Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Shreveport On Road Racers  (SORR) >

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Shreveport On Road Racers (SORR)

Old 11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll help Kevin run the races or whatever else he needs help with. Since I only run in one class (and since my car never works right anyways) it would be easy for me to work the computer or whatever he may need done so that he could get his car ready!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks to all helping out

I also would like to thank Kevin for his time and efforts to the club we will come up with something to help bicycle-boy out.

Supa did a great job getting the website up and going.

Tigger thanks for helping me get the software and computer lined out.

Tom thanks to you for helping us out with the transponders.

JasonA and Jeremy for also helping running the races.

The turn out was good i know every thing didn't go as planed but it was a good start. We have only been working on this stuff a few days and have made great progress if we can keep up this kind of progress everything will be top notch in no time. So every body pitch in and keep a cool head and lets keep moving forward !! Sorry if i left anyone out just want to thank everyone helping especially kev
Old 11-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

sounds great people taking turns everyone helping each other out!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Man there are 4 people looking at this thread. Sweet.

I was always learned to take turns.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe if Ron and Josh Pyles can stop hacking long enough.The could help with the computer system too.

Last edited by zigzag; 11-11-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

That would be COMPUTER wouldnt it well anyway nice to see my drive can return emails well to let you all know I thing your doing great! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

THINK
Old 11-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

lucky you caught that. c-dub
Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My apopogies.

I made a mistake on the points because I forgot John and Scotia missed out on the first week of points and would like to use the "buy in" policy we talked about at our last meeting.

For late comers it simply means that people who join our series late instead of feeling discouraged being 50 or 100pts down can make a one time buy in for points at their first race for a club donation of 10$ per person.

This will do two things: 1 people who find out about us late will be able to join in (this grows the club membership) and will help the club with money (we all saw how bad we need a new program for the computer).

Me and Dustin will try to have all the new info on the website.

kev
Old 11-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

I dont believe the "buy in" advanced anyones position but it did tighten up the points between racers. This should add some excitement.
Please notify me of discrepencies and questions.

I forgot to ask Tom Whitman and Jeremy if they were going to buy points but so you know they are eligable. I just forgot to ask.
kev
Old 11-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Threasury update

SORR is up to $93!!
Here's how: The funds we had planned on spending for our website and transponder box ($25) was not accepted due to the gracious pockets of others. Then you add the $26 we took for the 20% of racer fees ($10/racer x 13 = $130 x 20% = $26)

SUPAD I wouldn't mind adding my spreadsheet our website if its possible. Make to where I can edit or cut and paste the updates and everyone else is read only.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Kevin,
I think it's a great idea to have a purchase program for buying lastplace points. It would encourage people who could not make it in the begining to get into the points chase and encourage everyone else to continue to come if they miss any of the races.
One never knows when a childs school program could possibly interfer with the importance of the points chase!!!!!!
Could you buy last place points if you miss a race for any other reason or at any other time? ie: Hacking John is in 13th place due to 3 Thrusdays of deer killing urges. Could he buy 3 rounds of last place points and possibly advance to say 10th place? This is assuming that hacking John has already bought in from the first race he missed?
(Sorry John I didn't want to use you as an example)
Old 11-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Regional Moderator

No I think thats part of racing. If you dont show, you don't get the points. I think that it is unfair to the people who are there every week. The "buy your way in" method is understandable because we are just starting out.

my 2 cents
Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with Dustin. Theres a good chance I may not make the race next Thurs. Should that happen I would lose out on 20-16pts. Thats on me.
But for those who find out about the club surfing the net and reading our web site (mega props to Supa "webmaster" D") the point buy in program is designed to encourage their participation and penalize them for not knowing about our series.

Darkside out.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

BTW thanks for the love.......

I'm touched

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.