oval track in west monroe la

Old 11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation oval track in west monroe la

i am looking at building a oval rc track inthe western part of west monroe right off i20 with a offroad track also. how many oval racers are there in the northen part of state. i know shreveport area has a oval track but that is closest to the mississippi line. i have 3 trucks converted to late models now and looking at maybe adding another one to run modified bodies also. looking for a lil input on track size 1/10 scale trucks. area im am using is red clay based dirt. thanks for any info. brad
Old 11-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racercj1 View Post
i am looking at building a oval rc track inthe western part of west monroe right off i20 with a offroad track also. how many oval racers are there in the northen part of state. i know shreveport area has a oval track but that is closest to the mississippi line. i have 3 trucks converted to late models now and looking at maybe adding another one to run modified bodies also. looking for a lil input on track size 1/10 scale trucks. area im am using is red clay based dirt. thanks for any info. brad
The dirt oval thing never really took off here in Shreveport. And it wasnt from a lack of effort. We even had a few guys from the Dallas area come over a couple times to try and help jump start things but there was just not enough interest. So......I converted to offroad!! LOL I assume when you say trucks you are talking about short course trucks?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jeauxkor View Post
The dirt oval thing never really took off here in Shreveport. And it wasnt from a lack of effort. We even had a few guys from the Dallas area come over a couple times to try and help jump start things but there was just not enough interest. So......I converted to offroad!! LOL I assume when you say trucks you are talking about short course trucks?
Yes short course trucks 2 and 4 wd. It's just a hobby for the oval as dirt track is what I love. Circle track racing. I want to incorporate both off road and oval in the same track. Use the oval as part of the off road track so could do both.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racercj1 View Post
You need to get on facebook there are some tracks near you in Mississippi

Black Bayou in Greenville

Back 40 Speedway Koscuskio

Seminary Rc Speedway Seminary

SPRINGHILL RC Speedway new one in Terry

one near Baton Rouge Give-A-Hoot
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CherryValley View Post
You need to get on facebook there are some tracks near you in Mississippi

Black Bayou in Greenville

Back 40 Speedway Koscuskio

Seminary Rc Speedway Seminary

SPRINGHILL RC Speedway new one in Terry

one near Baton Rouge Give-A-Hoot
I saw all those I am on the ms rc page. But they are still well over a hour and half from west Monroe. About the same to Shreveport for me. Just wanted something in the middle to cut down on travel maybe.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good luck.... Not being negative but it's really hard for oval track to live where virtually no one runs it. Not to sway you away but if its not close to town then people really are going to have a hard time staying with something that's too far out of town and don't have a real interest in certain sports. I do wish you the best!!! If you also want to hold races you have to compete with all those other tracks to get a showing. What other than oval do you race? I understand your concept of oval on the outside and offroad in the middle that would make one hell of an oval track... As far as distance traveled.... Your better off making two separate tracks. Just giving advice....
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Initiate

the track would be about 5minutes off i20 west of wells rd. nothing official yet just in talks with the land owner just looking at play track not necceassly a race race track. i have a traxxas and team assocaited short course trucks with late models bodys. i would like to come to monroe track but i live 20 miles south of there. wanna more or less just have a place closer to play with out bashinginthe yard. tks for the info.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Location: West Monroe,LA........yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

I would come to run around the oval.I was really disappointed the Shreveport oval didnt go very far.I built a "Big Dog" car and a superstock latemodel.I also had 2 Losi Sliders.I live one exit down at Cheniere Drew.Dont let anybody sway your choice by being negative.If youve got the funds and the land,do it.I use to have my own personal track on a pipeline next door to my house.I loved it!But when the land sold to someone else,i had to tear it down.I would get out there with my kids and have a blast.It had no drivers stand,no electricity,and grass was hard to control,,but it didnt matter.WE HAD FUN.I say do it.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

No doubt man. I had a pretty sweet oval in my yard. But the offroad bug bit me and i abandoned all things oval. I thought you were building a competitive track. Im with Robbie. If ya just looking to have some fun then go for it!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Initiate

for fun but it ebough get going it can turn to all out competive for sure.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What info I gave out is just that... Info. To play around and have a track for fun yeah sure go for it. I have thought about in my back yard but the pond is too close and well I don't want to take that chance... Lol... Then I would have to take up rc boats!!! Lol

if anyone thought my post above was negative then I will not tell the truth again.....
Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

no problem here as that was what i was asking for was info. tks again
Old 11-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Yea Jody, we know you need lots of room. Lol
Old 11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Location: West Monroe,LA........yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

From the info i got from racercj1,it could be awesome r/c complex.The land is already a motocross track and the owner has all of the equipment to build any type of configuration someone wanted.And another note,the owner doesnt really have an interest in r/c and would be unbiased as track layout goes.I need to call you this week Brad.Ive known Bruce for years and the track is within earshot of my house.I hear the four stroke thumpers all the time...LOL.....i would like to see an oval happen locally.Some people think the ONLY r/c racing is off road.I think to really enjoy the racing scene,you have to venture away from ridiculously tall jumps,constant rolling an flipping with marshalls running all over the track adding yet another obstacle.Most people think that oval is "just turn left".It actually takes some skill.

Last edited by artnair; 11-24-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by artnair View Post
From the info i got from racercj1,it could be awesome r/c complex.The land is already a motocross track and the owner has all of the equipment to build any type of configuration someone wanted.And another note,the owner doesnt really have an interest in r/c and would be unbiased as track layout goes.I need to call you this week Brad.Ive known Bruce for years and the track is within earshot of my house.I hear the four stroke thumpers all the time...LOL.....i would like to see an oval happen locally.Some people think the ONLY r/c racing is off road.I think to really enjoy the racing scene,you have to venture away from ridiculously tall jumps,constant rolling an flipping with marshalls running all over the track adding yet another obstacle.Most people think that oval is "just turn left".It actually takes some skill.
good deal text me and i will let you know what evening i go out there will after 4 one day this week. bruce is looking for ideas and input. already has a offroad track laid out and just needs finishing. can include a oval around it or he said he had another spot right beside it to build another track (oval). was gonna go out over the weekend yesterday or today but they are having abig motocross race so i didnt want to bother him today. he is ready to get something going with it though. looking forward to having something closer to drive to onthis side of the river. tks brad

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service