Baton Rouge Needs a Track

Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Baton Rouge Needs a Track

Hi y'all. I just move down south to BR and in need of looking for a track near by, but was shock to find out a city as big as BR to not have any off road tracks nor indoor off road tracks. There is no tracks even in nearby towns. What's up with that? Closes one is in New Orleans or the one in Springfield. Found out there was one in Watson but got burnt down.

Who's with me for a vote for some more rc action down here in BR.

Someone needs to open up one. No need for hobby shop, just mainly a track.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

lafayette has one
Old 09-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nsx838
Hi y'all. I just move down south to BR and in need of looking for a track near by, but was shock to find out a city as big as BR to not have any off road tracks nor indoor off road tracks. There is no tracks even in nearby towns. What's up with that? Closes one is in New Orleans or the one in Springfield. Found out there was one in Watson but got burnt down.

Who's with me for a vote for some more rc action down here in BR.

Someone needs to open up one. No need for hobby shop, just mainly a track.
That my friend is easier said then done. Everyone says SOMEONE needs to open a track. Well when someone does open a if and when people show to run then they are no where to be seen during rebuilds or repair. THEN no one is ever happy with the layout. Also SOMEONE has to pay for everything. I am actually just paying off bills from a track I was a co-owner in we decided to shut down 3 years ago because we decided to be the SOMEONE who tried to open a track. So I truly understand why tracks are closing and you are not seeing new tracks open. I hate to say it but I know what it is like from both sides, being both a racer and a owner. I hate to say it but until SOMEONE decides to build a track there you will just have to either bash around or travel to run. Sorry to be so short and blunt.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
That my friend is easier said then done. Everyone says SOMEONE needs to open a track. Well when someone does open a if and when people show to run then they are no where to be seen during rebuilds or repair. THEN no one is ever happy with the layout. Also SOMEONE has to pay for everything. I am actually just paying off bills from a track I was a co-owner in we decided to shut down 3 years ago because we decided to be the SOMEONE who tried to open a track. So I truly understand why tracks are closing and you are not seeing new tracks open. I hate to say it but I know what it is like from both sides, being both a racer and a owner. I hate to say it but until SOMEONE decides to build a track there you will just have to either bash around or travel to run. Sorry to be so short and blunt.

I get what you're saying but I'm just a little shock to not see one in Baton Rouge. It's not a small town, it's a city. Seems like most of the tracks are moving into towns and away from the city or maybe just not enough interest in this area. Idk

Well, for the meantime it's a hour drive to either Springfield, New Orleans or Lafeyette.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bump! Any tracks near BR?!?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I thought about opening one up. Im just not sure it'll make money or be worth my time. I want more than just an off-road track. Drag track, off-road track and maybe one indoors too, indoor carpet track and an outdoor touring car track. All of that would take big money to start.....more than I'd want to risk if it didn't make it. There has been three tracks fail here in the baton rouge area. I can tell you one common thing about those tracks tho. All three owners weren't the nicest people to deal with and did not have ANY customer service skills. That may have played a big part in why they shut down.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i think opening a track expecting to make money will make owners be in bad moods. open a track for the love and wanting to support the scene. get support from other racers to help it survive. most racers are willing to help . with that, i think spring field is making an attempt to come back, and racing next weekend?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

St Charles Race Way is about an hour away from baton Rouge..... Also Flowood, Mississippi has a great indoor track @ right at 2hrs away... Albany track is nice.... Has a shop on the property as well...
Old 03-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

What tracks are near Baton Rouge?
Old 03-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

SCR will be the closest at about an hour. what are you looking to race?
Old 03-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run nitro buggy and truggy
Old 03-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

then scr forsure. when are you coming ? there is a big even is jackson, about 2.5 hours outside of BR the 28/29th.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

There's a dirt oval in Walker, LA. We run 1/8 nitro late models, and SCmods. Sorry, no offroad.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

At one time there were quite a few tracks open in the area , Lafayette, denham, Springfield, destrahan, etc. a lot of fighting online and stacking races on top each other killed them , One of the guys representing the Lafayette track saying they only wanted their core group coming out ran off a lot of ppl , the denham springs tracks hobby shop burned down , I live in Springfield and that track is closed as well I'm hearing foreclosure , destrahan is open and tri city in Patterson is open as well as a new track in picayune vk racing , I'd love to see another one open closer to Baton Rouge myself I'm putting 4 cars together now for me and the family to go run at destrahan and picayune and flowood , if I owned the land I would open one myself but I don't , I'd definitely be willing to support one if it did open and I would have no problems with coming out and helping when I'm available
Old 03-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

It takes a real commitment, and thick skin to run a track. The people that do, are real special people in my eyes. They usually give up their own racing to run the tracks, just for the love of the hobby. If more people would thank the track owners for giving them a place to race, instead of bitching, there would probably be more tracks, and less burnout.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.