R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Louisiana Racing Fourm (https://www.rctech.net/forum/louisiana-racing-fourm-47/)
-   -   Southern State Race Series (https://www.rctech.net/forum/louisiana-racing-fourm/574392-southern-state-race-series.html)

bobbyc1127 12-04-2011 03:34 AM

Southern State Race Series

Hey everyone. A person I was talking to yesterday at Operation Santa Claus, got me to really really thinking about doing a series in the 4 state souther area here, these 4 states would be Mississippi, (Flowood) Louisana (TandT, Full Throttle), Arkansas (Wolf Pak) and Texas ( Mike's and Indy R/C World). ALL of these tracks named have a reputation for not only have some of the best racing action but really great staff there working. My thing is I will NOT be involved in the decesion making. I think 1 person needs to be the 1 behind the curtain making the decesions and I have a person in mind. I am going to approach him about doing this and see what he thinks. And it is NOT anyone that is well known for tring to promote races or has any benefit from doing this. Myself I would love to see a series like this just my ONLY stipulation is that there are no conflicts with setting dates on or a week before or after a preplanned event I.E. and R/c Pro event be it State or Regional, LoneStar or Ice Breaker, or Puddin's Dialed Inc race ETC ETC.... I myself would be and will be doing the majority of the leg work from the public eye but this as of yet unnamed person would be making the final decesion...I know this person I have in mind would make level headed and mindful decesions and would do what is best for the series..But I would like some feed back from everyone and there thoughts...ALSO...I would like to make this event as affordable as possible for everyone as we all know the economy is now playing a factor in everyone's ability to make it to and run in races also...I know this is just an idea but hopefully we can make this happen next year or at least get the series started late in the year and let it run into the next....BUT WE SHALL SEE....:sneaky:

lockmouth 12-04-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127 (Post 9992897)
Hey everyone. A person I was talking to yesterday at Operation Santa Claus, got me to really really thinking about doing a series in the 4 state souther area here, these 4 states would be Mississippi, (Flowood) Louisana (TandT, Full Throttle), Arkansas (Wolf Pak) and Texas ( Mike's and Indy R/C World). ALL of these tracks named have a reputation for not only have some of the best racing action but really great staff there working. My thing is I will NOT be involved in the decesion making. I think 1 person needs to be the 1 behind the curtain making the decesions and I have a person in mind. I am going to approach him about doing this and see what he thinks. And it is NOT anyone that is well known for tring to promote races or has any benefit from doing this. Myself I would love to see a series like this just my ONLY stipulation is that there are no conflicts with setting dates on or a week before or after a preplanned event I.E. and R/c Pro event be it State or Regional, LoneStar or Ice Breaker, or Puddin's Dialed Inc race ETC ETC.... I myself would be and will be doing the majority of the leg work from the public eye but this as of yet unnamed person would be making the final decesion...I know this person I have in mind would make level headed and mindful decesions and would do what is best for the series..But I would like some feed back from everyone and there thoughts...ALSO...I would like to make this event as affordable as possible for everyone as we all know the economy is now playing a factor in everyone's ability to make it to and run in races also...I know this is just an idea but hopefully we can make this happen next year or at least get the series started late in the year and let it run into the next....BUT WE SHALL SEE....:sneaky:

Sounds like a great idea, I would love to see this happen.

bobbyc1127 12-04-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by lockmouth (Post 9995321)
Sounds like a great idea, I would love to see this happen.

Mario I know you would...I know you and the crew there would put on a great race...you guys there are on the level of some of the best tracks for you to have such a "SMALL CREW" (and this is not a bad comment). You guys rock it everytime I have been there....

redron123 12-04-2011 07:51 PM

Lets do it!

Jeauxkor 12-04-2011 08:47 PM

Im down!

JamminSP 12-05-2011 06:14 AM

Texas Round 1
Gulfcoast Raceway, Porter, Texas
Fri. 2/3/2012 - Sun. 2/5/2012

South Division Round 1 - Wolfpack RC Track
Pearcy, Arkansas
Fri, Mar 2 to Sun, Mar 4, 2012

Dialed, Inc. Off Road Championship
T & T Speedway, Shreveport, La
Fri. 3/23/2012 - Sun. 3/25/2012

Texas Round 2
Starcar Raceway, Corpus Christi, Texas
Fri. 4/6/2012 - Sun. 4/8/2012

South Division Round 2 - Finishline RC Raceway
Scott, Louisiana
Fri, Apr 27 to Sun, Apr 29, 2012

Texas Round 3
Mike's Hobby Shop, Carrollton, Texas
Fri. 5/18/2012 - Sun. 5/20/2012

South Division Round 3 - Taylor Park RC Raceway
Yukon, Oklahoma
Fri, Jun 1 to Sun, Jun 3, 2012

Texas Round 4
Katy RC, Katy, Texas
Fri. 6/22/2012 - Sun. 6/24/2012

South Division Round 4 - Mike's Hobby Shop
Carrollton, Texas
Fri, Jul 20 to Sun, Jul 22, 2012

Texas State Finals
Temple RC Speedway, Temple, Texas
Fri. 8/4/2012 - Mon. 8/6/2012

2012 RC Pro National Finals
Gulfcoast Raceway, Porter, Texas
Wed. 10/31/2012 - Sun. 11/4/2012

There is the race schedule for the 2012 season. Basically just the Texas State and the Divisional South RC Pro races. Not counting AMS, The Ice Breaker, etc..... Im always down for more races.....

bobbyc1127 12-05-2011 08:15 AM

EXACTLY...and before I even decided to start this post I contacted Dave at R/C Pro and spoke to him and he was not at all upset or annoyed. I told him that I know when he does his races and will work this around his and all the other big races coming up. I just hope that the tracks will understand the fact that I want to try to keep the entry fees at the or close to $20 to $25 range.

RCBUM 12-08-2011 09:23 AM

Lets Race

It can work bobby and we will be in on Southern race series. It just may be hard to draw in the Tx. tracks you may have to make a road trip to work it all out. Let me know what you come up with.

bobbyc1127 12-08-2011 10:13 AM

I know that there will be some Texas guys willing to travel. BUT the hard part will be landing the dates so everyone that can make it will. I need to get the ball rolling on contacting the tracks and getting possible sponsors lined up. And for the record I am not tring to hurt the local club races any just get r/c back to the level it used to be if not a higher level it is in California. You have several series races that run out there. Well why can't we have soemthing like that not necessarly in state but over the entire Southern region?

And from what Mario has said he is game along with you and Tom...so 2 tracks are on the bandwagon I just got to contact Flowood and Indy and Mike's in Carrolton..

Also I know it will be tricky coming up with the dates...But here is what I was thinking thus far

Round 1 Full Throttle
Round 2 Mike's Hobby Shop
Round 3 Flowood
Round 4 Indy
Round 5 Wolf Pak
And the finals and I am wanting it to be a single day race for the regular races but the finals be a 2 day even with the finals being held at TandT. Hopefully with it being there the contact we have with the news can possibly get the news out and do a story of how R/C has not only made a return to Shreveport/Bossier but the entire south.

All of these dates are not set in stone...some tracks may or may not want to take part...BUT I will stress to them that we want to try to do it from a budget minded point of view due to the amount of traveling alot of racers will be doing. I know for myself except for the TandT event I will more then likely be staying at a hotel for the majority of the series.