R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Louisiana Racing Fourm (https://www.rctech.net/forum/louisiana-racing-fourm-47/)
-   -   Pro Series At Finishline Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/louisiana-racing-fourm/518651-pro-series-finishline-raceway.html)

tracyabshire 05-30-2011 05:59 PM

Pro Series At Finishline Raceway

The track is commeing along good, should be rapping it up this weekend. We will post up some pics of the new layout this weekend. Layout will be fun and fast.

JamminSP 05-30-2011 06:35 PM

This will be my first trip to Finishline. What is the soil conditions like? Does it blue out or stay loose?

pickle311 05-30-2011 07:29 PM

Will be my first trip too, I'm excited about this one. Is the track typically smooth or does it get a little rough?

tracyabshire 05-31-2011 06:27 AM

The dirt should groove once everyone starts running it. We will be putting down alot of water after we finfish the layout, so with the moisture in the track it will have no problem grooving. We are going to roll the track with a roller so i think it will smooth, but you know what happens when you build a new layout and you have over a hundred people running on it, it will probally get kinda rough. We will do our best to keep it together though.

pickle311 05-31-2011 01:19 PM

We will be driving through late Thursday night. Can we stop by the track and setup our pit spot as we are driving through or do we have to wait until Friday? We are staying in Baton Rouge with my family.

l3asher 05-31-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by pickle311 (Post 9191230)
We will be driving through late Thursday night. Can we stop by the track and setup our pit spot as we are driving through or do we have to wait until Friday? We are staying in Baton Rouge with my family.

Yes you can, that's not a problem.

CMaD 05-31-2011 07:16 PM

we'll see yall friday, i'll be giving the ebuggy class a try for the first time, should be interesting.

jonw 06-01-2011 03:57 PM

We making the trip from Bishop Texas. Looking forward to some good racing and LA hospitality. Cade is ready to eat good too haha. How far from Lafayette are is the track, we are going to try to stay at a La Qunita if there is one close.

Thanks

Jon

l3asher 06-01-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jonw (Post 9197020)
We making the trip from Bishop Texas. Looking forward to some good racing and LA hospitality. Cade is ready to eat good too haha. How far from Lafayette are is the track, we are going to try to stay at a La Qunita if there is one close.

Thanks

Jon

10 minutes from the La Qunita on the Thru Way.

jonw 06-01-2011 05:54 PM

Thanks, would you happen to have the address for it of a phone number?

PUDDIN 06-01-2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by JamminSP (Post 9187546)
This will be my first trip to Finishline. What is the soil conditions like? Does it blue out or stay loose?

The dirt is almost exactly like Tnt in shreveport

JamminSP 06-01-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by PUDDIN (Post 9197635)
The dirt is almost exactly like Tnt in shreveport

Kewl! Thanks.... I might have a shot at qualifying higher than the C main..... LMAO

rc.maddman 06-01-2011 07:47 PM

track address is 211 apollo rd , Scott,La 70583. less then 1/2 mile off interstate and only the 2 miles from 1st lafayette exit.Some great food right near track . Fezzos , the Shed BBQ, Dons , Rochettos pizza. All less then 1 mile away.

rc.maddman 06-01-2011 07:50 PM

There are also 2 hotels less then 1 mile from the track , a Holiday Inn Express and what used to be a Howard Johnson, not sure if it still is.

rc.maddman 06-02-2011 06:11 PM

So I was looking at RC SIGNUP and we are at nearly 160 entries, but I only see about 60 or so LOUISIANA racers for RC PRO NATIONAL SERIES . I really dont see to many guys from SCR or T&T . There are classes to suit all skill levels guys , no need to be intimidated by the "pro" guys . The racing is AWESOME at pro series, there is NO delays in race day it goes very quickly and you get to hang with guys from 3 or 4 states that dont get here very often.

The track is coming together nicely , jumps are in and shapped , packing all weekend with a rolling , vibrating to get it nice and smooth.