Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Moving to area wanting to race 1/8 buggy >

Moving to area wanting to race 1/8 buggy

Moving to area wanting to race 1/8 buggy

Old 06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Moving to area wanting to race 1/8 buggy

I will be moving to the area in a couple of months and I am wondering about the 1/8 buggy scene there? What are the race days and how often are they? Is there a good hobby shop?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey,
I just moved to the area last week and had the same question. There is a hobby shop called Hobbies Xtreme (http://hobbiesextreme.com/) and apparently they have a track near Bossier. From the looks of it the track is very nice and well maintained. I emailed the president of the club but never got a response. I also emailed the hobby shop and got minimal response but was told they race on Saturday evenings. I'm going to try and run by the shop and see if I can get some more info. I'll be sure and let you know what I find out. I know they have a buggy class and I'm pretty sure they have a strong showing of truggies, which is what I race. Drop me a line when you get to the area.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right now that is the force driving "mass" Rc in our area. The racing is very intense and serious. If you are looking for the most competative series in our area these are the guys you want to hook up with.

I dont nitro ........ I like to see the car move everytime I pull the trigger and have no patience for glow plugs.

I will admit that when I'm on that side of the river they are a blast to watch. I believe a couple of our locals are even nationally ranked.

Kev.