Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Louisiana Racing Fourm
Nominate Pres, Senior VP and VP >

Nominate Pres, Senior VP and VP

Nominate Pres, Senior VP and VP

Old 02-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nominate Pres, Senior VP and VP

We need some folks to fill some pretty critical positions to see carpet racing survive the summer. We all know the best fix for spring fever is offroad racing. Some of us either have no offroad machines or enjoy road racing more to we need to address some critical issues.

Please post your nominations for President, Senior VP, and VP. We will have the most popular names on our website for voting. This is not the place to vote only to nominate.

S.O.R.R. also needs a treasurer.

Please consider the following issues as you think of the leadership you nominate. The club needs to address:
Prize list for spring series
April fools race details
Membership update
Track relocation (I volunteered for this project)
How to use the funds we amass

No joke nominations please.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to nominate John Hayes for VP or Senior VP. Many times I have had to make difficult decisions and after a talk with John the answer would become clear. He has very good common sense and has been with the club a long time. He is also a paid member. I think that shows committment.

P.S. Hey Dustin, hows my spelling??
Old 02-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Im a dedicated onroad guy, and I feel confident that I can help keep the ball rolling in the carpet scene.

I was going to sorta let everyone ponder this decision before I stepped up to say I would like to be president, but I would definately enjoy taking some of the responsiblities of the club on my shoulders. My experience ranges from racing at top notch permanent asphalt facilities to racing in parking lots, I generally have a good idea about race organization.

easy e - for ? I will let the others decide that. . .

For management of mass funds I say that we just continue to save this money, Eventually we will have enough to be able to rent our own building, and still have enough cash to make it through the rough if racing gets slow.

If we lose our building in the meantime, I say anyone who doesn't want to wait out for a new place , give them their $30 back and say thanks for coming out, But those in the club can stay together with the funds until something better comes along. Money in the bank isnt going anywhere and neither are dedicated racers.

April Fools Race - Maybe a new layout? run the track backwards ? After this point season we are up for a new layout anyways.. PR for this race will include hitting up the Jackson MS crew, hitting up the Dallas crew, There is also a handful of guys in Tyler.
-I completely disagree with handout motors for this race.
-$20 non members, $15 member, entry fee scores you a fee meal(burger,chips,soda) My g-pa loves to grill. Not sure if anyone has any links to grill on wheels , trailer grill, mobile grill w/e but I know he would like to come cook. $5 price break for 2nd entry. Bottom line here, raise more money for the club since this will be our last "promised" day to have the building.
-prizes - trohpies or cool little plaque would be good IMO,(t monore as the goto guy)
-3 qualifiers single A mains.. Does anyone know anything about "qualapoints",its something like an average of your 3 qualifiers as opposed to the traditional "rocket round" which is your best run qualifies you.

Prizes for the points series. Thats a tough one, trophies definately, but as far as handing out an actual "prize" ? Something nice that people can appreciate is good, but things like a new kit, or vacation to Cancun is unrealistic

Last edited by easy e; 02-24-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Suspended

What is the April Fools Race?? Do we get to Shreveport and you guys say....got ya!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, on that note I would like to say that I am very willing to help the track out in anyway I can. I may not have been around much but I willing get info from ppl hear what the "club" as a whole has to apply and will go along with them.All IM saying is that if there is a position to be filled I will step up and do the job it don't matter if I am prez, s.v.p., or v.p. This is a sport that has really grabbed my attention and I am willing to do what it takes to make sure we keep this going and as far as being paid up kev IM getting there slowly but surely thanks for being patient.... If there are any other ppl that would like to give this a shot and they are better fit that is also fine I am just giving my 2 cents if no one else is willing to step up.

Last edited by HPIkid; 02-24-2006 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

not really nominating anyone but I do think we should try to get peaple who have been around for a while. I see alot of peaple get in and out of hobbies very quickly ( myself included). So I think peaple like Herb, Kevin, James, Jason B., and a couple others I am missing is who we need to try to get do to the fact they will probably not disapear from the track after a few months.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Plllleeeaaassee dont vote Garren Lindsay for anything especially treasurer!!
Old 02-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Garren hasn't been at the track in a while..
Old 02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just say for myself that if there is no one willing to step up and do it I would have no prob... but if any of the guys you name are willing to take on them rolls then I am for them as well D.D. but we do need to get on the ball as kev would say. As far as getting some positions filled.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by easy e
-I completely disagree with handout motors for this race.
Why ?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Suspended

As a person from out of town that might be looking to come as well as bring some friends to this race, would not like to see handouts. The fast guys are still going to be fast and the slow guys are still going to be slow. This would increase cost and make for a less enjoyable day. I don't want to work on a new motor right when I get there. Besides, everyone already has a stock motor.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

I like the idea of running the track backwards for the April Fools race. After that we could do a good tear down, vacuum, and rebuild.

I believe as long as we stay on Thurs. I think Tom will allow us to keep using the transponders. Thats huge and really appreciated.

I like the idea of a big race at the $15mem/$20guest for a meal and a trophy for guys finishing 1,2,3, in their class. Throw in some door prizes and a really epic race schedule like 3 quals and double mains......... ouch. Something epic so we can look back and think, "Man that was crazy.....fun."

April will also give us a good look at who our core membership is, so I look forward to it. I know the nitro guys will need us to help them with a big race coming up so we can reciprocate some of the love they showed us in the winter.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

The plan has been to have hand out race since November. The idea was brought up, presented in a meeting, and everybody agreed to it. While its nice to recognize an outsiders opinion on topics, IT SHOULD NOT BE HEARD UNLESS YOU HAVE A MEMBERSHIP. My point is, when people bought those memberships the only real thing that it gave them was to right to vote on issues, events, and misc matters with the club. Some dude from dallas has an opinion about something it seems as though we are looking at catering to the "non-member". That's B.S. If you do that then you are pulling the rug from under the feet of the paid members.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Whoa J, Pixie dust pixie dust.......go to a happy place. Lets not alienate any of our guests just yet.

Although your points are valid this is not the right forum. Lets take this to a new thread and keep this open for nominations.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Suspended

moved to other thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.