Old 11-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

school and workin at H-Town

gotta save for college, so racing has been put on the back burner for now
Old 11-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

WOW! 2 days and nothing from Anthony. Must still be at Popeye's.

Later,
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Brushless class...

I know you guys are racing the Novak 4300 and I'm thinking of starting there with the racing (if the wife will ever let me) but is there another motor that would be allowed in the same class? I was thinking more specifically about the Reedy Neo-One's or the Mamba Max or maybe one of the Tekin Spec motors coming out soon.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The class only allows the Novak 4300 motor. As far as I know you can run either the Novak GTB or LRP speedo. I believe you can also run other speedos if they will work with the Novak motor.

The Neo motor you mentioned would be a mod class motor like the Novak 5.5

Hope this helps,
Old 11-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think tekin is coming out with a 4300 equal....won;t that throw a monkey in the wrench.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just saw a flier on a very cool Tekin ESC. Voltage cut off, on baord motor temp sensor, tons of throttle profiles, brake adjustability, PC tuning and the thing is TINY.

Think a Tekin Brushless system would be cool if Fastlane will let us run them. Too bad I can't afford one till after Christmas and Tax season.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I think tekin is coming out with a 4300 equal....won;t that throw a monkey in the wrench.
No monkies here. Shane said "Novak" 4300 only. Done! No monkies.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Erock
No monkies here. Shane said "Novak" 4300 only. Done! No monkies.
I actually don't know what Tekin is coming out with motor wise, but that's just the attitude needed to turn racers away, especially when rotors are already being modified and changed...taking off thermal sensers...

Last edited by David Alberico; 11-16-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by David Alberico
I actually don't know what Tekin is coming out with motor wise, but that's just the attitude needed to turn racers away, especially when rotors are already being modified and changed...taking off thermal sensers...
Really, that is why Shane has made the 4300 class the largest class he has? I don't see it turning any racers away. Infact it is the opposite. On top of all that, most everybody is having a blast in that class, unless we blow up a battery or break something.

I will say that the 4300 are not even from motor to motor, but it is closer than mixing brands of motors.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't think anybody wants to turn away racers. It's unknown at this point how motors from other companies will compare to Novak's 4300, so it's hard to say if they should be allowed. A big part of the class is parity, so introducing new motors could upset the delicate balance that currently exists. Currently, most manufacturers are focusing on mod brushless motors, which wouldn't have a place in the 4300 class. There's not much interest in mod racing locally, at least not indoors. When the summer comes, maybe we can get something going on the asphalt track, though.

David, I feel you on the sponsorship issue, and I hope there's some way around it so you can join us. Tailoring racing to sponsored drivers probably isn't the best way to run the show though, don't you think? Will the new Tekin ESC run sensored motors in sensorless mode? If so, would Tekin let you run a Novak motor until they've got something similar in its place? I will GIVE you a used 4300 if that's what it will take to get you out there racing with us. The more people the better.

I don't make the decisions, but if I did, I would say it's too early to say anything for sure. Tony will be quick to tell us how great sensorless systems are, so that alone could be a big factor. We should know more about it once Mamba can run Novak's 4300 in sensorless mode. There's a lot of classes built around the 4300 motor now, so if someone else does release a 10.5 turn brushless, we'll surely hear a lot about it.

You've got about 15-20 guys locally that are happily running the 4300 class. Fastlane has been publicly praised by Novak and Orion for doing this class, and inspired other tracks to try something similar. I've only been at this two years locally, but it's certainly happier than I've seen anybody in that period of time. What's not to like, exactly? Why the thinly-veiled animosity toward the class? People are running it, loving it, showing up for races, and having fun. What's so bad about that? It's clear manufacturers think BL is the future, and it's steadily gained momentum since its introduction. Why the hate? Isn't this supposed to be about fun, and not loyalty to some motor or battery company?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Just a note...

I spoke to (anonymous) that is sponsored by Tekin. I was told that Tekin shouldn't have a problem with someone running the 4300 with the new Tekin BL speedo if thats what the class dictates. At the club level, it would most likely not be an issue as they would rather have their drivers gettng practice in instead of sitting on the sidelines. As Tekin is more focused on BL for offroad (where it is being widely accepted) and Mod classes, I think they would be reasonable enough to allow their team guys to compete locally.

We welcome anyone that wants to race in the class, but you surely would agree that the whole idea behond it is to make things even. As CLOSE to EVEN as humanly possible.

Personally I'd love to see you guys in the class. But class rules have to be enforced. This was NEVER meant to "turn away racers". But surely you would agree that there has to be rules. No?

Likewise, I have a motor to lend if one the "sponsored guys" wants to join in.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey David, There is still a crowd running stock and 19t brushed in a variety of classes.
If you show up to the track, someone will loan you a motor so you can enter a class. That is for sure!! But you have to show up first.

Bring a friend or two and Come on out and have some fun!!!

See ya there, Jon
(aka. Scooby)
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was just checking since this does seem to be the growing class. I didn't want to spend the money and buy one of the other motors that "might" be the equivelent only to find out I couldn't race it. Keeping the class more equal is always a good idea and I have no problem with it. Just wanted to ask the question before I decide to drop the cash. Now if we could even it out more by going with something like the Trinity T-Spec chassis too....only problem with that is people would have to spend more on yet another chassis and that might keep people away.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muahdib4
I was just checking since this does seem to be the growing class. I didn't want to spend the money and buy one of the other motors that "might" be the equivelent only to find out I couldn't race it. Keeping the class more equal is always a good idea and I have no problem with it. Just wanted to ask the question before I decide to drop the cash. Now if we could even it out more by going with something like the Trinity T-Spec chassis too....only problem with that is people would have to spend more on yet another chassis and that might keep people away.
I think you'd find that nobody locally is so good that the chassis they're using is helping them, or holding them back. Bill Sydor is winning with an "ancient" XRay FK04 that can be purchased used for like $100 or something ridiculous.

If you're interested in doing foam sedan, though, the 4300 class is probably the way to go, at least right now. You can get into it fairly cheap if you go with LiPo, too, assuming you don't already have batteries and a charger. Using NiMH is fine too.

If you're just getting started, you might have better luck in the rubber tire sedan class. The 4300 class is fast, and a little bit hectic at times. You're welcome to join us, of course, but it's a little more involved than the rubber tire class. You can still get a Novak GTB with their 13.5 (stock) motor and enjoy the benefits of brushless in rubber tire, and then when you feel comfortable with sedan racing, pick up a 4300 and join us there, or continue to use your 13.5 in stock foam.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

I'm glad to hear that you're thinking of joining the brushless class. It has been a lot of fun and everyone has been pretty equal on the track. I personally haven't really seen any advantage in the changing of the rotors. My motor hasn't been updated or had the rotor changed or anything; it is bone stock. I'm not losing to power on the track; I'm losing do to setup, driving, and sometimes being in the wrong place at the wrong time. As for the chassis, there are several different chassis competing in that class and they all seem to be pretty evenly matched. Drivers have just adapted their setups to suit their driving style.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.