Like Tree5Likes

Fastlane Raceway

Reply

Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
  #15001  
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
you left off the
P.S. I am just teasing.... nobody go crazy
that allows you to post whatever you want

P.S. I am just teasing.... nobody go crazy
darn we got the same number of posts again, we must be the same person...
But im ok with what i said being taken for what it was.. That was me taking this wonderful chance to call Billy a scrub. lol

as for the mini thing... thats so not what she said
smoke81 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
  #15002  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smoke81 View Post
thats so not what she said
that's not the new saying, we discussed this last night and it's the perfect opportunity.
HenBeav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
  #15003  
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
that's not the new saying, we discussed this last night and it's the perfect opportunity.

I believe i said i wasn't going to go there lol.. although you are right and i guess i could say ps. im just teasing don't go crazy.
smoke81 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
  #15004  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by HenBeav View Post
that's not the new saying, we discussed this last night and it's the perfect opportunity.
Originally Posted by smoke81 View Post
I believe i said i wasn't going to go there lol.. although you are right and i guess i could say ps. im just teasing don't go crazy.
Originally Posted by smoke81 View Post
as for the mini thing... thats so not what he said
Everything is mini in Dustin's life from now on
BSYDOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
  #15005  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,207
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I heard a rumor Sydor is the new syndr0me!

Since Castle is local, I imagine they're at the track all the time testing updates to their software? Perhaps you guys could give them some guidance on the shortcomings of their software in person?
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM
  #15006  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Sorry- I don't buy the premise -if its available to change the parameters in the software, and it causes it to "stall" and find the direction of the motor before the start of the race- fix the software.... or take it out of the program.
Or in Ira's case, it "stops" on the track to "find" the motor again.

Use was a 1/12th scale - mid initial start, and zero timing on a Trinity duo 1.
And a few witness too.

I was going to let this topic go- and wait for the "next" software upgrade, but I am a little pissed off. I wasn't going to type this on a public forum but, since it keeps getting brought up.
Sorry to hear that for Ira's sake, has it been modded for 1/12 scale(b.e.c. removed)? If so did he do it or did CC?

Billy, I see you are a little pissed sorry that happened. I hope to see you guys Tuesday
Jaz406 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:43 PM
  #15007  
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I heard a rumor Sydor is the new syndr0me!

Since Castle is local, I imagine they're at the track all the time testing updates to their software? Perhaps you guys could give them some guidance on the shortcomings of their software in person?
lol........ oh you were serrious... my bad
smoke81 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
  #15008  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I heard a rumor Sydor is the new syndr0me!

Since Castle is local, I imagine they're at the track all the time testing updates to their software? Perhaps you guys could give them some guidance on the shortcomings of their software in person?
Called Thomas already, just waiting for a return phone call from him....
As you know as well as I do, testing.... Come on... Yes there a local company... I'm nobody - a "Scrub" (as I was told) and I have never see them testing anything on-road. And when Tony Clem worked there, He told me they tested their products up and down the hall.

See ya in April on your rug
BSYDOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
  #15009  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
Sorry to hear that for Ira's sake, has it been modded for 1/12 scale(b.e.c. removed)? If so did he do it or did CC?
No mod's- stock 2s esc, and I believe he sold it too....
BSYDOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
  #15010  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,207
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Called Thomas already, just waiting for a return phone call from him....
As you know as well as I do, testing.... Come on... Yes there a local company... I'm nobody - a "Scrub" (as I was told) and I have never see them testing anything on-road. And when Tony Clem worked there, He told me they tested their products up and down the hall.

See ya in April on your rug
I hear there's a lot of grip in the hallway! Ah well, at least they do a good job of supporting the local kids by having them paint bodies for them. Oh wait...

Looking forward to seeing you guys in April! 13.5 is still the most competitive class locally, but I imagine there will be a lot of guys doing 17.5 as well. 1/12 might be interesting, too, I think dumper will be in town.

I was thinking about doing VTA, too, but after filming this debacle yesterday, I might pass! 14 cars is too many for a single heat.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM
  #15011  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

the most important thing is we are all working hard today
HenBeav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM
  #15012  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
13.5 is still the most competitive class locally, but I imagine there will be a lot of guys doing 17.5 as well. 1/12 might be interesting, too, I think dumper will be in town.

I was thinking about doing VTA, too, but after filming this debacle yesterday, I might pass! 14 cars is too many for a single heat.
When I was in Cincy- The 13.5 class had a gentleman's agreement not to run the new technology. And for the 17.5 class it was open- I ran the new V203 and there were two others running the Mamba - James and Micheal. With the new esc- the 17.5's are a tenth of a second of the old tech esc 13.5 speeds... Crazy speeds....

results http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...010tristate%2F

Are there going to be limitations to esc's for the race?
BSYDOR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
  #15013  
Tech Master
 
smoke81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Everything is mini in Dustin's life from now on
you know thats not what you said last week! lol
smoke81 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
  #15014  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 1,260
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Are there going to be limitations to esc's for the race?
nothing other than Jason will be required to run a GTB.
HenBeav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM
  #15015  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,207
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BSYDOR View Post
Are there going to be limitations to esc's for the race?
Don't think so, I imagine it'll be open ESC.

Yeah, things have definitely changed, 17.5 is the new 13.5, and 13.5 is almost mod. I'm enjoying trying to tame the power of the 13.5 with the new ESC, it's a different approach for sure.
syndr0me is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service