Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
SHAWNEE HOBBY & RACEWAY (913) 422-RACE >

SHAWNEE HOBBY & RACEWAY (913) 422-RACE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHAWNEE HOBBY & RACEWAY (913) 422-RACE

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Even if they don't do the drifting there me and Dan have been looking in to getting us a car anyway ans find a place we can run at.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supachz
maybe ur right maybe its not oval vs offroad maybe its just about whinnig about everything when the oval was gone some guys come on here and say the track doesnt have enough flow or its too slow or there r too many kid or too many begginer on the track or there r too many jumps or not enough jumps or the dirt is too loose or too dry or too wet maybe some people just like to go on every tracks thread and give "construtive advise "
i havr only heard pissin and moning from the vetren offroaders so maybe thats just how they r of couse the oval would better if it was the whole track but u didnt here them complain or say negitive commites or threatin to not race or buy parts there where offroader comin out to the oval races just to tell all of us how stupid it was that bill was running oval and that they werent goin to sell any offroad parts (by the way all but two classes in oval r based on offroad cars sprint and latemodel althou some have offroad buugies as latemodels so they will still sell parts to oval guys too) and it would fail which is not very welcomin no one whats to race at a track they dont feel welcomed at. the main reason i end up racing oval was cuz i tried offroad a couple of times at the time there was hardly ever a novice class and the vetern racers where gettin pissed that i was messin up there race no one tryed to help me or even hardly talked to me i didnt even know how to tell when i was supose to race or what race i was in was very unwelcoming i was out on racing figure it wasnt for me. went to checkerd flag for the swapmeet almost everyone at the track greeted explained how things work gave me advise on setup or what tires to get pretty much bent over backwards to make me feel welcome that is why checkerrd flag averages 80 to over a 100 entries every race even in 100 degree plus weather not because the track is the smoothest in town or the racer r the best around or because of donnas browinies (well the brownies may be why some race there lol)but because they welcome begginers and they make u feel like u part of the family. so instead of giving ur opion of why the track wont work or politicing to get what u want poteinally allienating or scaring off furture racers welcome them and try in help them out be happy u have a track in the area that is growing i am sure fastlane did start off with four tracks and maybe bill will get there but for now he has to work with what he has so lets focus on the good and maybe with enough support and new racers the next expansion will be two or even three seperate tracks .
Dude, you are still missing it. You seem angry at the veteran off-road community and I'm sorry. If you are ever at an off-road track again and need help. Seek myself or another sponsored driver, we are not sponsored to just win, but to help out and be someone people look up to so next time you are buying that kit. You think of the guy that helped you out. This goes for anyone reading this post.

The thing to understand is some of us post because many talk about it or don't have accounts here.

The point is bill has done it before. And without even asking if it were successfully, he broke his back trying to please 2 different groups. YouTube hobbyplex. There you will find a video from the 23rd. I'be some mixed reviews but I think Alex did a good job. It has an oval but it is a nice off-road layout too.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
Dude, you are still missing it. You seem angry at the veteran off-road community and I'm sorry. If you are ever at an off-road track again and need help. Seek myself or another sponsored driver, we are not sponsored to just win, but to help out and be someone people look up to so next time you are buying that kit. You think of the guy that helped you out. This goes for anyone reading this post.

The thing to understand is some of us post because many talk about it or don't have accounts here.

The point is bill has done it before. And without even asking if it were successfully, he broke his back trying to please 2 different groups. YouTube hobbyplex. There you will find a video from the 23rd. I'be some mixed reviews but I think Alex did a good job. It has an oval but it is a nice off-road layout too.
I couldn't even understand the language he was writing. wow.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dutch Man
I am pumped about the oval at shawnee I race off road and oval I have had my own track before takes a lot of work to do either of these but you have to maximize both to keep the doors open bill has done an extreme amount of work and cash out of his pocket to make this work I hate see others try to run down what bill has done to this point he is focused on new racers not old ones with stupid opinions on how to run a raceway . I would say if you feel bill is screwing it all up buy him out and show us all how to build the greatest 12 second lap off road track ever and race one night a week and pay all the bills
Your track you "had" stood the test of time didn't it? What's wrong with 12 second laps? Lap times are what they are, there is no set goal. Shawnee isn't that big, 17-19 sec laps should be about right for most layouts. Bill posted "buy me out", I said how much, no response. lol
Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

We need to support having a track in Johnson County. The program at Checkered Flag suceeds due the atmosphere at trackside as much as the racing. Bill can make both work. A Indy style square oval with a good sized infield area for an offroad track that uses part of the oval can work. We all have to give it a chance. The last time Bill tried oval, some of the offroaders came out during the oval races and make some disparring remarks about oval. Offroaders I ask you this. How did that help to grow offroad among oval guys? Last year when I tried oval and had a crash, I heard a comment about "offroaders"!
We all need to realize that we need oval, offroad, onroad, drifters, and even crawlers. Bill has talked abut landscapping the frontage to allow for a casual rock crawling. We need to work togather or we will fail seperately.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by Vegatron75; 08-29-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Flynrace rc
We need to support having a track in Johnson County. The program at Checkered Flag suceeds due the atmosphere at trackside as much as the racing. Bill can make both work. A Indy style square oval with a good sized infield area for an offroad track that uses part of the oval can work. We all have to give it a chance. The last time Bill tried oval, some of the offroaders came out during the oval races and make some disparring remarks about oval. Offroaders I ask you this. How did that help to grow offroad among oval guys? Last year when I tried oval and had a crash, I heard a comment about "offroaders"!
We all need to realize that we need oval, offroad, onroad, drifters, and even crawlers. Bill has talked abut landscapping the frontage to allow for a casual rock crawling. We need to work togather or we will fail seperately.
I got that a time are two when i was running oval there. They had to say something about the oval. What's up with that ? lol These are rc's and most of us use the same parts and it's not about how we use them.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico

think u r missin it dude
not angry just dissapponted that instead of coming on here and expressing excitment, congrates, positive renforcement for the exspansion a few guys who rarely race here(and prob got the kits and parts givin to the for sponsor ship) start negitve drama and threatin not race here or buy parts here once agian possible scaring of new racers. u have been pollitic from day one that oval and offroad in one cant work but then point out that it works in omaha. so do u think it can be done or not.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCmayor
I couldn't even understand the language he was writing. wow.
sorry ur keyboard ninja skills r so much more mightier than mine dam is there anything u dont criticize u r a fastlane fan but had to tho the carpet dig in there. bet if a lady offerd u a free hummer u criticize her some much she would bite it off a bad hummer is better that no hummer and any rc track in the area is better than no rc track at all by the way rc major is the prefect name for u cuz just like all politicians u point blame , complain and criticize but never do anything to help just make stuff worse.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supachz
think u r missin it dude
not angry just dissapponted that instead of coming on here and expressing excitment, congrates, positive renforcement for the exspansion a few guys who rarely race here(and prob got the kits and parts givin to the for sponsor ship) start negitve drama and threatin not race here or buy parts here once agian possible scaring of new racers. u have been pollitic from day one that oval and offroad in one cant work but then point out that it works in omaha. so do u think it can be done or not.
It typically doesn't and hasn't worked. Omaha is huge! Enid was huge but still had it separate. I'm being objective. I think bill and I have worked out any differences this is his investment. So I will go up and race and be objective. If I have suggestions they will be directed as a pm to him. So that said I hope it does work. He has pulled in a great group of new racers and has done a great job with the current situation. I plan on racing both Shawnee and fastlane and maybe some Topeka. I know there are many that really want the off-road to be cool. So we are pulling for you bill!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vegatron75
I remember speaking with you everytime I saw you, I don't consider myself one of the " old cool-as-heck off road guys, but I did what I normally do, which is initiate conversation.

If the oval/offroad combo is the way to go, Why is it not in place? Why has it been in place before and then removed? If it's the way to go, then is the current layout not the way to go? It's been solely offroad for sometime now, So it's been wrong for months now?

I'm assuming all the "flow" comments are directed towards me. That's fine, I'm ok being that guy, I guess. Kinda funny that enjoying a track that's fairly easy to run would somehow turn into a way to give me a hard time.

BTW, Jerm said he had a good time practicing a couple nights ago, he said the track was enjoyable for sure. I'll have to make it up there soon, hopefully I dont' get lynched....... Signing out for now....

Marc "THE FLOW" Moody
u r right marc u did initiate conversion with me the time i tryin offroad but u where tryin to sell me a blitz lol the oval was barely give a chance for last time he raced one weekend and maybe a couple tuesdays then a wed. then tuesday agian the saturday had a decent crowd even had guys from topeka come up plus it was in the summer and we all know indoor rc has low summer turn outs i think now he has the build and more space so he is givin it a go agian like i said its his track and his back if oval doesnt take i am sure he will have come up will another way to add more race days ( or rent paying days) have any suggestions if not be happy for the oval becuz it is helping support the track nothing was really directed toward u maybe the gettin ur but kicked in oval lol heard alot of people bitchin about flow then the same people bitch about too much flow not enough jumps me i like to see a offroad cousre based on a full scale layout. marc we all know u r scared of oval all those 2wd classes and no 4wheelers lol
Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Don't even start with the oval drivers being better than offroad drivers stuff. lol
Old 08-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Don't even start with the oval drivers being better than offroad drivers stuff. lol
I say it more on what you like running it don't mater what it is as long that you are having fun.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I am going to step into this conversation and say I know nobody wants Bill and I to fail. I really think everybody is pulling for us, I also can say I know David A personally and he like many racers that have come to the track have helped anyone with a question or problem. From the start I have have been suprised at rc racers stepping up to help beginners, novices just about anybody with a problem. I used road race, I still build models and race slot cars and I can say that for the most part nobody goes out of their way to help.
Having said this I am actually excited about the oval coming in and my store getting larger. If I did not think that both tracks could work together you would hear Bill and I having knock down, drag out argument. I hope all can come out and play. As for the some of the unkind words that some of the oval guys have heard from the offroad guys I am sorry. People say things at times without thinking. In the end these are toys and this about having fun.
I hope I have not offended anybody, thanks. Rene'
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Your track you "had" stood the test of time didn't it? What's wrong with 12 second laps? Lap times are what they are, there is no set goal. Shawnee isn't that big, 17-19 sec laps should be about right for most layouts. Bill posted "buy me out", I said how much, no response. lol
How come it is when it comes to runin your mouth you do it behind a keyboard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.