Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th >

Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th

Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post the schedule for the Slash racing at the new Dodge City Raceway Park R/C Track at the Traxxas TORC Event:

Friday April 12th:

1:00PM to 7:30PM - Open track

Saturday April 13th:

10:00AM - Open track

11:30AM - Drivers Meeting

12:00PM - 1st Round of qualifying begins

5:45PM - Pro Drivers R/C Challenge

2 Rounds of 5 minute qualifying and the Mains

2 Driver bump-ups from all lower Mains

Awards for top 3 in all classes

Off Road Classes:

1) Sportsman - Beginner/Youth class (Stock 2WD or 4WD)

2) PRO-Light - Stock Slash (2WD)

3) PRO-2 - Mod. Slash (2WD)

4) PRO-4 - Mod. Slash (4WD)

Friday practice is FREE

Race fees are $10.00 for 1st class, $5.00 for any additional classes

Note race fees do NOT include admission to TORC Race!

Admission to TORC Race is $20.00 per night (Pit pass included!)

This is my 5th year running these TORC R/C Races and my main focus is to promote RC racing to a new crowd and hopefully get some new people into R/C Racing. I run a very relaxed racing program and try to cater to both experienced racers and new racers giving it a try for the first time. Friday evening if there's enough racers willing, we may setup a race or two to have some fun and put on a good show for the crowd before the night show starts. The schedule for the night show both nights:

Friday & Saturday TORC Race Schedule:

6:45pm PRO Driver Introductions
TRAXXAS PRO Light Race
TRAXXAS R/C Demonstration on Track
AMSOIL PRO 2WD Race
Red Bull PRO 4X4 Race

I hope we get a good turn out for this race and can look forward to making Dodge City a regular stop on the Traxxas TORC schedule!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Are there any restrictions or rules for the beginner class? I have a 5 year old & an 8 year old that would love to race but we dont have the parts we need to make the slashes completely stock. They both have brushless set ups in them.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey V10, Sorry it took me so long to answer your question but I just got back from Dodge City last night. For the beginner/ sportsman class it is a Mod class, your cars will be fine. I had a good time in Dodge City and really like the facility at Raceway Park. After talking with the facilities manager there and checking out the facility, I built a pretty decent sized Off-Road Track AND we laid the base down for a dirt oval! I will be flying back out on Weds night and finishing things up on thursday and Friday. I look forward to seeing you then. I never posted pics on here, I'm going to give it a try and hope it works!
Attached Thumbnails Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th-torc-dodge-city-016.jpg   Slash Racing at Dodge City Raceway TORC Race April 12th & 13th-torc-dodge-city-020.jpg