Wiki Posts
Search

2013 D&M On-Road Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool sorry

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Tony, I understand you vacating this thread. I would have done the same. I however would like to thank you for your input and the valuable suggestions. It appears that many of us are excited about running UF1. Unfortunately some people that have expressed no interest in running F1 at all need to chip into the discussion as well.

Topeka, good job at hosing a helpful person that had nothing but good intentions.

I'm out too.
hey guys i was just askin a ?. ya'll dont have to leave or be out of any thing. how about we put cars on the track and have fun. love ya'll
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

When will the rules stop? Next we would discuss that all TCs would have to be new xrays or tc6 worlds editions in order to compete. Was just saying "let's go put our cars on the track and race". A vast majority of us aren't sponsored, and never will be. Rules just cut down on the number of people who will participate, plain and simple. I am running somebody else's F103 this year. (THANKS POSTAL DAVE!!!!!) Just trying to get a handle on costs. Any changes to USGT I should know about?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Interesting WGT spec car....
http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr1510.html
Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TPhalen all your information is awesome and very helpful. this class is going to be growing I'm sure and it DOES need rules and guidelines. Rules are good peoples. they help keep everyone on the same playing field. so to speak. just because he lives in Cali there's no reason he can't help us (you racers set up some sort of guidelines for the F1 class.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogershobby
When will the rules stop? Next we would discuss that all TCs would have to be new xrays or tc6 worlds editions in order to compete. Was just saying "let's go put our cars on the track and race". A vast majority of us aren't sponsored, and never will be. Rules just cut down on the number of people who will participate, plain and simple. I am running somebody else's F103 this year. (THANKS POSTAL DAVE!!!!!) Just trying to get a handle on costs. Any changes to USGT I should know about?

Originally Posted by elvisdaddydawg
hey guys i was just askin a ?. ya'll dont have to leave or be out of any thing. how about we put cars on the track and have fun. love ya'll
When the rules stop, is when we will ALL be force to race at En-tire. Roge please dont chime in on something you know nothing about. We need rules to race. If you cant handle that than please stick to the Lawrence Oval thread.

Have you guys even read this thread?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Question, is there really a need for more than one TC class with all the other proposed classes. So far we have novice, VTA, USGT, UF1, open gear box and perhaps WGT. Something has to give or we're down to two qualifers which nobody really wants.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Were only adding 1-2 more classes to last seasons schedule. so i'm hoping it'll still fly by pretty quick. maybe 15 minutes more per round. Brett is pretty efficent with keeping the race program flowing along.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

I was just saying that the F1 class seemed fine the way it was. I was ready for it this season, but now I'm out. Guess I'm just racing USGT, unless I have to buy a different motor or ESC, then I'm out completely.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

I am embarrassed for TPhalen and for my local club at this point.

We are entertaining the thought of changing our F1 race format, "a little" at that, to a new and exciting UF1 format which none of us know much about. And who better than Tony himself taking the time to answer FAQs?

Tony thanks for taking the time. As a Race Director, I certainly appreciate the help. I'd expect a few PMs from a few of us soon.

Roger - "When will the rules stop?" .. They don't.
"A vast majority of us aren't sponsored, and never will be." .. This does not need to be said. We know.
I know what your getting at. The $. But this UF1 idea doesn't require you to spend any more $ on other than what you already run with rubber tires. Read the rules.

Jeff - "but i would like to know why someone in california is dictating what we are doin in ks. im just askin." .. I really wished you would've read back a page or 2 before saying this.
"i just go fast have fun and not be ruled to death." .. Please don't instigate.

No rules are set until Feb. 17th. Make sure your there if you want your vote to count.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by theDover; 01-31-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

For those interested in racing WGT this season....would you prefer to run a spec WGT tire or racers choice? Any thoughts about trying this in blinky. Most tracks stateside run these cars in blinky is the reason I ask. Lets talk about this now before the meeting so we're all on the same page.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
For those interested in racing WGT this season....would you prefer to run a spec WGT tire or racers choice? Any thoughts about trying this in blinky. Most tracks stateside run these cars in blinky is the reason I ask. Lets talk about this now before the meeting so we're all on the same page.
im ok with a spec tire and blinky... my one request is 2S packs... other than that ill run whatever everyone wants.. ive already got the car just waiting on electronics.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

I guess my "when will the rules stop" statement was too broad, When we started USGT, we knew what we had to have. When we started F1, it was basically a stock class. Now we have special tires, and are going to decide on special qualifiers and extended mains, as well as finding a "team mate" for the constructor's championship, complete with "identical" paint jobs. As most people know, I didn't get to race last year. It's just a little frustrating to think you're ready for one class, and you're not even close. MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES TO THOSE I HAVE OFFENDED. It was by no means intentional. Did not know UF1 even existed until a week ago.

Last edited by Rogershobby; 01-31-2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: various spelling errors.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rogershobby
I guess my "when will the rules stop" statement was too broad, When we started USGT, we knew what we had to have. When we started F1, it was basically a stock class. Now we have special tires, and are going to decide on special qualifiers and extended mains, as well as finding a "team mate" for the constructor's championship, complete with "identical" paint jobs. As most people know, I didn't get to race last year. It's just a little frustrating to think you're ready for one class, and you're not even close. MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES TO THOSE I HAVE OFFENDED. It was by no means intentional. Did not know UF1 even existed until a week ago.
You are close.

- The race format (qualifiers and mains) should not affect anything you were planning on driving.

- You don't have to compete in the constructors championship, this would be optional.

- All you need is a set of rubber tires which is cheaper than running foams. There is nothing "special" about these tires. If you would have been smart you could have used the experience of Tony Phalen to buy the right (or close) combination. Also, over the length of a season rubber tires will be cheaper than foams. Last, I imagine that nobody is going to stop you from driving with foams, you just would not acquire points in the series.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DHooter
im ok with a spec tire and blinky... my one request is 2S packs... other than that ill run whatever everyone wants.. ive already got the car just waiting on electronics.
The biggest problem with going 2S is that many WGT cars are designed to run a 1S battery only and will not except a 2S pack. 1S is the standard for WGT. One battery is about the same cost as a set of tires...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved

Which car did you chosse......I'm leaning towards a CRC car myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.