Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
2013 Venom Offroad JAM hosted by Fastlane Raceway >

2013 Venom Offroad JAM hosted by Fastlane Raceway

2013 Venom Offroad JAM hosted by Fastlane Raceway

Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Yo Dave Alberico how can you be late to a race with that Roush Mustang!!?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree, just need to play with the seeding.Maybe invert the order or purley random, not sure. Inverting the order would sure make it fun for specators.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

All of the starts kicked ass. I think I am good starter/bad finisher, but running 4 classes gave me plenty of time to get a good one and keep it. It was never qualifying, it was 16 races in 2 days!

Qualfying problems/errors/miscommunications/etc..... whatever - it was all good.

Now about being mis-marshalled 3x in less than 5 seconds out of the lead - I want my money back! HAHAHAHAHA!

And to the guy that my arms was in the way of for a short second at that crucial point - SORRY!

LOL Good times!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AleXXX-CR
Yo Dave Alberico how can you be late to a race with that Roush Mustang!!?
I thought I had no chance it was 11 and I was still tryibg to get systems up. Then I saw the break on liverc. I sprinted down...buck 25 between that bass pro and woods chapel then that slow 25 moh construction..... the main started while I was at the light...so close but so far

Rod is right, I hope you arnt discouraged mike, I think you are on yo something exciting. The other consideration is when doing a gang start and time based qualifying the guy that starts last has handicap right off the bat, for this layout it was about 4 seconds....so a resort with an inverted start...or something...just thinking out loud...friendly suggestion.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

If people didn't hack to pass going to the line at the buzzer the starts would have been prettier. Who's' fault was that? Wasn't Mike's.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

More videos-

4 Wheel Drive Short Course A-Main:
http://youtu.be/qPHY302IlQU

2 Wheel Drive Short Course A-Main;
http://youtu.be/zy-Gdlgi8DI

17.5 Stock Buggy A-Main:
http://youtu.be/59bY9KCPVbM

Mod Truck A-Main:
http://youtu.be/wa8RlFGIEMQ

Last edited by kc_nitro_rc; 01-31-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Punt to pass there pit daddy...get it right! LOL
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the videos! I wanted to count the guiltless hacks in the 4 wheel mod sc race lol.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FullerBoysR/C
I agree, just need to play with the seeding.Maybe invert the order or purley random, not sure. Inverting the order would sure make it fun for specators.
Or just stick with what works and is the fairest way IFMAR Qualifying. The other way may sound fun. But it's more work for the Race Director and will always make someone mad. just my .00002
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Why are people pointing a finger at the way the race was ran? Clearly anyone could see it was the hacks going into the first two turns that had everyone upset.

I hated it just as much as anyone else. So I decided to look at it differently. For me it was just "practice" for the first lap of my main.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenshu
Or just stick with what works and is the fairest way IFMAR Qualifying. The other way may sound fun. But it's more work for the Race Director and will always make someone mad. just my .00002
+1 Just my .0000002
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kc_nitro_rc
Why are people pointing a finger at the way the race was ran? Clearly anyone could see it was the hacks going into the first two turns that had everyone upset.

I hated it just as much as anyone else. So I decided to look at it differently. For me it was just "practice" for the first lap of my main.
I agree with you that without any hacking we wouldn't have any of these problems and by no way is that the race director's fault. Furthermore I didn't accuse anyone of being inconsistent with the restarts but the way it was as long as a wreck happened before the first corner then it was restarted but if there was a pileup in the second then it was all good. I think he was consistent with how he did this and I didn't feel like I was picked on I just personally think that unless the start is horrible then it should stand because like you pointed out the first lap is a crap shoot for the most part anyways. These are just my opinions and I just hadn't ever seen this many restarts before. As for the heads up qualifying thing I think the idea is great when you are dealing with nothing but top notch drivers like in an invitational class. But IMHO I just don't think it works for all classes. I felt in the lower classes it led to a lot more agressive driving and(hacking). About my $85 comment I was just stressing that these weekends are expensive by the time that you get entry fee, hotel, gas, food etc..... Just not sure the level of fun versus the level of frustration was worth it for me but then again it sure beat working....lol All said I knew that this wasn't going to be a standard format race so I am not mad(maybe a little disappointed) and I believe Mike did his absolute best with the format just hope this isn't the format of the future.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i say some one comes up with the hack stopper. if you hack a guy the next lap by the score booth, race director #2 has a golf club looking shoe that he swings at the offender and he has to start his new lap from where ever he lands.

new meaning to the word PUNTED!!!!

i vote myself to be RD #2
Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

FFFOOOUUURRRRRRRRR ... as Clown would say ... LMFAO

angrybirds
h@rsepu$$y

nanananananananananana