Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Street Racing!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am lookiing into some timing systems to see what could be gotten for a reasonable price. Even if it was a simple system that would work until enough interest was gained to make it worth my while to get a top notch setup.

Keep the idea's coming!

Later,Randy
Old 01-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Randy, this might help... if you've seen it already.. sorry
Timing System
Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Boogyman that looks great I just dont know if it would work on the scale we need? Take a look at some of these pics, the drag setup they have is very short.

http://www.infoserve.net/oss/slotcar/drag/dragpic.htm

But that setup is exactly what we need. we just need to find out if it would work on the scale we need. Heck I even have an old laptop that could run that program. I think this "Street Racing" Idea is great and we should really try and get this moving. I have a few parking lots in mind that are VERYYYYYYYYY well lite at night and are huge and smooth. I also have connections with the people that own the parking lots and might be able to get the GO ahead. Keep the ideas rolling in.

Chris R
Old 01-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

If we can get somethin goin, let's not do this on a day any of the tracks race on, lets use it to try to promote the R/C hobby, get more peeps involved in racing, and just have fun doin it!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

If we can get somethin goin, let's not do this on a day any of the tracks race on, lets use it to try to promote the R/C hobby, get more peeps involved in racing, and just have fun doin it!
I agree with you 100% and I think this would just be another great way to have FUN using RC's. I do not think the intentions of this was to try and compete with tracks or anything it has alwasy been about FUn from the start.

Chris R
Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

I here ya, it would be a blast just hangin out and havin fun!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Boogyman, and Dr feelgood, those links are of the same system. The system is trakmate, and it will work with slots, r/c or bigger, just depends on what you do with the system. I am checking it out with the guys that runs the I.E.D.A. ( international electric dragracing association) to see if it would work for our needs. I will let you know what I find out.

I definitely do not want to compete with any of the race tracks, I only want to have fun as well. Shane had talked about doing a drag strip, but there is no way he could step up and spend thousand with out the racers, but if we got some thing going you never know what could happen down the road.

Later,Randy
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds like a plan! Im ready for this I have been scoping parking lots for the past couple of nights
Old 02-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well I have done some checking and it looks like its going to take almost a 1000 bucks to get going on a drag strip. I am interested in investing this if we can get some racers interested.

So who is in, and where are we going to do it?

I would still like to get together and just do some street racin till we see if we can get a system, and place to do it.

Later,Randy
Old 02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

I probably couldnt do it every week, but I'm in! Would sunday afternoons be good? I dont think any of the tracks race on sundays, do they?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Shane and John will be running the Hobby town races this year and I asume that they will be running every other sun like last year. Maybe we could do it the opposite sun. Fastlane ran on sundays last year but I don't know if they will continue that or on Sat like we are doing now. I guess we will have to see. I want to talk to Shane about it and see what he is doing. I really think Sun would be best and only do it every other week or even once a month. That way you would get the biggest turn out.

We will have to be sure to plan around our pulling schedule!

I talked to the guys at trackmate and his system sounds pretty cool, and has lots of features. And the best priced.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Checkered Flag Races on Sundays. We should have the schedule for the 2005 season by the end of the week.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Tim, I forgot you ran on sundays too. I sure there is no way to get around everybodys schedule. I, like you, just want to do this for fun. I have always liked drag racing and figure the only way its going to get here, is do it myself.

The cool thing about drag racing is if you set up brackets you can run any r/c car, its all about consistancy not being the fastest, so you ccan race anything you got. Even the Walmart stuff.

Later,Randy
Old 02-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Not a problem. We won't be running every Sunday.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Well I have done some checking and it looks like its going to take almost a 1000 bucks to get going on a drag strip. I am interested in investing this if we can get some racers interested.

Randy, I am in 100% I also have another buddy that is in also. He is just not a memeber of the board YET. I also think That I have found the perfect place for this. Its a new industrial complex located at on 87th and renner. This place is huge the lighting is great. there are NO houses around so we will not have to worry about noise. The parking lot is surface is new, very smooth with not many curbs or islands to worry about. Me and a couple of buddies have been racing in this lot for some time now with no problems.
I agree that we might need to set up a meeting to try and get this Rolling. Let me know

Chris R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.