Wiki Posts
Search

Quinton needs our support

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Quinton needs our support

Many of you may know Quinton Dodds(Quinton)from here on the forums.Last tuesday his baby daughter was life-flighted to Children's Mercy Hospital here in Kansas City with a respiratory ailment and is in the pediatric intensive care unit there now.I'm sure all of our thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated by him and his family.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

My household will certainly keep his family in our prayers. God has worked miracles in our lives.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

I know how you fell I had my son in for about a week when he was only 3 mo. old. My family wil be pulling for you as well as everyone else on this tech forum.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

From all of us here at Fastlane we wish you and your family all of God's magic. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we wish you the best.

Shane, Randy, Scott
Old 09-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for posting this DrOlds and thank you for coming up to the hospital to pay your respects.
Now for the bad news.

My new 2 month old daughter (Autumn Faith) has passed on yesterday. She stopped breathing last Tuesday at daycare and was then flown to Children's Mercy in KC. We were VERY optimistic throughout the whole process until the past couple of days. It felt like she wasn't there anymore. All the Dr's were certain her options were vegetative or death from the beginning but we held strong and thought we could see her through.
We felt her spirit had left her a couple nights back when my wife was holding her and they fell asleep together.

She is no longer with us. We have a tough road ahead of us. Somehow we will make it through this. We are turning to God to try and figure this one out.
It's so unreal and so unfair. It took us many years to finally get pregnant and we love her more than anyone could, but somehow God needed her more. Why did he have to take our baby from such a loving family? Why couldn't he have taken a baby that parents do not want? He must of needed someone very special for a certain role that needed to be filled. That's the only thing I can think that keeps me sane. I wish NONE of you ever have to go through such a tragedy and life changing decisions. I am hurting, I'm sure my wife is hurting much more than I am, and our parents have to be hurting for Autumn and us.
I do not mean to "rock the boat" on religion. I don't care what religion you are. We all are human and never want to see our babies die.

Thank you all for your support.

Quinton, Daria and Autumn

We miss her so
Old 09-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

My thoughts and prayers are with you Quinton........
Old 09-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris K
My thoughts and prayers are with you Quinton........
I am sorry for your loss...goes to show how precious life is...
Old 09-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

My condolences to the family. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways. Dont give up hope. We all share your loss. - John.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. My wife and I lost our 14 month old son Aaron Jan.4, 1982. It by far was the hardest thing we have ever had to go through. There is not a day that goes by that we don't think about him. The best advice we can give you and your family is to talk about it, don't hold your feelings inside. Feel free to email me and I will talk to you if you need to talk to someone that has been through this.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Thank you very much pitstop.
That's what we're doing; talking about her with freinds and family and strangers and on sites like this and thru email. I've always been the type of person to hold in my feelings while growing up but over the past 6-7 yrs I've gotten much better at it.
Talking about her and the past couple of weeks is my therapy. We miss her so much but we think heaven was always her home. It's just so hard to remember that when you miss cuddling her and that makes me want to beat the **** out of everything.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trust me I know what your going through. Just remember that you and your wife have to be there for each other more now then ever. You both will have tear filled nights trying to figure out why this happened. Just stay strong. When God is ready you will know why this happened.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

I dont know what else to say so I'll just keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 09-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

So sorry for your loss. It's a long road ahead for you, so we will keep you in our prayers. She certainly was precious. Thank you for posting the pictures. I am glad that you are looking to God in these times of tragedy. He will show you His purpose for your daughter in due time I am sure. In the mean time stay strong and God Bless you both.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Quinton sorry to hear the news our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family keep your head up things will work out i know easyer said than done. anyhow all our prayers and thought are with you the hutch guys