Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
The official MMRCC in Jefferson City thread >

The official MMRCC in Jefferson City thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The official MMRCC in Jefferson City thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default The official MMRCC in Jefferson City thread

ok folks here it is. I will try to get updates on racing and such.

Weekly Race Agenda
Practice: 9:00-11:00
Driver's Meeting: 11:45
Racing Starts: 12:00

Last edited by Schmitty; 05-06-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What classes do you guys run at the Barn on Saturdays?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

The Barn has its own program. we just use his building when its raining. I know they run slash, 19t truck, a couple different oval classes, and they are now doing E-1/8th stuff.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I saw the video of the slash class on youtube, is that the same layout in the barn?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

im not sure speedy. they change it quite often.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Hey Speedy...

I guess they just changed the layout for last weeks race... I know none of us have gotten to see it yet though.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Well......they ran indoors this last weekend and guess what.......2 people showed up.

Is there any reason why no one wants to race in Jeff City?

I know that this last weekend had the rc pro series race but whats the reason for all the other weekends?

We need to know why or what needs to be done to fix it or other actions may need to be taken.

Any advice??????
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Schmitty
Well......they ran indoors this last weekend and guess what.......2 people showed up.

Is there any reason why no one wants to race in Jeff City?

I know that this last weekend had the rc pro series race but whats the reason for all the other weekends?

We need to know why or what needs to be done to fix it or other actions may need to be taken.

Any advice??????

I was going to try to make it up there to the Barn on Saturday night. I called Mid Mo hobby shop just to ask them if they knew anything about the track. They told me to run 19 turn truck I needed a 13.5 motor. I have two 10.5's but no 13.5. IMO you don't put a motor limit on an expert class. 13.5 is pretty much useless to me at any other track so I can't justify buying one to come race at a track once in awhile. Me and a buddy both pulled out from going at the last minute when we found about the motor rule. I think if you guys stay active on these forums you will find your turnout improves over time. Also there is no info on what classes are run. I was looking at the results from the barn... What is mod slash? I go the website and the only thing they are talking about is spec slash. Just seems like everything is some sort of mystery with that track.

Last edited by Mike Marshall; 05-05-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Again.....we are wondering about the OUTDOOR track. Mike at the barn has his own program, we just use his building when it rains.

So....we need advice about the outdoor gas track.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Getting the word out can be hard to do. I had heard about the outdoor track but didn't know when and where it was for sure. Just happened to look over on my way to Columbia and saw the track. Living in Branson it would be difficult for me to drive 2 1/2 hrs not knowing if there would be enough to race or not. I've done that before and its not fun. Plus you have an indoor track racing the night before in the same area. Thats going to keep the locals split. This website is a good place to promote your track since thousands check it daily. Your personal website is fine but I'm not sure other than the club members you'll get much traffic checking out your track. Its a good area to draw from with Columbia just up the rode and Rolla not too far.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ive heard this is a nice track!! but i think the first thing u godda look at is..if you cant get a turn out from your own city,then thats a problem imo!!! i mean if us here in st louis thru reading on here about your weekly turns outs for instance that you had like 40 entrys and u guys kept posting on here about how fun it was this and that people would prolly start paying more attention and would make there way up there!! bottom line is u godda have a nice turn out from your own area for others to start joining in...and using your own website doesnt work we know that from ours lol....i would try and promote sundays also because collinsville only runs every other sunday and it would be nice to have another track to run on that day!!! friday would be a no no imo for sure!!! hope u guys get on track.. i have a bunch of guys that would love to run!! so get active on here and in your own area!!! its like any other sport if u cant support it locally with turn out it will be hard to get from the outter area's....
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Schmitty
Again.....we are wondering about the OUTDOOR track. Mike at the barn has his own program, we just use his building when it rains.

So....we need advice about the outdoor gas track.

You said they ran indoors this last weekend. I guess your wording is confusing to me. I understand its two different deals, but I don't think any nitro guys are going to drive all the way up there to run on a 10th scale oval/offroad track indoors. Anyway just my opinion.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

So where are your normall racers from??? I heard you had a good size turnout for your opener. Have you had another race since then? It may have been everyone had cabin fever and was ancy to race, and your track was the first around to start off the outdoor racing. Maybe its just a rain thing and your locals dont want to run in the barn. Talk with your locals and find out whats keeping them away. If its just too much running every weekend, then maybe run every other sunday. Its a real shame whats happening to you guys, you have everything a club needs to have good racing. If the weather holds off this sunday, you should get a # of racers from the east side of the state, DB's is rebuilding, and its Collinsville's week off(plus they pissed every1 off this past Sun), so no nitro race around STL. If the work schedule goes according to plan, we should be done Sat. I'll go out on Sunday and bring some friends. If its gonna rain and you're running at the barn, I wont make that trip, for reason stated by Mike above.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

How about a head count on who would be willing to go Sunday?

I am in.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You asked for opinions. I know they run indoor on their own program. Thats the point. They run sat. night in a controlled inviroment every week with oval and offroad. Pretty steady thing here. You run outdoor on sun. when weather permits. I guess somewhere you post whether your racing that day or not but if your not from your area nobody else is going to know that. Your local crew sounds like their geared for elec. instead of gas. You've got a great looking track for either so I don't know what to tell you other than maybe two is too many running that close together. Maybe now that the weather is getting warmer you could have a trophy race for the top 3 in each class. Show people how good a track and program you run and they'll come back. Just so you'll know I asked in the hobby shop in Columbia about tracks and yours was mentioned but they didn't know anything about when and where it ran.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.