St. Louis Dirt Burners

Old 03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

What is the start time for the opener? Noon, i assume? Also will you guys post here if the race gets cancelled?
Old 03-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

last time I was at a local hobby shop nitro was going for $30-$40 depending on percentage and brand.

We will probably be shooting for a noon start to get most of the racing under sunlight. With this spring weather its gonna be getting cold after sunset. As far as any updates with whats going on with the race schedule I'll definetely let anyone know here with whats going on. Actually now would be a good time to give any who are unaware or are going to be new racers at DBs a update on whats going on. This year is going to be a transition year at DB's with many club members taking on new roles. We are very much a club run and maintained by the participation of the racers. The website is changing hands and is why its been dorment for this start of the season. As you can see by the front page its gonna be in good hands w/ the new webmaster. Its all volunteer work so its up and running and is going to take time to get rollin. For the past week a group of us have been constructing the ADA wheelchair ramp behind the drivers stand. Its a massive project (makes the drivers stand look small) thats required by the city to be done for this year, but with the time voluntered by all involved its 80% done. (we have a great section of covered pits now) The track was rebuilt in time before this winter storm opened up on us so now its all up to how much rain falls and when it stops. There is still alot of work to do to get everything finished for the start of the season but a bunch of racers have already put in some long days to get us as close as mother nature will let us. But once its all done its gonna be a very kikazz racing season for all who want to join in on the fun.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I believe part of the issue with nitro fuel prices last year was that the Olympics in China forced a lot of manufactoring to stop in order to clean up the air quality in time for the games. I was told that most nitro is made in China and thus the hobby grade stuff took a hit from lack of supply. Hopefully this year prices will be more reasonable since the olympics is over. I buy my fuel from Mark Twain and believe they had some of the better prices last year. I use Trinity Monster 20% and it was still around $21/gallon last summer. Not sure what the price is this year.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

So its a noon start time, what time is the track open for practice? 8 am? Also since this is a "charity" race, what will the fees be for this race? I am asking all of this because I live about 2 hrs away and want to know what time to hit the road. Looking forward to racing this saturday.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Schmitty View Post
So its a noon start time, what time is the track open for practice? 8 am? Also since this is a "charity" race, what will the fees be for this race? I am asking all of this because I live about 2 hrs away and want to know what time to hit the road. Looking forward to racing this saturday.
The track is open in a public park, so anytime after sunrise you can get out there and turn laps. We will have the computer going by 9am to start getting drivers registered and calling lap times. Since its the first race on a new layout it should be a busy morning.
Race fees will be the normal club racing fees:
NonMembers $20 for first car, $5 each additional car. Members are $15 first car, additional cars are free. Annual memberships are $50.
All racers will be getting a commemorative T-shirt for this race.

Looking forward to having you MidMo guys out here. There is already a half dozen guys talking about going out to run at Jeff City.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

we'd be glad to have you guys down. I think from the previous posts they are talking about the weekend after the opener at DB. Cant wait to come up and race with you guys. C'MON SATURDAY!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

PRAY FOR NO CRAPPY WET WEATHER THIS WEEK.

"i have a feva,
and the only cure is more nitro."
Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Not sure how the weather will be but I'm looking foward to racing in jeff soon and glad some of u guys will be coming to db,a

Hate dogg! So if weather permitts u running gas Saturday and no electric?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

I am ready to go race and have some fun!!!! Ah the smell of nitro! Saturday here yet?

How bout now?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I think the weather is actually going to cooperate! Looks like it is going to rain on Tuesday and Thursday, but that shouldnt be a problem as long as it get drained properly (the track actually needs water after the rebuild). The forecast for Saturday is partly sunny and 70!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

well well its monday rise and shine all u cupcakes dying to burn some nitro this weekend... Its not looking to promising imo on the weather but ya never know.. i cant help but wonder if there will be a race or not,I am looking foward to busting out the Mp9 for its virgin run,well for its first race i do have one whole practice day on it which isnt much time to get used to the car,but oh well there is a whole season ahead...the good thing for me is that i race this weekend no matter what because i run indoor electric which is really growing on me and i feeling like im getting better and better each weeek its a whole different beast but very addicting.. and actually cant wait till next year also....but anyways cross your fingers on the weather and get all your chit charged up u got a whole week boys!!! i dont wanna hear no this weekend
Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default Race class?

Does Dirtburners have a novice class for 1/8 scale Buggy? Also...is there a good turn out for Truggy class?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sugelle View Post
Does Dirtburners have a novice class for 1/8 scale Buggy? Also...is there a good turn out for Truggy class?
they have expert and sportsman for buggy,they run only one class for truggy and there is usually a decent turnout for truggy
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

If weather is decent Nate and I are runnin nitro instead of electric, with my new trailer. I'm praying no rain!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminMatty View Post
If weather is decent Nate and I are runnin nitro instead of electric, with my new trailer. I'm praying no rain!
Same trailer that you had Saturday at Smac, Behind your B4

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.