Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis >

Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor Carpet Racing in St Louis

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
DJ,
take a deep breath and step away from the pc!

LOL @ Trevor, Thanks man I needed that!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by djnsayne
First of all, I am not the track director. Secondly after reading some of your other posts it is clear that you are the kind of person that lives for internet arguments and it was my fault for being suckered into stooping to your level. To anyone that may have taken offense at what I posted , I do apologize.
Just to damn funny

Last edited by frz83; 11-03-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: to many babies
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frz83
Just to damn funny
guess since that cornermarshallin thread got closed, mike needs to go somewhere to stir shit up, Zach doesnt even drive real cars, and Koran, stepping on your Nikes, thats real disrespect. This thread is entertaining.

I do have a serious ?, what is the reciever pack about from a few pages back??
Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by speedy G
guess since that cornermarshallin thread got closed, mike needs to go somewhere to stir shit up, Zach doesnt even drive real cars, and Koran, stepping on your Nikes, thats real disrespect. This thread is entertaining.

it is to power the reciever and servo and transponder.the 1 cell lipo is used for the motor only it doesnt have the power to do it all thats why you need a receiver pack.hope that helps when you running onroad E
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris81076
i think if you are one of the head guys on this onroad deal i think i would of said things a little different(If you don't like what I posted , say something to my face.
dont get me wrong im all about a good fight just ask anybody but im going to try onroad and that little comment might just make other people think different.jmo[/QUOTE]

don't worry guys i promise our track is very freindly and welcoming to all who want to come out. there has been many cases where a couple expert drivers didn't get a chance to practice b/c they were to busy trying to help a newbie out. thats what we encourage. a nice freindly and fun enviroment for everyone bottomline!!! there always will be trash talking on these open forums,and i admit i did a little myself but remember its all in fun. everytime i go to smack i gotta here from everyone,especially mike lol, but were good buddies and we have fun with it. i think this just got blown out of proportion. these forums are about 75% trash talking,joking,constructive criticism,at least thats what i think and i like it. this is a competitive hobby! could you imagine watching a football game and all the players were "high 5ing" their opponents...not really cool lol. but keep it clean thats all.

anyways so who all is practicing today?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Well Larry and myself ran our F1 cars for a couple of qualifiers. They are fast and fun. And the cost to get into them is fairly low.

Also congratulations to Drew Ellis for winning the Pro TC foam class at the Halloween Classic this past weekend. I was able to catch his main Sunday. He was 3rd on the grid but was able to hang on to win the race. They ran 10.5 motors this time and they were sure rolling. Even with the new LRP X12 that Drew was testing he said it was insanely fast!!

It is really cool that we have a multi National champ racer like Drew to help anyone that needs help or a swift kick in the rear of their car to remind you there is always someone faster
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedy G

It is amazing how fast 13.5 single cell 12 scale is now. It does not seem long ago when 12 scale was 6 cell and low turn mods to get the speed out of them. Then down to 4 cell and now single cell.

You should come out sometime Sunday to see how fast we are rolling.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I bet they are fast. I ran 4 cell last year a few times with a 19 turn and you couldn't keep tires on them. I prefer the rubber tire touring myself. Asphalt was a blast in 100 degree heat. The tires really sing in the corners.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcmark24
I prefer the rubber tire touring myself. Asphalt was a blast in 100 degree heat. The tires really sing in the corners.
Only if your setup is off

100 degree heat is a fun factor in car setup and motor tuning for sure.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey this is an on-road only thread??????????

Don't forget the track runs oval too. Besides the oval guys are way cooler than the on-road guys. We just go one way, where the on-road guys go both ways. Just look at the Shoe, he did run oval at one time, then on-road, and now runs offroad, both ways in the dirt.

Drew wins again!!!!!!!!! Great we'll have to have double doors to get his head in the room. I can still remember the young whipper snapper when he first started. He used to get beat even by Larry and Tony M. Now he wins National Championships. Maybe if you guys keep practicing 5 days a week and he gets as old as Steve you'll be able to beat a National Champ.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Cool

i have a lrp 7.5 x11 looking to trade for a 13.5or 21.5 let me know what ya got
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MK Race
Hey this is an on-road only thread??????????

Don't forget the track runs oval too. Besides the oval guys are way cooler than the on-road guys. We just go one way, where the on-road guys go both ways. Just look at the Shoe, he did run oval at one time, then on-road, and now runs offroad, both ways in the dirt.

Drew wins again!!!!!!!!! Great we'll have to have double doors to get his head in the room. I can still remember the young whipper snapper when he first started. He used to get beat even by Larry and Tony M. Now he wins National Championships. Maybe if you guys keep practicing 5 days a week and he gets as old as Steve you'll be able to beat a National Champ.
Hey! Just because I've been married longer than most of these guys have been alive does not make me old! If you're gonna pick on anyone it should be Skip. He's at least six months older them me!

We just need to make Drew run 17.5 motors and we MIGHT have a chance.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Wow guys see alot of talking on here since I have been gone some good and some not so good. OK too clear up a few thing first I will do the classes.

The classes are:

1/12- stock 17.5, 27t, 4 cell or 1 cell lipo
1/12- super stock 13.5, 1 cell lipo only
VTA- vta rules apply
1/10- touring car rubber tires 13.5 only 6 cell or 2 cell lipo. The spec tire is a Jaco Blue only.
F1- the stock silver can and foam 6 cell or 2 cell lipo

Oval
1/10- pan car, COT body only ,13.5 ,1 cell lipo only
1/10- pan car, Truck body, 17.5 ,1 cell lipo only
Losi Late model- Box stock meaning you can only change your radio
Losi Late model Pro- You can run a different pack and a 4200 Mamba brushless system, also you can change shocks to alum. Must run the same tires that come in the kit and also the body..

And with all this crap talking on here which thats what it is CRAP talking..I hope no one got a bad taste in there mouth about it..This is not what onroad is about..Glidescope raceway is a friendly place to come race, learn about your car and get faster. We have plenty of racers that are willing to go the extra mile to see that you are having fun and learning about your car and racing also. Our main goal at Glidescope raceway is to bring new and old people into racing and grow racing in the St. Louis area.And racing I mean all of racing onroad, offroad and oval. So please stop in and see for yourself what kind of place we have. You will see its racers helping racers..

Thanks Drew
Old 11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No stock sedan (17.5)?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

what's this.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.