Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Timberline Raceway 2009 Offroad Thread >

Timberline Raceway 2009 Offroad Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timberline Raceway 2009 Offroad Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hay Shaun!!!

Well, I guess the best way to describe what's going on is to say that we're all working & traveling for our real jobs... Dave is in Boise & will be back the end of this week... He's a bit under the weather but he'll make the call later in the week although nothing is planned at this moment. I'm at O'Hare right now headed back from the off road nats!! So , I guess I must be great as I could be waiting on a delayed flight!!!!

Will post as details emerge!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Chris are you going to the SCT Nats?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Mark: YGPM!!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Off Road Returns to Timberline Raceway!!

This Saturday, August 8, 2009!!!

Track opens for practice at 12:00 noon!!!!!

I'm in for Nitro Short Course and Baja!!!!!

Dave began track preparation this evening!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Another great day of racing yesterday!

Like a doofus, I forgot my camera but we got podium shots thanks to Jeff Wilson!

And, the Baja class was the biggest class with SC trucks coming in a close second!

It was HOT but fun and we took a leisurly pace and were still done early!

Next weekend is Oval - and I gave my L8ight model a bit of a trial on the unprepped, dry oval from last weekend's prep and it was GREAT!

So, if you've never run oval on a 'big 'ole track' now is your chance! I'll post more on the oval thread!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So it looks like I can actually make the next RC Pro at Timberline. I hope everything goes well leading up to aug. 22nd. How is the off-road track looking? And is the layout still pretty much the same as Chris K a while back?

does the track run clockwise or Anti-clockwise? LOL I love that term. Anti-clockwise.

thanx guys
chris

Last edited by air8; 08-11-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air8
So it looks like I can actually make the next RC Pro at Timberline. I hope everything goes well leading up to aug. 22nd. How is the off-road track looking? And is the layout still pretty much the same as Chris K a while back?

does the track run clockwise or Anti-clockwise? LOL I love that term. Anti-clockwise.

thanx guys
chris
LOL!!!!! Well, generally we run the oval 'anti-clockwise' ....... AND, we've been running the off road 'anti clockwise' too! BUT, my friend Dave always likes to change it up a bit for a big race (hopefully the KS ProSeries will be a BIG race) and honestly, your guess is as good as mine! I'm sure Dave will let us know when we need to know - probably right before practice!!!!! LOL!!!!

BUT, seriously, the off road track AND the oval track are in real good condition - Dave has purchased a magic machine - a pulverizer that works with Big Blue and it cuts his track prep time down and gives a better finished product!!! Win/Win except for the part about writing the check!

And the layout was pretty much the same as the pictures - exact as I recall BUT that doesn't mean that it will be that way for the ProSeries race - 'cause I believe that the track owner is supposed to make changes to erase any 'home track advantage' that us regular might have!

So, I guess what I'm saying is: the track will be prepped and in an off road configuration! THOSE are things that I know for sure!

Look forward to seeing you and racin' with you folks from down SW!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Good to hear buddy. As for the home advantage thing, I'm fairly certain that applies to the Regional RC Pro races. The Kansas Pro-series isn't so much of a concern. Like with the large electric races the local guys should have the advantage, as long as they aren't already sponsored.

BUT, I didn't write the rules so I might be in left field on that one. I don't think it's too big of deal to leave the track as is--especially if the condition is good.

What tires are working off-road at this time of year-crimefighters, step-pins, Komodo 2's?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Crimes are always good just about everywhere - I'd say that the new ProLine Calibers would be good too! Panther Komodos (originals & 2s) have been a traditional favorite too but honestly the Timberline off road has never been really tire sensitive - there are some new tires out that I'm sure would work well - J Concepts has several that I would like to try but I'm sorta' involved in SC and Baja at the present - although I'll probably run Truggly for the ProSeries race!

With the irrigation system, Dave can keep the track pretty wet during this HOT time of year so tire wear is not usually a concern.

You going to run buggy or truggly????
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

I'll bring both buggy and truggy. But depends on the turnout really. If it's low I'll just run buggy to allow time for wrenching and setup.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I'll bring both buggy and truggy. But depends on the turnout really. If it's low I'll just run buggy to allow time for wrenching and setup.
Sweet! Its great to hear you can make it!
I know I am going to be there, I sure hope some more E-Buggies can make it!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Chris K can you tell us more about this pulverizer? I'm interested in what it does to the dirt as far as surface prep.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Heee heee.... it's Dave's secret!

OK, truthfully, I've never seen it work!!!! Dave always has that done before I get there! BUT, you can see it around the track when you come up to race!!! Unless he hides it!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is there a schedule yet?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AcadDude
Is there a schedule yet?
I wish I could print a schedule.

I just got a project today in Vernon,California...I leave in two weeks.

I also got one in Dayton,Ohio last week.

I am bidding one in Kinston,North Carolina next week which requires me to visit.BTW it will last 16 months if I get it.

It has been a extremely rough year professionally. Please be patient with me and my real job as without it, Timberline would not exists.

Trust me as I am not complaining,with the way the economy is going.
I just celebrated my 35th year,in my bidness. I have seen recessions 4 times. This one is tough...But,appears it is almost over!!!!

Anyway Tim,
I will post 7-10 days prior to us trying to race. But if I am on the road all week and it has rained I do not have time to prep the track. (anyone know how to run a pulverizer?) I will try to hold a race every weekend I can till October 31st.
Dave Smreker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.