DODGE orange crush update

Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default DODGE orange crush update

well start by looking for a new project, found it. i got this hard body in a trade and was not sure what i was goin to do with it. saw a chassis on line said " i am gonna cut that one". so i did using 1/8" alumin plating. then i had to find some axles.Ax10 was the second choice, wanted F350 ones but ohwell. tranny was easy ax10 locked, shocks alumin piggy backs with screw downs, Wheely Kings springs. tires and wheels, the wheels i trade for aswell, the rings were pretty scrathed up so took a dye grinder with a green scotchs brite pad and cleaned them up. the wheels i left alone. the tires well i saw these on line up here for sale , bought them ran them to make sure they would work. OH YEAH they grip great.. links tapped steel and alumin 3/16 tubbing, 6/32 set screws and traxxas rod ends. the drive shaft were a no brainer, took and put brass tubing around them and painted them black. tmaxx ujionts to finish them off. WOW 12.5" Wheel Base.got to get one more coat of claer on the hugger orange pearl paint today and then make a screen grill painted black and a alumin plate bed cover , esc and receiver tray and battery tray today

chassis

MACH UP

FINAL BIULD

Old 04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looks sweeeeeeeet! keep on truckin, i mean crawlin!