Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome Bill!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Im ready for some indoor off-road. Is it fall yet?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are we racing nitro saturday?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I hope so cool said he's ready also
Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Well we racing or what??? Is it Sat. or Sun? I want to race some truggy!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to tell you.... I am so ready for indoor electric. Got a new to me, completely gone thru, hyper 10sc, and ready to rip it up... also got the assoc sc10 ready... 2wd, 4wd, i am ready. We made a trip out last friday for some practice time with the new car, but it was closed up. I think we would have been the only ones, as it was hotter than eggs on a griddle.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I agree! Wheres fall? Its the best time of the year! Fall Classic! Cant wait for fall to show up! Summer sucks!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know I'm going to open a can of worms here but since it is early enough I figured I'd bring it up. Has there been any discussion to a standard race format? I think electric or "stock" has evolved into something really different, we now have ESC's that can make BL motors look like mods and now a "stock" or "sportsman" light on some and some are approved and some are not, this just makes for a tech nightmare, or if you leave it open, my castle esc makes a stock motor look like a mod, so it begs the question why have a stock class, plus I think guys like myself, shouldn't be in any stock class, and if that's the case then you are sitting around all day saturday, and then the rush begins sunday because many have a long drive home, and Sunday is still late no matter how fast you try to run things. I know last year (and I know I wasn't the only one) I could barely keep batteries charged or even fix a broken car before the next round.

I think there are a lot of ideas out there to maybe keep the spirit of stock/sportsman one day and mod another, maybe cut mod qualifying down and run the sportsman mains Saturday night, I don't know, just a suggestion, I've been to many races, and normally saturday is a long racing day, but makes for a shorter Sunday, and a better drive home. I know the current format might make a little more money for the track, so I wouldn't be opposed to a higher entry fee. And I might be the only one, if so, please excuse my post, but I hope that there is maybe some discussion on a different or modified race program for the fall classic.

Again, please don't take this as griping or complaining, I love the track, I love racing with the guys in hutch, and I'm there no matter what.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Couple additional questions,

What is the date for the Fall Classic?
What will the SC classes be offered?
What will the SC rules be? Such as what tires/wheels will be allowed?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I don't know that my opinion makes much difference as I've only been to maybe 2 classics with in the last 10yrs. But I'm kinda with Dave on the whole stock brushless deal. I'd rather see the formall heat races on Sat. mains on Sunday format. It gives those running only mod or only stock a little more time to wrench between rounds, and should shorten Sunday up quite a bit so out of town guys have a chance to be back home brfore midnight.

I'd like to be able to make it this year, but I'm running out of PTO going to all these nitro events. May just have to show up Sat. morning and throw down
Old 07-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That said, I guess if you leave the format as is, it gives guys that are in a situation like I just stated a chance to simply practice sat. afternoon and be more prepared for a full mod event on sunday. Hummmm
Old 07-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I did that a few years, just show up Saturday and practice for Sunday, but with how big this race is, it should be 2 days. Running more than one class and you are working to make the races, and to me, we should be having a good time, sit back bs with the guys that came to the race with ya, bench race with other guys, have time to make a shock change or mount some tires...etc.

I know Enid, we had a long saturday of racing...until midnight, but it was cool to get done at 3 or 4 and get home a good hour for work the next day, make coming back to the race much easier
Old 07-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Guys all sounds good and I will tell steve about this and see what he thinks because I understand where you guys are coming from. I'm not sure about the stock rules you know this race has been kind of a outlaw race where as long as it is 13.5 then it's good.And now there are so many esc that do so much it's hard to tech. So i'm sure classes will stay the same way they are. The race will be either the first or second weekend of Nov. I will post when I know exact.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The 26th Annual Fall Classic is scheduled for November 13-14. A club race will be held 7pm Thursday the 11th. Practice all day long Friday the 12th. Nothing has changed there.

Steve asked me to ask you racers about moving the Mod 4wd buggy class to Saturday. This would eliminate the super stock 4wd buggy class.

Also for Saturday the SC trucks will only require a 13.5 motor and wheels/tires that use a large inner diameter/short sidewall with small outer diameter/tall sidewall. Proline tires are 2.2" Outer bead and 3.0" inner bead. That's the basic idea for wheels and tires for all SC classes.

Steve has not finalized anything yet. It's all open for discussion. Us local guys will relay what people have to say and all rationale ideas. We'd love nothing more than to keep the large turnouts for we like seeing how we stack up against the quality racers that attend this race. So keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Thanx
Chris
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
The 26th Annual Fall Classic is scheduled for November 13-14. A club race will be held 7pm Thursday the 11th. Practice all day long Friday the 12th. Nothing has changed there.

Steve asked me to ask you racers about moving the Mod 4wd buggy class to Saturday. This would eliminate the super stock 4wd buggy class.

Also for Saturday the SC trucks will only require a 13.5 motor and wheels/tires that use a large inner diameter/short sidewall with small outer diameter/tall sidewall. Proline tires are 2.2" Outer bead and 3.0" inner bead. That's the basic idea for wheels and tires for all SC classes.

Steve has not finalized anything yet. It's all open for discussion. Us local guys will relay what people have to say and all rationale ideas. We'd love nothing more than to keep the large turnouts for we like seeing how we stack up against the quality racers that attend this race. So keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Thanx
Chris
Thats awesome! I will have to put in my PTO request right away!
So moving mod 4wd to sat and no SS 4wd? It was so fun to run that class last year! Its no big issue, I will be there either way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.