R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Jewish Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/jewish-racers-127/)
-   -   Secular Jews Meet Here (https://www.rctech.net/forum/jewish-racers/162222-secular-jews-meet-here.html)

STICKS 05-06-2007 08:45 PM

Secular Jews Meet Here

Hey Guys,

Since most of the other threads in here are from one perspective in what a Jew is and does, I decided to open up a thread for those who consider themselves Jews but do not follow every (or any) aspect of the religion.

So, to all the secular Jews/religious Jews and non-Jews out there...WELCOME!

Please, do avoid arguments of why some people have decided to be secular rather than religious. Its not of anybodys business.

So, to start of this discussion, does anyone know of anybody who calls themselves Jewish and is in the mainstream racing circuit (in any class)?

-Leo

Dan415ms 05-07-2007 01:57 AM

Posted here but changed my mind.

Leo, you talk the sense which the others on here don't seem to have .

RCLocos 05-07-2007 07:17 AM

Jimmy Jacobson is Jewish and is a team driver to Tamiya...

RCLocos 05-07-2007 07:19 AM

Just dont know how you can be a "secular Jew"...its an oxymoron...do you know your history? Do you know why you are Jews today? How can you disconnect yourself from your God and the TOrah and the Jewish people's history and way of life, and have the audacity to still pretend you are "Jews"...you're all hipocrites IMO.

STICKS 05-07-2007 07:31 AM

haha...

that was an amusing comment.

Yes, I know my history quite well....better than you im sure...

and no its not an oxymoron...

look up secular Judaism before commenting...

But this thread is not for you to discuss MY decisions in MY life...last time i checked I didnt care what you think....

So keep your comments to yourself.

Thanks

Dan415ms 05-07-2007 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by RCLocos
Just dont know how you can be a "secular Jew"...its an oxymoron...do you know your history? Do you know why you are Jews today? How can you disconnect yourself from your God and the TOrah and the Jewish people's history and way of life, and have the audacity to still pretend you are "Jews"...you're all hipocrites IMO.

My question to you is, do you have your own mind? Or have you just been brainwashed by your parents or others? People are welcome to god and the torah - neither interest me. Like I have said, I was born into a Jewish family, my folks respect my opinions not to want anything to do with the religion, I am a good person, I look after my family and that is what matters.....the Jewish religion exists but I want nothing to do with it, my parents tried sending me to Synagogue Sunday school when I was a very young kid so if I was in a room full or people who I didn't know and it just so happened another person was Jewish then I would probably have more in common with them BUT if they started ranting on about the religion I'd have to walk off, it just annoys me.....sorry! Maybe I am the devil? :flaming: The weirdy beardies probably think so :lol:

DKB 05-12-2007 09:56 PM

Hi Dan415ms

Hi Dan415ms how r u? I found it interesting that you brought up people being brain washed. I feel that its the non-believers that are doing the brain washing, for me I just need to look at the schooling here in Australia, they teach Darwin's evolution but neglect to teach the facts regarding this theory for eg:It is actually a theory and has NO MORE evidence than that of the Bible and Torah. The Bible is widely regarded as our most accurate record of history, this is due to the fact that lots of the sites in the bible have been unearthed archeologically. The reports of both the nation of Israel and Jesus were also recorded by other nations and non-believers and despite all of this its history is not taught. So when you talk of brainwashing I ask you to please look at the evidence set before you including the two examples I have given. Again I believe its the no believers that are doing the brainwashing.

JM2c

Also I believe you were given the right to choose what you wish to believe. Usually when people rant at me I just walk of as well I think this is a good way to handle the situation. Some talk to you about God as they genuinely care for u and they believe you maybe heading down the wrong path, this is not wrong but some just love to hear their own voice those r the ones I would not wish to hear from mate. Any how I hope life goes well for you and that God revels him self to you because I don't think God likes religious people either. ;)

PS: I don't think your the devil... :lol: :lol: But even the devil knows Gods real and trembles.

El Pedro 05-24-2007 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by DKB
The Bible is widely regarded as our most accurate record of history, this is due to the fact that lots of the sites in the bible have been unearthed archeologically.

I think Wikipedia is a muh better record of our history! :lol:

BullFrog 06-05-2007 05:55 AM

Well I was wondering were this went- now I know.I don't race on the major holidays. I was the region director for 14 years. Been sponsored by many different companies over the years I've been racing. Even won the 2003 Masters Class in N.C. in 1/12th. I been racing the Florida circuit for electric on and offroad (when needed) . Going racing this at the state race in Daytona - still competitive and semi active in the series (behind the scenes stuff). I'm enjoying not being the director and relaxing and just racing.:tire::)

Kcajnipmuj 06-09-2007 09:32 PM

O.J. Simpson is not a jew, his agent is:nod: All three stooges were:ha: Harrison Ford 1/4 jew not to shabby:lol:

RCSteve93 08-05-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kcajnipmuj (Post 3384313)
O.J. Simpson is not a jew, his agent is:nod: All three stooges were:ha: Harrison Ford 1/4 jew not to shabby:lol:

Jesus was a Jew too.

Dyno Don 11-29-2008 09:39 PM

Just found this thread. I have been racing for about 40 years and never had a problem mixing racing with being a Jew. Bigots need a good hobby like sword fighting each other. LOL

jman37 11-30-2008 08:27 PM

Well said..

I am not Jewish but the son of my god was. The lord teaches us through countless passages in our bible to love our neighbor as we love our self. The bible is such an amazing road map of life to find TRUE spiritual and even earthly happiness. Read and study it for only 20 mins a day and try to relate your readings to your everyday life.

You will be amazed at the inner peace and true happiness you will find.

Originally Posted by Dyno Don (Post 5107790)
Just found this thread. I have been racing for about 40 years and never had a problem mixing racing with being a Jew. Bigots need a good hobby like sword fighting each other. LOL

09 lex 250 05-12-2009 08:45 PM

what about the muslims? christians? and other religions? wheres our cross walk at? wheres our benefits at? where is our sympathy? you suckers get all of this shit for what? because something happened to your religion? yes just a fkn religion NOT A RACE NOR ARE YOU SEMETIC unless your family come straight from isreal..but even then its just a religion..did you all ever wake up and do a dna test to see where your geneology comes from? if your not of LATIN decent your NOT even close to being semetic!! you people cry and cry about hitler and what he did to your people when your not even semetic!!! what a fkn joke..face the FACTS!!! nobody has ever seen god nor will anyone meet him....dont you think that after the history of mankind that someone will see him,her,it? i dont think so....its a proven fact that jeasus was just a man and clearly not the son of god!!! why would a supernatural being choose 1 person out of a gazillion people to be his son? man please..wake the fk up and smell the coffy. bunch of top hat wearin penny grabbin non semetic fools.................NO DISRESPECT TO THE SEMITS!!

09 lex 250 05-12-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dyno Don (Post 5107790)

so why are you even bringing it up