Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > Jewish Racers
Tzniut: Concerning Modesty and the Temptations in RC >

Tzniut: Concerning Modesty and the Temptations in RC

Tzniut: Concerning Modesty and the Temptations in RC

Reply

Old 04-27-2007, 01:01 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Tzniut: Concerning Modesty and the Temptations in RC

Let's say you TQ and win an event...as you get your picture taken, here comes the Trophy girl, and custumary practice is to take a picture with the Trophy girl, who most of the time is dressed quite attractively...what do we do in this situation? Are you going to take a pic with the girl, but try not stare/look? What about a hug with the trophy girl? Is this Ok, or too, much?

Same goes for female racers who happen to get trophies from male presenters...what do you do?
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 AM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (29)
 
mopar70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Iím not Jewish but I am married and consider myself to be a man of God. I would just not stare and shake their hand. No Hug or kiss.
I donít think God or my wife would want me to do anymore!
mopar70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
 
Dan415ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stonehaven, Scotland
Posts: 386
Default

I am Jewish but am also a hot blooded male so I would go in full bore and get as much as she was offering (assuming she was actually supermodel standard)....if that was more than a trophy then wahey, what a bonus! Hug, Kiss, whatever bring it on, it's all good fun

Would the wife allow that, well that's another matter.....
Dan415ms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 PM
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Default

I'm not jewish, not am I married, however I do know that if you have the privelege to celebrate a victory by being showered by the presence of beauty in another woman, where is the harm in that? It's not like you're sticking your cock in the poor girl!
Lavidicus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
Dan415ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stonehaven, Scotland
Posts: 386
Default

Lavidicus,

I totally agree.

Going by my recent on road touring car results, if I was on the podium with a trophy I think I would be downing my champagne, arm around the scantily clad lady(s) having the time of my life!

After all, who knows when the opportunity will arise again? Perhaps only the almighty can decide when we'll be blessed with the next 'A-final'?

With all these changes such as Lipo's, Brushless, 4/5/6 cell etc etc I think I would take any 1st place in a big competition and make as much of it as I could....oh yes most definately a hug, how long it would last is up to her!
Dan415ms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Default

See what good the australian roman-catholic brings?
Lavidicus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: smakdown hotel
Posts: 14
Default

we have RC in Kazakstan
SMAKDOWN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by SMAKDOWN
we have RC in Kazakstan
Don't kazakhs think jews are petty grovelling devil-worshipping money-hungry satanic vile creatures of the night?
Lavidicus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:03 AM
  #9  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Lavidicus
Don't kazakhs think jews are petty grovelling devil-worshipping money-hungry satanic vile creatures of the night?
Please stop comments like these...this is not the topic. Smakdown never stated anything like this- so please dont make something so despicable an issue. Stick to the topics...
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Dan415ms
I am Jewish but am also a hot blooded male so I would go in full bore and get as much as she was offering (assuming she was actually supermodel standard)....if that was more than a trophy then wahey, what a bonus! Hug, Kiss, whatever bring it on, it's all good fun

Would the wife allow that, well that's another matter.....
If you are Jewish, then you are supposed to act like a Jew. We cant just say " I am Jewish", and act completely the opposite. How to live as a Jew is stated in the TOrah, the holy book of Judaism, which contains G-d's teachings and commandments. What you describe here is not the behavior a Jew is asked to live by according to the Creator and His Torah. What we need to ask ourselves is, are my actions according to G-d's law/instructions or not? Let's not guess- guessing doesnt answer the question- the only way to find out is by learning about G-d and His laws and teachings for mankind and creation, and living according to them. These teachings are found in the Torah, and we as Jews have been chosen by the Creator to serve G-d and keep his commandments and be a holy nation, and for that He gave us the Torah and its explanations so that we may learn it and live according to it. Again, the question is "What does G-d/Torah expect me to do in this, or any situation?" Then its a matter of learning the Creator's will, and choosing to obey or disobey His Command...and face the consequences or enjoy the rewards...
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 AM
  #11  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by mopar70
Iím not Jewish but I am married and consider myself to be a man of God. I would just not stare and shake their hand. No Hug or kiss.
I donít think God or my wife would want me to do anymore!
Good answer MOPAR70. This is definetely more inline with what the Torah teaches....
yyhayyim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:33 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
STICKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 270
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
If you are Jewish, then you are supposed to act like a Jew. We cant just say " I am Jewish", and act completely the opposite.

Interesting quote...

I completely disagree with your points of view. And i am Jewish. And i act how I view G-D would want me to act.

Last time i checked, I call myself Jewish but dont follow all the laws of Judaism.

Unfortunatly quotes like the one above is what further separates people apart in our religion rather than bring them together.

Just my .02 .

And, also please dont reply to me telling me how a jew is supposed to act...nothing you say will change my views nor do i find u an authority. Now you can say, but G-D is the authority. Please. that arguement has been played out in Hebrew school.

And obviously this is an argument between the secular and religious Jew.

We wont prove each other wrong or right. So there is no point in such an arguement continuing.

Im just making sure to show to everyone that there are Jews out there with a DIFFERENT point of view on the subject.

-Leo
STICKS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:51 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
 
Dan415ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stonehaven, Scotland
Posts: 386
Default

Originally Posted by STICKS
Interesting quote...

I completely disagree with your points of view. And i am Jewish. And i act how I view G-D would want me to act.

Last time i checked, I call myself Jewish but dont follow all the laws of Judaism.

Unfortunatly quotes like the one above is what further separates people apart in our religion rather than bring them together.

Just my .02 .

And, also please dont reply to me telling me how a jew is supposed to act...nothing you say will change my views nor do i find u an authority. Now you can say, but G-D is the authority. Please. that arguement has been played out in Hebrew school.

And obviously this is an argument between the secular and religious Jew.

We wont prove each other wrong or right. So there is no point in such an arguement continuing.

Im just making sure to show to everyone that there are Jews out there with a DIFFERENT point of view on the subject.

-Leo
Leo, well said. Here here.
Dan415ms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:29 AM
  #14  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 43
Talking

Originally Posted by STICKS
Interesting quote...I completely disagree with your points of view. And i am Jewish. And i act how I view G-D would want me to act. Last time i checked, I call myself Jewish but dont follow all the laws of Judaism. Unfortunatly quotes like the one above is what further separates people apart in our religion rather than bring them together. Just my .02 . -Leo
Yohan- great job on these forums. I really appreciate the time you take to get us to talk about these issues. I cannot be a hypocrite like some here, that claim to be Jewish, but lthink and act in complete oposite of what the poeple of Israel and jews are have been and are supposed to be for for more than 3,500 yrs.
RCLocos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
 
Dan415ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stonehaven, Scotland
Posts: 386
Default

Last time i checked this is RCtech and not I-am-a-religious-Jew-so-you-should-be-too-tech??

Can we PLEASE talk about R/C Cars?!! This other chat just bores me to tears!
Dan415ms is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service