Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Racing According to Torah

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If I remember right, jewish people take writing and saying God's name even more seriously than christians. They're not supposed to right out or even say his name.

Which in a forum like this is kinda hard, thus the "G-d."

Yyhayyyim will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's why.

I'm not Jewish, or anything for that matter, but I do find theological discussions interesting
Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Pedro
What about Neandathol's?
Will you believe wither I give you an answer or not? Questions are fine as long as it’s for the pursuit of knowledge and a better understanding. But if it’s to come in to a form topic that it dedicated to God to try to tare down ones beliefs and cast stones, that’s not.

I came from Adam not through evolution. I was created in the image of God. Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Just as their are many extinct animals today, the Neanderthal it just an extinct gorilla or beast that man has placed in the line of evolution to show he came from a one cell creature that claimed out of some goop. Evolution is taught as fact, it is far from a fact.
We as people want to believe we are where we are because we have done it.
Evolution was created to give someone a way to try to show where they came from without acknowledging God.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Rookie

EL-OH-EL!!

Wow, reading through this thread is hilarious. I expected nothing less from a forum dedicated to religion.

Chosen nation, LOL!!

Theres a million times more FACT surrounding evolution than ANY bible, torah, or koran has. FACT and FAITH are polar opposites.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 AM
DKB
Tech Adept

Well U R entitled to your opinion...
But as for the facts surrounding the bible and evolution, well if you had spent any time researching both then you would see clearly that both are totally unprovable and both require some kind of faith to fully believe one or the other...
On the other hand their is evidence that can lead us to both conclusions but not enough to 100% say that either is true, again requiring faith to believe...
I like the fact that most of the sites, events and recorded history of the Jewish people in the bible have been recovered and is also written in to the history books of the other civilizations of the times such as the Romans, Persians and Egyptians just to name a few... That's a good amount of evidence for me and my faith allows me to see the rest....

Any how if ya don't like the site then your free not to post.
Also when speaking to people who research this stuff all the time I suggest you do a bit of research your self...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpmn321
EL-OH-EL!!

Wow, reading through this thread is hilarious. I expected nothing less from a forum dedicated to religion.

Chosen nation, LOL!!

Theres a million times more FACT surrounding evolution than ANY bible, torah, or koran has. FACT and FAITH are polar opposites.
What does a religious creation story and the big bang theory have in common?

It takes faith to believe either one of them.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Pedro
Why do you write G-d instead of god?

What about the dinosaurs?
The reason is because of our reverence and care for G-d's honor. One of the commandments of G-d for Jews and non-Jews is the command of "Do not use the name of G-d in vain". Whenever we refer to G-d, we are to be careful that we do it in a respectful manner, and never make references to Him or his names that would be disrespectful in our communications, which includes writing. Thus when we write, and references to G-d are made thru His Name or those that refer to Him, then we have to be careful that such paper or document will not be thrown away or erased or destroyed, with G-d's names on it. Thus we write G-d, omitting one letter, so as to hint that we are referring to Him, but yet not explicitly writting out His Name or ephiphets, so that if someone were to print out the docs and trash them, at elast references of G-d and his holy names will not be descrated or disrespected, since its not fully spelled out. That's the basics of why us Jews do this...hope that helps.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Assalamualaikum....(Peace be Upon you)

Hi, I'm a Muslim from Malaysia and I find the discussion rather..... I shall say interesting. From the little that I know, the first human was Prophet Adam the a few more of which some of the main ones were Prophet Moses - Prophet Jesus and finally Prophet Muhammad. I think there are altogether 25 prophets including Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) and the others which I can't recall.

What I can't understand is why the Jews refer themselves as the chosen ones. From Islamic teachings, all humans are created equal. The only different in the eye's of GOD is those who Submit to the teachings as well as being more pious.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RedEnzo, I would love to visit Malaysia sometime.

To answer your question it is throughout Hebrew Scriptures. An example would be Deuteronomy Chapter 7

6“For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; 8but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

From the little knowledge that I know, Jews were oppressed since the days of the Pharoah. Probabaly at that time the scripture were meant to uplift the spirits of the Jews, and not meant as being taken literally ie to say that they are chosen ones. If that is the interpretation and sadly to say, this is no different from saying that we have different class of people not unlike the Hindus with their oppression of the Pariah(untouchables)

Islam says that when a child is born, it's like a piece of white cloth. No discrimination of race or color. The parents are responsible to color the child to whatever form - rightly or wrongly. Before they reach the age of puberty, what ever they do is the resposibility of their parents. If these children die, they go straight to heaven. No question.

But we adult are a complicated creature and we learn to discriminate and at times are a confuse bunch of people. Using religion to gain power, riches, respect etc. Please do watch Kingdom Of Heaven and you'll understand what I mean.

Cheers and Assalamualaikum
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

what about the geico caveman ...sorry you guys it was just to pass up....just having a bit of fun ...take care you guys
Old 09-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well, this is all very interesting. Let me ask this, isn't the christian religion one of the youngest of them all and jehovias witness say they are the only ones going to heaven and even gave "x" number that are gonna make it which now is way lower than the amount of members they have. I just dont understand, many people can read the bible and every one of them can come out of it with a different meaning. To belive in god takes blind faith and what I mean is you see no other path but this one and I have respect for those of you that do so and live you life that way. Christian means "christ-like" if I'm not mistaken, I try to be good to people and help them out as much as I can, I work everyday and try to be a good member of society. I see my daughter and think that there has to be something more out there but it's hard for me to just have "blind faith" when there are clear and present facts to evolution. If we were to believe in something why wouldn't we believe in budda, that religion is way older than christian. Anyway I will continue to try to live my life christ like but I don't claim to be christian because I dont think I can live to that standard yet. If there is a heaven and hell and when I die I can only hope that the times I was there to help his fellow man and keep peace in society can be weighed out and not how many time I was in a church.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi

Last edited by stevier; 11-14-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Shalom: My name is Yohanan Hayyim. I am a Hassidic Jew, and a big fan of the rc sport, especially 1/10th electric TC. I have been running for about 2 yrs now, and have met wonderfull people along the way who have been most kind and helpful. I have been allowed to open this thread/forum with the great help of Rev. Richard(CMotif), and Futureal, rctech owner...thanks a million to you gentlemen for giving us this opportunity. The forum is meant as a link between Jews to share our experiences and involvement in RC, as well as advice and tips on how to deal rc racing according to Torah, and share info on hospitality, kosher restaurants, stores, teachings, links, etc, and other coorresponding info concerning living as Jews and how it relates to the world of RC and how to practice our faith in the world of RC.

Non-Jews are welcome and encouraged to learn with us. We all must be kind and respectful towards another, and no insults or demeaning comments are to be made...let's keep it clean and prefessional, please.

Shalom

Yohanan Hayyim
Hello,
I have a less serious question for you. I really enjoy Hebrew National hot dogs. In my opinion they are by far the best darn hot dog. Although, they always give me heart burn after i eat them. Could you recommend another Kosher hot dog thats just as good if not better?
Thanks, Chris

Last edited by CHRIS CHAVEZ; 09-30-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
Hello,
I have a less serious question for you. I really enjoy Hebrew National hot dogs. In my opinion they are by far the best darn hot dog. Although, they always give me heart burn after i eat them. Could you recommend another Kosher hot dog thats just as good if not better?
Thanks, Chris
Beef ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.