Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Someone form Brazil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Persoal,

My cars arrived in the container and I will be heading to Sorocaba to run with friends there. The track is in Campolin. We will arrive around 9AM Saturday and run for a few hours. After this I plan to go to Jundiaí next in May. I hope to meet all the São Paulo RC guys.

Do you think that there are enough Short Course people in São Paulo that would want to put on a race?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ShortCourseOnly
Persoal,

My cars arrived in the container and I will be heading to Sorocaba to run with friends there. The track is in Campolin. We will arrive around 9AM Saturday and run for a few hours. After this I plan to go to Jundiaí next in May. I hope to meet all the São Paulo RC guys.

Do you think that there are enough Short Course people in São Paulo that would want to put on a race?
Hey, dude, wazzup?

Aqui no Rio temos um Campeonato de Short Course 2wd (a maioria corre de Traxxas Slash; eu corro de SC10).

Na nossa pista as categorias mais fortes são

1) 1/8 buggy nitro
2) 1/8 buggy EP
3) 1/10 Short Course EP
4) 1/8 truggy nitro (poucas pessoas correndo nessa).

Dá uma conferida no meu álbum aqui no RC Tech, tem fotos da nossa antiga pista (já não corremos mais lá) e de algumas etapas.

Se vier ao Rio será bem-vindo. A próxima etapa acontece dia 03 de junho.

Acesse nosso fórum também, lá tem mais info e fotos da nova pista (Barra Off-Road RC): www.outrc.com.br

Um abraço!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello fellow brazilians and brazilians at heart!

Here we have some pictures of the rounds 1 and 2 of our Rio de Janeiro Championship (four classes as stated on the previous post, even though not all classes appear in the pics):

1st round (March 4th, 2012)

2nd round (April 1st, 2010)

We are still missing pictures from the 3rd round, which happened last weekend.

Everybody is welcome for the next race, on June 03, 2012.

More info on the track here: Barra Off-Road RC

Best regards!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Que bacana!!!

The track looks very good. I would love to get over to Rio to race with you all.

If I can I would race the 2WD Short Course for sure but what class would my 4x4 SCT fit into? I would be willing to race the 8th scale buggy electric class. I have my Jammin SCRT10 coverted to 8th scale body.

What courses do you run? Looks like:

Nitro Buggy
Nitro Truggy
Electric Buggy
2WD Short Couse.

Is this correct!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Que bacana!!!

The track looks very good. I would love to get over to Rio to race with you all.

If I can I would race the 2WD Short Course for sure but what class would my 4x4 SCT fit into? I would be willing to race the 8th scale buggy electric class. I have my Jammin SCRT10 coverted to 8th scale body.

What courses do you run? Looks like:

Nitro Buggy
Nitro Truggy
Electric Buggy
2WD Short Couse.

Is this correct!!!

Well, here we go:

1) Unfortunately your 4x4 short course would not fit the 1/8 electric buggy class, since we race "pure" 1/8 buggies (most people race 1/8 Caster Fusions; I race a RC8Be and some few other guys race Kyo Infernos or Losi 8ights-E).

2) You may be able to race your 4x4 short course truck along with the 2wd class if you disable front traction of your car. This is the one class more open to new racers and chassis layouts, but we try to keep competition fair. Some guys with 4x4 Traxxas Slash trucks run this class with the front diff decoupled, so it mught be your case also.

3) Yes, that is correct! We currently host those four classes.

If you need any more info, I will be glad to help.

See ya!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

And here we also have a few pics of the 3rd round (happened May 6th, 2012), in the Short Course class:

All pictures credited to a fellow racer "Pino".
Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

I have a converted Jammin SCRT10 that will fit the 8th scale electric class. I also have a SC10 2WD so that is not an issue. Do you have rules for these classes? For example what electric motor can I use in the Short Course class? I currently have a 7.5t brushless motor but it is much more powerful than the stock Slash or SC10 have. I would be willing to change the motor to fit your rules if you can provide them.

I am considering traveling to Rio to join you guys. You track and participation is what is important to me.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a converted Jammin SCRT10 that will fit the 8th scale electric class. I also have a SC10 2WD so that is not an issue. Do you have rules for these classes? For example what electric motor can I use in the Short Course class? I currently have a 7.5t brushless motor but it is much more powerful than the stock Slash or SC10 have. I would be willing to change the motor to fit your rules if you can provide them.

I am considering traveling to Rio to join you guys. You track and participation is what is important to me.
Ok, as stated before, in the 1/8 buggy we race the "true" 1/8 buggy, but you may be able to race, if approved by the event tech director (and I think they may accept your entrance as "invitational").

The Short Course class is no-limits for battery/motor combination, you are free to race whatever equipment you have!

Here we have the 2012 calendar and rules (portuguese only - Regulamento):

Associação Carioca de Modelismo

See ya!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Ótimo.

My SCRT10 with 8th scale buggy body and wing meets the rules. With motor, battery and weight open I meet everything else. I will be much lighter than the rest of the vehicles but I will be using a smaller motor and 2S battery. So it could be very interesting. Also I am using Short Course tires right now which are not as good as 8th scale tires but are very close in overall diameter.

What is a good tire for the track in Rio? What are the top drivers using?

See my photos:

Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is a good tire for the track in Rio? What are the top drivers using?
That's an interesting ride!

Most drivers use AKA I-Beams or Crossbrace in soft compound or Proline's Revolver, Bow-Tie and Crime Fighters.

Personally I prefer AKA Crossbrace, but the track is normally hard packed, with lots of thin loose sand/dust when dry, no blue groove, 10% of the lenght is carpet.

Last edited by cardinal; 06-15-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, there!

Here we have lots of pictures from the 4th round of our Rio de Janeiro Championship (happened last June 3rd), hope you enjoy them:

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3
Old 06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Rookie

whaaat up

Fala galera Bruzuca

The track at rio is really nice, this topic need a SP tracks too

cheers
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

I agree. I have run at the New Dust Raising in Mairiporã. It is super show! I have visited Paulinia Racing which is also fantastic. Both were built by Joey Christenson who builds the top tracks in the USA.

I plan to race the Campeonato Paulista in Buggy Racer or Buggy Sport.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm here! \o/
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

I raced the last two events of the Campeonato Paulista de Offroad in Buggy Sport. This year I plan to race Buggy Racer as well as eBuggy. I am ready for the year.

Also there is Newsport 2013. The first event is February 3rd in Paulinia. Only Nitro Buggy Livre, Buggy Iniciante, and Truggy. I plan to attend.