R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   International Racing Team (https://www.rctech.net/forum/international-racing-team-28/)
-   -   what will you be working on this summer? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/international-racing-team/37384-what-will-you-working-summer.html)

Ko Racer 04-04-2004 05:20 PM

what will you be working on this summer?

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys havent been here alot i have been busy getting ready to promote scions in june at the local dealer ship I work at.
I got me one from so cal my home town and have been busy putting the bling bling to it .... what you guys think?

Ko Racer 04-04-2004 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
alittle to the motor so far

Ko Racer 04-04-2004 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lets try bigger

Cmotif 04-04-2004 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All very cool! I like what you have done with your Scion. I saw a lot of Scions when I was in the L.A. area 1.5 weeks ago.

Here is my project for the summer. I live in Weed, which has lots of OLD trucks and I bought myself a 500 dollar one. It is brown and ugly, still nicer than a lot of other ones in town though (hahaha, serious). Well, last month my grandfather died and I decided that I wanted to do my truck up as much as possible to look like his old '65 Ford Truck. I have a friend who I think was a shop teacher at Mt. Shasta High School and he has loads of old paint and had offered to paint my truck for free. I was trying to think of a theme, and then decided it needed to look like a 65. He says that he has paint which is just about that color. I am going to paint the chrome, and either get the real badges from a 65 or have a replicas done up in vinyl.

My truck currently

Cmotif 04-04-2004 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grandpa's 65 Ford truck I would love to have bought it when it went up for auction at his Estate sale, but a local TV celebrity in Spokane bought it for his buffalo ranch.

Cmotif 04-04-2004 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plan to mount the spare on the side of the bed like they did in the old days.

Cmotif 04-04-2004 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I plan to take off the 78 badges off the truck and fill in the holes and then put on the 65 badges or vinyl copies of them in the correct places for a 65.

Cmotif 04-04-2004 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Custom Cab badge that goes up high on the doors.

Ko Racer 04-07-2004 03:49 AM

man I cant wait to see what you do to it and sport it around on the roads. no hot wheel theme for it ?

Cmotif 04-07-2004 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought about doing the Hot Wheel thing very seriously. I was also very much considering doing it up UPS/Dale Jarrett Style (Race the BIG BROWN TRUCK).

One thing that I have done that was fun on it was get a Mac Muffler off of Ebay (similar to Flowmaster in build). I have that instead of the stock muffler and the 1.5 inch exhaust pipe. I had the exhaust opened up to 2.5 inches from the cat back.

My exhaust tip is black powder coated and came off of a 6.0 liter Power Stroke Diesel.

I also got some mud tires for the rear. Being a big Interstate Battery/Bobby Labonte fan, I finally got an Interstate Battery, a 85 MONTH ONE for it.

Here is an uncleaned up picture of the tip and tires. The next mod is to paint the wheels black.

Cmotif <><

KoE 04-13-2004 07:46 PM

Originally posted by Ko Racer
alittle to the motor so far
hey is that a carbon cover for the engine or something? won't it trap heat somehow? kewl job i must say :cool:

Cmotif 04-13-2004 10:12 PM

A carbon fiber engine cover is cool. About holding in the heat? When was the last time that you saw a new vehicle that didn't have an engine cover? They all have them now, so I guess that they have the heat issue figured out.

Cmotif <><

KoE 04-14-2004 02:48 AM

on another score ... that carbon patterns will look awesome for the entire car. replace the whole body with carbon would be WOW !!!! major bling bling!!!

Cmotif 04-14-2004 01:21 PM

Agreed!

I love the look of Carbon Fiber as well. It always looks very racey. KoE, what are you up to this summer?

Cmotif <><

KoE 04-14-2004 02:06 PM

Re: Agreed!

Originally posted by Cmotif
...what are you up to this summer?
how am i going to put it? ... we have sort of summer all year round LOL !!! i'm by the equator so sun rain sun rain in those orders :lol: nothing will be any special, i'm just going to practice a little bit more and perhaps move into my new home :D