Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 ASIAN ONROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Default 2013 ASIAN ONROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Hello everyone, I wanted to start a thread to let you guys all know of the new AOC series I am starting. You can get all the info regarding the series on the AOC Facebook page and the website www.aocrc.com Each year the AOC will travel around to some new locations to try and reach out to everyone. Below is the press release. I hope you guys can join us at a race or 2. Thanks, Scotty

The world of on road racing has been a favorite for many of us around the world. From the early days of Pro 10 Cars and 1/12th Scale to Touring cars and F-1, there has always been a love for On Road. Years ago I started the IIC event to make a world caliber event in Las Vegas. Through the years it has grown to be a great event. Later on we started the Euro Touring Series and that also has grown to be a great series that brings everyone together to share in our passion for on road racing. Now it is time for the next event.

Over the past few years, I have been asked if it was possible to get a big on road event going in Asia. Well after much planning and work it is time to announce the Asian On road Championships. The AOC will be a group of events that travel around Asia and each year reaching out to new locations. On Road racing is extremely strong in Asia and the roots of many of the companies that design and manufacture cars and parts are located within Asia making this the perfect place to make an exciting Championship.

In our opening year we will begin with 4 events. Each event will have classes unique to that event. Since we will be traveling around to different locations we want to include classes that are popular at the local level as well as the main classes we will offer at each event.

In our first year, each event will be a separate event unto it self. This will not be a point series. Since the distance to travel to each event is great, we will crown champions at each venue. This year will take us to some wonderful locations. Here is a list of our locations for this first year.

ROUND 1 RCI INDOOR RACEWAY SHANGHAI, CHINA
ROUND 2 MELBOURNE RC CLUB MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
ROUND 3 RC CITY BANGKOK, THAILAND
ROUND 4 YATABE ARENA TOKYO, JAPAN

As you can see from this list, we will visit some wonderful locations. Next year we already have plans in the works to visit, Malaysia, Philippines and hopefully a few other locations. This years finals will be held at the most historic venue in our industry. Yatabe Arena. The AOC will be part of their RC Festival that will have activity on all the tracks located at Yatabe and it will include a huge Drift Championship that draws Hundreds of racers, spectators and full scale drift cars and drivers. It is great that we will be part of the RC Festival as this is an amazing event and the perfect way to wrap up our first year of the AOC.

The AOC will focus on the fun we can have in an organized event. Simple rules, great friendships and exciting racing. All the info can be found on our website at www.aocrc.com as well as our Facebook page.

Class we will offer at each event will be:
Modified
Super Stock 13.5 Boosted
Stock 17.5 Non Boost
FWD 17.5 Non Boost
F-1 21.5 Non Boost

As I mentioned each venue will have other classes we will offer but those listed above are the main classes.

I hope you will be able to make plans to join us in the AOC and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Thank you,
Scotty