Search

Hobby Shop Evaluations

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

ttt..
Old 12-08-2001, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

To sell a product, you got to have a market. To have a market, you got to make it. I dont know the ratio of racers to hobby shops in indonesia, what i do know the r/c market is small. therefore, you got to create or make the existing market (aka racers) even bigger. that's where hobby shops gotta team up working side by side to create a bigger market - not only in jakarta, but also elsewhere in indonesia. once you got that quite sizeable market, then you can have your piece of apple pie. ie: market specialization: off road, gas on road, electric tc, etc. who will benefit from all of this ? racers will be a lot happier to have a freedom to choose over a wide range of products with less expensive price, and so hobby shops since the product turnover will be faster.

it really doesn't make anysense if hobby shops got into a harsh and unhealthy competition nowadays. no one will benefit out of it.
why would one kill others over nothing ?

one other thing that seems to bug me up when shopping for r/c products at one particular shop is the price tag isn't the actual price. the label has a "marked up" price, once a buyer is interested to go with it, then price can be lowered.
what's with it anyway ? i've got used to it and see it as a part of weekly or monthly transaction deal. this, however, can actually scare away newcomers - that's what hobby shops need to avoid !

just my $ .002
Old 12-09-2001, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by redsand

one other thing that seems to bug me up when shopping for r/c products at one particular shop is the price tag isn't the actual price. the label has a "marked up" price, once a buyer is interested to go with it, then price can be lowered.
what's with it anyway ? i've got used to it and see it as a part of weekly or monthly transaction deal. this, however, can actually scare away newcomers - that's what hobby shops need to avoid !

just my $ .002
I think it is for making wholesale discount calculation easier based on MSRP. And I believe it's set by factory mostly.

Competing over hobby shops are just the same with every other business. The problem is someone who does not have store / individual reseller who are taking advantage of the market they don't create.

Other things,
I confuse of all Indonesian Racers here, this forum is to evauate hobby shops and I have not seen one evaluate other shop than me. Are the rest really that BAD??
Old 12-09-2001, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Ok...ok...about the hobby shop evaluation. I think they are the best in town for electric stuff. Compared to Apache, Exotic, or Creative, Extreme.
Old 12-09-2001, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Pyramid, why don't we make a list first!

Here is the list:

1. Dhanu shop
2. World Hobbies
3. CIS
4. Michael shop at Plaza Senayan
5. Creative
6. Extreme
7. Apache
8. Exotic Car
9. Awie's shop

Importer:

1. Erwin
2. Budiman

Am I missing something??
Old 12-09-2001, 06:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Pyramid
Other things,
I confuse of all Indonesian Racers here, this forum is to evauate hobby shops and I have not seen one evaluate other shop than me. Are the rest really that BAD??
Here's my opinion and example : I use Yokomo car, so I stick to Dhanu's shop (for spare-parts, options, etc). For Losi driver they have to contact Mr. Budiman as the only distributor, etc.... So we can't evaluate and compare each other... Tell me if you guys didn't get my point....
Old 12-09-2001, 09:35 AM

Daniz24, it's not for who..... selling what.......

It's your experience buying from them such as prices, availability, customer supports, etc...

I'm very sorry if the "post subject" wasn't that clear.

By the way, I never tought we have that many hobby shops as listed by xray
Old 12-09-2001, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Other things,

==============

That may not be the case.
It'd rather be "critizing" than "evaluating" if you put it that way.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Evaluating might be the right word. Well, let's not get confused with some "politically correct kinda thing".
Yet critizing too much may seem like whinning unless one has a better solution.

Just another penny of mine..
Old 12-09-2001, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

I say that the word evaluating or grading can be very sensitive. So we tend to only say good things. Not everybody can accept with open minded.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by MissX
Not everybody can accept with open minded.
I agree.... Our people are very sensitive about this...
Old 12-10-2001, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by daniz24

I agree.... Our people are very sensitive about this...
I guess that's explain why Indonesia is still "Indonesia".

Also, I'm not wrong by saying evaluating as I meant both good and bad matters. Critizing would lead to something bad only.

How do you expect to be better if you have no one evaluate your actions? Even if you were/are in school, there would be something to evaluate before you pass. Just like company, how do you measures your work/management if no one do such evaluation such as ISO9002.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid

Also, I'm not wrong by saying evaluating as I meant both good and bad matters. Critizing would lead to something bad only.
You are not wrong.
IMHO, no one should be affraid of getting critized. It is the best way to get better.
The thing is most ppl here aren't used to that yet. Esp. if someone they don't really know personally critize their service, that would be something else.

How do you expect to be better if you have no one evaluate your actions? Even if you were/are in school, there would be something to evaluate before you pass. Just like company, how do you measures your work/management if no one do such evaluation such as ISO9002.
Didn't you know that ISO9002 can be bought ?

Last edited by redsand; 12-10-2001 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by redsand

You are not wrong.
IMHO, no one should be affraid of getting critized. It is the best way to get better.
The thing is most ppl here aren't used to that yet. Esp. if someone they don't really know personally critize their service, that would be something else.

Didn't you know that ISO9002 can be bought ?
Redsand.... that is just an example
Did you ever buy one?

I don't think our conversation will go anywhere near this threat forum.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:19 AM

Guys....

I do not think this threat subject going anywhere near what it meant on the first place.

I'm planning to delete it (the threat and all its contents) if no one give any evalutation within 2 days.

Let me know if you have other toughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.