Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan >

VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys I'm going to ask for a trial date. Within the next 2 weeks. Can't do it this week my anniversary is thurs. I'll let you know. Also while waiting what do you all say if plan trip to Toledo together. For a few hours? If so, what day is good for everyone?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for setting that up MWO. Happy Anniversary! I am up for a trip to Toledo. My schedule changes a lot week to week, so you guys pick a day and I'll try to make it. Are you looking for just a practice day? If so, during the week may be better. I am not sure of the racing schedule there but we'd want to check that.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

MWO, any news on checking out that indoor space?
How is the T2 coming along VTA Man?
Did you get a new car yet ZSpeed?
Anyone else working on a 13.5 VTA to come race with us?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mitamiya
MWO, any news on checking out that indoor space?
How is the T2 coming along VTA Man?
Did you get a new car yet ZSpeed?
Anyone else working on a 13.5 VTA to come race with us?
How's everyone doing? Was out of town, got back and had some goodies waiting for me! Mitamiya, thanks for checking on us, as of an hour ago got the Xray running. Of course with no where to run except the living room! Still needs some tweaks, but at least I have a back up if the TD10 breaks. I am hoping to have some time between the holidays to check out the Toledo track. Maybe Zspeed and MWO will have time also. Anyone else out there watching this thread know of anywhere closer we can go play? Think I'll just but a miniature plow on it and hit the driveway!

Axial SCX10 - "Custom", GMADE portal axles, Traxxas Summit 2 spd trans, Castle SCT 1410 brushless and SCT ESC. 2S power.
Attached Thumbnails VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-photo-1.jpg   VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-securedownload-1-.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Car looks great! Nice work. I built a RM-01 over Thanksgiving, and am working on a 417X for our 13.5 club.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Quick Thanksgiving Build

First Pan car build, only took about 2 hours. Fun though.
Hope to post a completed 417X for VTA soon.
Attached Thumbnails VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-img_3995.jpg  
Old 12-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

First Pan car build, only took about 2 hours. Fun though.
Hope to post a completed 417X for VTA soon.
Pan cars are awesome, had a RC10L, RC12L, a Kyosho Fantom and Bolink Eliminator years ago, they're like slot cars without the track! Very cool, nice detail work on the body. The 417X is a very nice looking chassis. Should handle well.

Which steering servo have you used most on the your on road cars?

Axial SCX10 - "Custom", GMADE portal axles, Traxxas Summit 2 spd trans, Castle SCT 1410 brushless and SCT ESC. 2S power.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

When I first got back into the hobby, I was still using Futaba, but now I have branched out and like to try different brands.
I broke my servo in the Xray at our last practice race, and replaced that one with a Spektrum S6040. I am outfitting a TC6 for my son to race with us using a Hitec HS-7985 MG (and that cheap SP Cirtix 13.5 sensored system). For the 417X, going with a Savox SC-1258TG. I have been happy with Savox for my off road stuff.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default Toledo

Hey Guys, I ended up working in Monroe on Thursday last week and decided to shoot over to the Toledo track to check it out. Nice facility, and the track looks great. One long straight and a tight infield set-up. Owner was there and seemed like a great guy. The do run VTA, using the USVTA rules, so 25.5 BL, HPI vintage tires/wheels and Trans-Am bodies with driver figures. They run oval on Saturday and full track with VTA on Sunday. I'd be interested in checking out sometime if you guys are interested.
Still think our 13.5 BL outdoor modified VTA rules will be just as fun and definitely faster once the weather improves. If we could get 7-10 total people I think we could really have a great club.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

So I just saw this posting:
"New track in Warren MI." Called RC clubhouse.
Warren MI
Here is a cool Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAk9BXy5tmY
I got excited - EXCEPT IT IS ON-ROAD DIRT!
So I felt compelled to reply.....
That is cool, except a few of us are on-road, VTA and scale crawler guys! Now if we had an "RC Clubouse" that included an on-road course and a corner for the RC crawler guys we could have a real clubhouse. Toss in a hobby shop geared for the "clubhouse gang", offer internet ordering service, food court and RC rentals and you'll have the birthday party crowd covered also! I know the rental crowd would be expensive but there are workarounds for that. Just say in'.....
[/I]

A new dirt track is cool, except I sold all my dirt stuff for scale crawler and on-road - VTA racing gear, I know, who am I, someone special who thinks a on-road track facility should be built somewhere within say a 40 minute ride? YES!

So Mitamiya, the Toledo track looks cool? Weird, I was just going to Google earth to check the location and saw your post. Did you get any hours of operation? I need more practice that competition - yes if we could see whom else has been watching our thread, and get them to reply, we may be able to get a group / club together and make the ride to Toledo, its the closest for sure.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VTAMan
So I just saw this posting:
"New track in Warren MI." Called RC clubhouse.
Warren MI
Here is a cool Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAk9BXy5tmY
I got excited - EXCEPT IT IS ON-ROAD DIRT!
So I felt compelled to reply.....
That is cool, except a few of us are on-road, VTA and scale crawler guys! Now if we had an "RC Clubouse" that included an on-road course and a corner for the RC crawler guys we could have a real clubhouse. Toss in a hobby shop geared for the "clubhouse gang", offer internet ordering service, food court and RC rentals and you'll have the birthday party crowd covered also! I know the rental crowd would be expensive but there are workarounds for that. Just say in'.....
[/I]

A new dirt track is cool, except I sold all my dirt stuff for scale crawler and on-road - VTA racing gear, I know, who am I, someone special who thinks a on-road track facility should be built somewhere within say a 40 minute ride? YES!

So Mitamiya, the Toledo track looks cool? Weird, I was just going to Google earth to check the location and saw your post. Did you get any hours of operation? I need more practice that competition - yes if we could see whom else has been watching our thread, and get them to reply, we may be able to get a group / club together and make the ride to Toledo, its the closest for sure.
All dressed up and nowhere to go!
Attached Thumbnails VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-photo-1.jpg   VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-photo-2.jpg   VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan-photo-3.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VTAMan
All dressed up and nowhere to go!
So here are the hours for "Hobby Stop West" Toledo. M - F 10 to 8, Sat 10 -6 - racing on Sundays as Mitamiya noted. Ph # is 419-471-1108 for those who want to check them out. I may have to take a ride and check it out, the 'Cuda was just wired up and needs some track time to sort out my "Ebay" special.

Lets see who else is working on racing projects....show us your pics!

Sakura Zero S (really a Turnigy TD10) Turnigy 13.5 Track Star, Oynx 2S, Pontiac Trans AM body, Hobbywing Justock 45a ESC. USVTA spec tires.
Xray - T2 008, w/Cuda AAR body. Speed Passion Club Spec esc and Speed Passion club spec 13.5 "ebay" combo
Axial Wraith, Holmes Hobbies brushless 2500kva, Castle ESC
Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Cuda looks great VTA. What wheels are those, I like the two-tone?
Old 12-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Cuda looks great VTA. What wheels are those, I like the two-tone?
Thanks,
They are the HPI - 3821 R & 3816 F, they came in black, I painted the outer rim matte silver.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

I almost sent you a text today to see if you thought it was warm and dry enough to meet somewhere to race. Hope warm weather is around the corner!
Got some stuff done today on the cars. Will post some pics soon.
Did we lose Manwithoptions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.