Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
Official Thread - King's RC Raceway, New Vienna OH >

Official Thread - King's RC Raceway, New Vienna OH

Official Thread - King's RC Raceway, New Vienna OH

Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-BATT
Thanks for the weather update, and great news.

We will see you peeps tomorrow
Excellent... folks from Indy have racing in their blood!! I guess when you live in the racing capital of the world... it effects the whole community. I used to live there and I swear I've seen mothers racing their baby strollers around Geist Reservoir!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TachyonRC
Excellent... folks from Indy have racing in their blood!! I guess when you live in the racing capital of the world... it effects the whole community. I used to live there and I swear I've seen mothers racing their baby strollers around Geist Reservoir!
Hahaha or soccer moms racing around 465 in those mini vans..

Practiced on the track today and I must say, Steve built a good one here guys.
Nice flowing layout with some technical sections thrown in..

Last edited by RC-BATT; 08-31-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default The 2012 MIDWEST CHAMPIONSHIPS is in the books!

Thanks to everyone who trusted us on our weather forecasting, and came out for the inaugural race... we are pleased to report that not one drop of rain came down on the track during the entire event!

And despite all of the calls, emails and posts (over 40) from far away racer's letting us know that they weren't going to risk the drive because of the threat of storms from hurricane Issac... we still managed a strong showing of 97 entries. Thank you!!

We had a great time, and from all of the compliments and feedback, it sounds like all of you did as well.

I would like to take a moment to recognize Steve King for busting his ass for the past several weeks, grooming, preparing and testing the track and the grounds so that conditions were perfect. Not to mention, overcoming potential disasters such as the generator blowing a fuel pump just before practice began on Friday. King doesn't seek, nor get much recognition for the amount of effort and love he puts into each and every event he holds. Speaking for all of us in the racing community... thanks, Steve.

Additionally, Steve had help from countless racer's and non-racers alike over the past weeks. I don't want to leave anyone out by listing names... but King, and those of us who pay attention know who you are and your help is greatly appreciated!

Race Reports and videos are coming soon... but in the meantime thanks again for coming out and supporting what a growing number of people believe is one of the best RC racing facilities... not just in the Midwest, but in the world!
Attached Thumbnails Official Thread - King's RC Raceway, New Vienna OH-473977_638809330884_1881808382_o.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC-BATT
Hahaha or soccer moms racing around 465 in those mini vans..

Practiced on the track today and I must say, Steve built a good one here guys.
Nice flowing layout with some technical sections thrown in..
LMAO... so true! Glad you enjoyed practicing on the track, what did you think of the racing on it?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2012 MIDWEST OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP - VIDEOS

It was a great day of racing on Saturday at the Midwest Outdoor Championships, check out the action in the EBUGGY A MAIN here:

http://youtu.be/nrJTRoJj2ZA

And here is a video interview with Ralph Krum, once again proving that he is one of the fastest drivers in the Midwest by going 2 for 2, with his wins in Nitro Truggy and EBuggy.

http://youtu.be/25kVgkgAhwY
Old 09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default WORD ON THE STREET

There are rumors that a KILLER outdoor RC race series is getting lined up for the 2013 outdoor racing season, involving 3 of the best tracks in the Midwest... King's RC Raceway (outside of Cincinnati, OH), JCP-RC Raceway (outside of Indianapolis, IN), and SRI Raceway (Louisville, KY).

We will keep you posted.