R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Indiana and Michigan Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/indiana-michigan-racing-134/)
-   -   King Hobbies and Raceway dNano Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/indiana-michigan-racing/561670-king-hobbies-raceway-dnano-racing.html)

KingHobbies 10-22-2011 04:14 PM

King Hobbies and Raceway dNano Racing

Come to King Hobbies and Raceway and check out the new dNano Practice Track. We will be making a bigger track for winter racing! Come buy your dNano's now and start practicing!

KingHobbies 10-28-2011 06:07 PM

Racing

Had our first makeshift race tonight! It was a good time by all! Come buy a car and join us.

ChiMiniRC 11-04-2011 02:09 PM

You have any pictures? :)

KingHobbies 11-12-2011 08:35 PM

dNano Tracks

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures of dNano tracks.

ChiMiniRC 11-12-2011 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by KingHobbies (Post 9902926)
Pictures of dNano tracks.

Awesome, loving the gray carpet track you put together!

KingHobbies 11-16-2011 08:22 PM

dNano Racing on Saturday, November 19th from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.

$5 to race. Bring your cars. Rental Cars are available on a first come first serve basis. $5 per battery - batteries last approx. 20 minutes. Come out and join the fun!

KingHobbies 11-16-2011 08:57 PM

You Tube Video of Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1GR6-0N84

KingHobbies 11-21-2011 08:25 PM

dNano racing on Wednesday from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.

Good time to get out of the kitchen before turkey day! Hope to see you at King Hobbies! $5 for anyone to race. $5 per battery if you want to rent a car. Rentals first come first serve.

lowend 11-29-2011 10:21 AM

My buddy Lee gave me the heads up about you guys about a month ago.
Track looks sweet.Great to see the track is up and running!!

Are you going to be racing on the weekends at all?
I apologize if i missed the schedule on the site, but couldn't find anything yet.

Also curious if there have been any rules (or restrictions) established yet? - I know it's still in it's beginning stages, but have I have a few Dnano's that currently have some aftermarket tires 'n stuff on them and want to know if I need to gather up my stock parts. :)

Any info would be great!

Thanks.

ChiMiniRC 11-29-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by lowend (Post 9973114)
My buddy Lee gave me the heads up about you guys about a month ago.
Track looks sweet.Great to see the track is up and running!!

Are you going to be racing on the weekends at all?
I apologize if i missed the schedule on the site, but couldn't find anything yet.

Also curious if there have been any rules (or restrictions) established yet? - I know it's still in it's beginning stages, but have I have a few Dnano's that currently have some aftermarket tires 'n stuff on them and want to know if I need to gather up my stock parts. :)

Any info would be great!

Thanks.

When racing at Al's Hobby Shop we found that any car that comes with racing numbers had an advantage over the street cars. So we segmented a little that way. Otherwise it was stock (no mods at all) or open (anything goes).

velcro 11-29-2011 12:13 PM

The only rules that King Hobbies has in place for the moment is that you must use a stock motor, I along with a few others are long time on road racers and have found a few tweaks that help. Having some type of a dampner system and bearings help the most, a ball diff helps too but is not as important as the dampner and bearings. The wider cars have a advantage as would be expected, we are using 50-60 shore fronts and I have found that any car is better with a 20 rear shore instead of the stock 10 shore. I have also been glueing my tires to the wheels instead of just pushing them on so the tire will run truer. Jim has built a really great track and runs a good efficient program, hope to see you and others at his track soon...

Kris Poloncak

ChiMiniRC 11-29-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by velcro (Post 9973520)
The only rules that King Hobbies has in place for the moment is that you must use a stock motor, I along with a few others are long time on road racers and have found a few tweaks that help. Having some type of a dampner system and bearings help the most, a ball diff helps too but is not as important as the dampner and bearings. The wider cars have a advantage as would be expected, we are using 50-60 shore fronts and I have found that any car is better with a 20 rear shore instead of the stock 10 shore. I have also been glueing my tires to the wheels instead of just pushing them on so the tire will run truer. Jim has built a really great track and runs a good efficient program, hope to see you and others at his track soon...

Kris Poloncak

Wow really? 20 in the back? 60's on the front pushed like crazy too.
Is it safe to assume the gray racing carpet has a little more traction than the black carpet?

lowend 11-29-2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by velcro (Post 9973520)

Kris Poloncak

Thanks Kris,
That's exactly what I was looking for!
I have a few years under my belt as a carpet/road racer myself so I get were you're coming from and truly appreciate the info.
Please keep us posted on a race schedule if you hear anything, otherwise I assume the track is open during business hours.
Thanks again, and hope to be out soon...

KingHobbies 11-29-2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by lowend (Post 9973796)
Thanks Kris,
That's exactly what I was looking for!
I have a few years under my belt as a carpet/road racer myself so I get were you're coming from and truly appreciate the info.
Please keep us posted on a race schedule if you hear anything, otherwise I assume the track is open during business hours.
Thanks again, and hope to be out soon...

We will be racing this week Wednesday night and Saturday night from 6pm until 9pm.
If you have any question please give us a call at the shop during the day. 219-299-2088
Also check out the website for directions.
www.king-hobbies.com

velcro 11-30-2011 12:33 PM

The big difference is that the grey carpet will mat down and allow better grip after being run on for awhile. We ran on the black carpet for a short time and although it was consistant it never really developed a grove like a traditional carpet track will. On the currrent layout that has three or four race nights on it, a 60 front 20 rear is the most consistant and rolls very nicely. I am sure that I could turn a single faster lap with a softer set-up but the cars get very twitchy and can even traction roll with the super sticky tires. One thing to consider is that most of us that are running the 60 fronts are also using a heavy dampning fluid on the rear plates, just like with a pan car, the heavier the friction fluid is the more steering the car will have. Good racing to all...

Kris