Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House! >

AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is celebrating their 75th Anniversary! If you have not been to their 1000 acre (yes I've got my zeros correct!) site in Muncie, Indiana, you should visit. Even if you are not a model airplane guy, they appreciate all hobbies!

Here's a link to the event website: http://ama75.com/ama-75th-anniversary-event/

The AMA built a nice dirt track on their property several years ago and they have a great Driver's Stand too. For the 75th Anniversary, the plan to have the track open and also to have 6-8 demonstration vehicles for the use of people who want to try running R/C trucks!

They have asked me to spearhead this effort because I race R/C cars and trucks and I am also a 25 year flying member of the AMA. For a long time, I only considered myself "an airplane guy" until my son exposed me to R/C cars and trucks. Now I love both!

We are hoping that the vehicles will be Traxxas Slash trucks. Box Stock for people to use.

We will for sure be there on Saturday and Sunday, but Thursday and Friday are "iffy" due to work schedules. It depends on if we can get volunteers to run those days.

Please print out the attached flyer! Pass it to friends that you think might be interested and ask your LHS to post one too!

Scott Black
www.IndyHobbies.com
Attached Thumbnails AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-amadirttrack1.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-amadirttrack2.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-amadirttrack3.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-amadirttrack4.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AMA75thDirtTrack.pdf (180.7 KB, 256 views)

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 07-01-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

not trying to be too harsh as i have belonged to the AMA for several years and flown for three, but that track looks terrible. looks like my driveway with tubes moved around. i know muncie has the very best flying field but they can do better with offroad. very unapealing.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GASSPRINT1
not trying to be too harsh as i have belonged to the AMA for several years and flown for three, but that track looks terrible. looks like my driveway with tubes moved around. i know muncie has the very best flying field but they can do better with offroad. very unapealing.
They admittedly haven't kept the track up. But, we will get it in good shape for the event. What they need is some racers to USE that track on a regular basis and keep it decent.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

they need dirt. all the gravel there isn't a good thing for gas or electric. thrown rocks is very unsafe for anyone.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GASSPRINT1
they need dirt. all the gravel there isn't a good thing for gas or electric. thrown rocks is very unsafe for anyone.
I'll let them know. Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what they need!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like fun. I am very new to r/c world but I am enjoying so far. No flying vehicles yet but I have 4 trucks so an aerial toy is next. That looks better than where I play. There is next to nothing in Indianapolis for surface r/c guys, I hate it, almost wish I hadt got myself hooked. I guess I am going to have to start making some road trips. Thanks for info.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Had a good day at the track today at the AMA site. We were not slammed with people, but there were people running the donated stadium trucks pretty much non-stop all day. A few photos attached including my RC10T4 with the Bulldog body on it.
Attached Thumbnails AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-settingup.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-track.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-t4bulldog4.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-t4bulldog3.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

A few more photos from Sunday at the AMA event. Amazing things to see and do!

Photos of my son's RC10T4 on the AMA track. He ended up smoking the motor when it was all done!
Attached Thumbnails AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-kylest4.1.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-kylest4.2.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-kylest4.3.jpg   AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!-kylest4.4.jpg  

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 07-18-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I live literally less than a mile away from the AMA if i could get waivered membership i'd have that track prestine. I've got two savvys a tmaxx a stampede that would LOVE to rip that track up. I can also get material for the track at a greatly discounted price as my family works with gravel pits and dirt companies. Just let me know what kind of material they're lookin for and ill get sq yards prices for it.