Wiki Posts
Search

Granger Raceway 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plus2ss
Looks like there will be a few more Nitro buggies this weekend. Scott and I are coming, along with Edwin, Cook, and possibly a few more. Should be a good turnout.

Jon
Awesome! We'll have the track in great shape and the weather is looking very good for the whole week.

See you guys trackside!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Alrighty boys, lets go racing!

Big Thanks to Matt, Mike, Ned, Joe and Dave for their help this evening! Due to the effort of a few the track is in great shape and we are ready for an awesome day of racing tomorrow.

See you all bright and early in the AM
Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

OH YEAH... time to go play again!

See you trackside shortly
Old 06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the racers that spent a beautiful day with us today! I believe we had 57 entries (I forgot to count Austin or myself) for the day.

We had some great racing all day. While it was a pleasure to call the racing, I also got to have a bit of fun and throw my B4 in the mix (thanks Mike Ringer for stepping up and calling a few for me)

Thank you also to Pam and Lindsay for feeding us, you do a great job and we all appreciate it!

Last but certainly not least big thanks out to our hard-working Granger Raceway staff AND to all the volunteers that stepped in when we needed a hand marshaling, watering and keeping the track in great shape.

If you raced with us and had a good time (I'm confident that everyone did) the best compliment you could make would be to come back again and pass the word to your friends. The more we grow our program, the more fun we will have.

Remember next Saturday we are all going to Stateline for the opening round of the Northern Indiana RC Super Series. Hopefully we will see a bunch of you there for a great show!

Until next time, Great Racing!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Am I the only guy that wants to run Stock 2wd buggy? Though didn't do too bad boostin the 17.5.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

what are the start times and classes you are running for the nircss this year cant find any info
Old 06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

I believe tracks open at 8am for practice. 10:45am - Driver's Meeting, Racing at 11:00am Sharp. But here is the schedule and classes.

NIRCSS 2012

Rd 1 - Saturday June 16th, Stateline Raceway
Rd 2 - Saturday July 28th, Granger Raceway
Rd 3 - Saturday Aug 25th, Stateline Raceway
Rd 4 - Saturday Sept 22nd, Granger Raceway

CLASSES

Rookie (run what ya brung 10th scale)

Short Course Stock (17.5 Blinky speedo)

Short Course Mod (SC truck, SC tires, any motor/speedo)

Short Course 4x4 (SC body, SC tires)

Buggy Stock (17.5 Blinky speedo)

Buggy Mod

Stadium Truck Mod

8th Scale E Buggy

8th Scale Nitro Buggy

Last edited by mangler64; 06-10-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Starting times
Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

You got it right Dennis, Thanks

We are both also on Eastern time for those coming from the west
Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default NIRCSS Round one

Round one at Stateline, Saturday - be there!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default NIRCSS 2012

Not to be missed, we are going to have a great show!
Attached Thumbnails Granger Raceway 2011-nircss_2012_flyer.jpg  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Who out there has had issues with Spektrum DX3R cutting out during a race. This happened to me last weekend at the NIRCSS race. Not sure if it was a range thing or just a glitch. It did happen at the farthest point on the track. It has never done it before.

I do have a cap in the reciever so I could avoid this happening. Now not sure what to check?

I am open to any ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
Old 06-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangler64
Who out there has had issues with Spektrum DX3R cutting out during a race. This happened to me last weekend at the NIRCSS race. Not sure if it was a range thing or just a glitch. It did happen at the farthest point on the track. It has never done it before.

I do have a cap in the reciever so I could avoid this happening. Now not sure what to check?

I am open to any ideas you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
IF you have the antenna routed along side the receiver ( velcro'ed) then you may try moving it or runnin it through an antenna mast also maybe try getting the capacitor as far away from the receiver as possible.

I had problems with my spektrum module in a M11 and never really found a foolproof resolve - New Futaba maybe
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CRCDUDE
IF you have the antenna routed along side the receiver ( velcro'ed) then you may try moving it or runnin it through an antenna mast also maybe try getting the capacitor as far away from the receiver as possible.

I had problems with my spektrum module in a M11 and never really found a foolproof resolve - New Futaba maybe
New Futaba is high on the list!! What does everyone think about the 4PL vs. the 4PKS. Just hard to make the jump to the price of the 4PKS!!

That's alot of packages delivered.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

Quick couple of questions. Are you guys on central or eastern time? What time do you open and what time does racing start? I am thinking about heading out that way this Sat from portage, IN. Is blinky SC a decent size class(do we have our own class or are we put with open SC)? Is there power available at the track? How is tire wear on your track for SC? Am I gonna need an extra set of tires to run the main?
Thanks for your time. Hear lots of great things about your track.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rawwolf
Quick couple of questions. Are you guys on central or eastern time? What time do you open and what time does racing start? I am thinking about heading out that way this Sat from portage, IN. Is blinky SC a decent size class(do we have our own class or are we put with open SC)? Is there power available at the track? How is tire wear on your track for SC? Am I gonna need an extra set of tires to run the main?
Thanks for your time. Hear lots of great things about your track.
We are on Eastern time. Track opens at 8am for practice and Drivers meeting at 10:45am with racing to follow at 11am sharp. We have plenty of power around the track.

SC blinky is one of the biggest classes. As far as wear on tires go ... our track is very tire friendly. I am on the same set of Cityblocks from last year and they show little wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.