Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Well hope I'm not steppin on anyone's toe's, but here go's:

New track opening in Danville, IN. Indoor offroad Nitro and Electric, on seperate days of course. Saturdays is set for nitro action and Sundays will be Electric racing. The tenative date is the first weekend in December with practice on friday. Racing will be weekly there after.

I stopped by the track today and it looks awesome!!! Its located in the Danville fairgrounds right near the 4h. Everything is brand new! The track is located in a brand new metal building that is way big enough to support big tracks and big crowds. I believe the current track measurements are something like 145 x 90. The Dirt is very nice, it looks like a soil clay mix and has absolutely zero aggregate. From the looks of it, as they were bringing it in and working it with the cat, that it will pack well. They said it was some special horse dirt mixture thats left over from the 4h, but it looks awesome and should be excellent. From what I could tell the back straight will be elevated from the rest of the track about 20-24" and its full length.

The Pits will be partitioned off from the track aswell as heated. I believe the guys are planning on heating the track, just maybe not as much as the pits.
You will be pitting on a concrete floor, so dust should be down to a minimum, as much as can be expected with a dirt track. There will be onsite electric and for hardcore racers a place to lock up your stuff (tables,chairs, etc.) so you dont have to hull that back and forth.

I'm posting this on here because this is a nice facility, and surely the nitro side will take off and be a local hotspot. So its up to us winter electric and hardcore electric guys to step up and support this track so we have a place to run. With racing on Sundays it shouldn't interfere with other tracks racing on Saturdays. And dont worry about the nitro guys, we are gonna do what it takes to make it hooked up for electric or atleast a tire that works for everyone. Although it may take a few weeks to find a good tire, so bring your stock!! I know that Jason White, JB and myself will be there running electric and look forward to seeing all you area electric racers aswell. Lets make the electric side take off as much as the nitro side, because I dont like the nitrolung and I dont wanna have to buy a nova 3port because my speed will never be ran indoors......lol

Hopefully we can get some of the guys that are actually organizing this to post on here and update us as to the track progress. Jetmech or others.

Brian Bourland

Last edited by el Bourlando; 11-22-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sounds good Bourland. I will try and mike it out a few times.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I started a thread in the IN section but this is fine. Here's a pic of when we started moving in dirt:

Old 11-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is that the same synthetic rodeo dirt we raced on in TX?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

LOL, no but this stuff is unreal!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You know I'll be there!!!

I'll race about any electric class so bring'em out!!!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

hey what is everyones thoughts on running 10min mains or longer, as well as bump ups, 10 + 2 in the show?

just a thought, i know some people are running lipo's and i will be, so if there is enough to support it, i'm all for that.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Do you know what the entry fees will be yet?
Old 11-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't wait to race with my non racing nitro buds GARY FANIG,SHARPLY
(cough OVERTON cough).Picking up my xxx-cr today does anyone have Chris Pisszono (something like that) email.See you guys soon.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That looks cool- does anyone have an idea what kind of tires will be the ticket? What times would racing be on Sundays for electric?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would start of with some round and black tires. No one knows yet if they can keep the water in it during the week the traction will be better then planet so pink taper pins.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

I have to ask mark what his decision is on entry fee's. I will post once he gives me a final. I do know that this adventure is not out to make money just cover the costs that were incurred so we can do it again. Anyone that knows Mark will know that he's pretty diehard and just wants a place to play with his buddies!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Looks like a sweet place

to run. See you soon.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Rick Riggs will be the one mostly running the electric program. I will be assisting him mostly at the beginning or the days I can't run nitro. I think he mentioned wanting to start racing between noon and 1:00 but don't know if he came up with a definite plan. I do know he was also wanting to run longer quals and mains with bumps if possible to give every one what they want most and that's run time and bang for their buck!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white48rc
I would start of with some round and black tires. No one knows yet if they can keep the water in it during the week the traction will be better then planet so pink taper pins.

So I shouldnt use the BLUE Losi Spec Tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.