Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jetmechG550
I think Doug has them (pt's) cheaper at Slot's. If you have access to S Grid, there's almost always one that pops up there used for a good buy. Unfortunately, house transponders redefine the term "pain in the a$$!"
+100 I am trying to track one down right now.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

do many people show up for friday practice?
what time does the track open?
I hope to be their this friday
Thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good day of racin, 42 entries!!

Nice to see everyone again.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdeal823
do many people show up for friday practice?
what time does the track open?
I hope to be their this friday
Thanks
There's is no practice this coming friday. There's a layout change going on.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

We really liked the track and the Slash classes were great - i hope the new layout works as well as the one we raced today.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

We had a great time too yesterday. Ran 3 vehicles and brought them all home UNBROKEN! That's got to be a first for us! I entered the Slash class and did have a great time. I can't believe how much abuse those things can take compared to my T4. No wonder they are so popular.

It was great to see so many people there too.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey everybody, huge thanks to all the guys who helped me out this weekend!! I had a great time and it was nice seeing everyone. It will be a while before I make it out again...I broke tooooooo much stuff. I burnt out a servo and need all the hi-tech goodies before I come back.

A note to the operators....don't take this wrong, merely constructive critisizm. One of the biggest keys that I found as an owner and now just a racer to keep people coming back is the program length. I would suggest tightening up the rounds. 2 minutes between races, next class be ready to go and waiting 1 min prior to end of previous race. If you cant make it to your race in that 2 minute period......sorry bout ya! For most people this should be easy to achieve...unless you are running in 4 OF THE 7 Classes and cant even contiribute to being a turn marshall. It can be difficult to manage, but there could also be the threat of loosing a lap from your best qualifier if you dont return to marshall the next race (or find coverage if you cant). One thing I did notice is...so much less maintenance with LIPO and Brushless. Unlesss you have catastophic breakage, you should have plenty of time to wrench. Other than the program length I think everything was great, great facility, good dirt, layout was hard on me but was fun. Thanks for your commitment to the hobby, hopefully i can continue to partake. Kinda sucked the shop closed after the second round....I really needed parts! Have a good one hope to be back soon...Nice place!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Moondog - sorry but i completely disagree with you. I will flat out not come back to a track where im rushed. We do this as a hobby - not a headache. Everybody waits all week to race and then on race day all people want is it to be over as fast as possible just so they can wait all week for it to happen again.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sorry but the program DOES need to tighten up a little. Mostly waiting for people to come back out and turnmarshal. I know we waited longer to get the slash frequency situation resolved and thats fine. Race director's can give more time between rounds if people are ready to go. Be ready for your heats and afterward put your cars up and come back out to marshal PERIOD. 3 minutes between heats is okay as long as everyone is ready to go.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

we really liked the layout - why are they changing it? will it still have the vert wall? vert wall was alot of fun but BAD in traffic! driver stand was a work of art. i thought the track and pits were kept pretty warm and comfortable but it wasnt that cold of day compared to a few weeks ago. all in all a great place to race with friendly people.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

I had a great time this weekend. 42 entries is pretty good. I could probably count another 12-15 guys that have been there before that didn't show either. We could've had almost 60 entries. Not to shabby.
I thought the program was run really well considering. Most of the time was spent on waiting for marshalls. I know we are only required to marshall once after each heat, but we need to get more guys volunteering. They should make it a requirement upon reviewing the heat sheets. With guys running mutliple classes and some classes with only 4 people, some rounds are left without adequate marshall coverage. I bet we wasted over an hour of time last night trying to get marshalls out on the track. They need to institute a penalty like mooney said. That, and guys running multiple classes should be required to marshall other heats to make up for the ones they miss for racing.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Website changeover...

The website is changing over to a better one that can provide all the race results and a forum! All the information and pictures you saw on the old site will still be on the new site!

NOTE: There may be a several hour period where you get a "Page not found" shows up when you go to www.HCRCracing.com. It should be working just fine again soon. Strange mystical beings have to make the connections somewhere out in Internetland.

Scott
Old 12-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New site is up and running. Be sure to go to the forum (your old Planet Login will work for some of you).

www.HCRCRacing.com
Old 12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Very Nice...

New site looks dialed.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Smoke, I can understand you not wanting to be rushed. There really isnt that much rushing in a tight program if you stay on top of things. It merely helps the whole program and benefits everyone by having a more organized event. By implementing simple policies and flow now, this will help when it comes to larger events where organization is demanded. I got there at 11am and left at 830pm. 6 hours of it were sitting and waiting on my turn to run for 6 minutes. Don't get me wrong...I like hanging out with the guys. As a previous owner...I can tell you that one of the biggest reasons for MOST people not coming back is a slowly run program. The beauty of it was...on a night with 40 entries, you could get through the race program so people who have to work on monday, have families, have a two hour drive home or just want to race can go home and the track can stay open for practice for another hour or two for some wheel time. But like I said in my first post....I like the track, the facility and the guys running it seem to be some nice peeps. Great track, i will return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.