Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by el Bourlando
Looks like we will have a good turnout
My son Kyle and I will be out Sunday for sure. He'll try to keep up with you guys and I'll probably just try to stay out of your way.

Santa brought me a SLASH for Christmas! KEWL!. I bought a clear body and airbrushed it yesterday. I didn't want to look like every other Slash. And, I snuck out and bought a pistol grip radio finally too. So, now I won't look like I'm flying airplanes up on the stand anymore.

Brian, I still have your transponder. Let me know if you want to sell one of yours. I still need to get one someplace, somehow. If yours is available, great. If not, that's fine too.

Scott
Old 12-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Rack 'o' Transponders

Wonder if they'd be interested in buying these at HCRC? Found it on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123
Old 12-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Per the ebay add

"This auction is for the AMB digital transponders, base, and charging rack as pictured. These are the new digital transponders that work with the AMB RC systems. These transponders appear to charge (the lights come on) but lose the charge after about 1 hour. These transponders are not race ready and will most likely need battery replacements. 19 are included. The charging base and rack work fine"
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's Homer selling them (Tilted RC aka Tiltyard). I would say no on buying them, as the house transponders are absolute junk. Battery replacement is quite expensive, if you only did half of them. For the cost of buying them, then having the batteries replaced in even just half of them, you could buy a bunch of personals and rent them out. Either way, you always run the risk of those that forget to bring them back and keep saying they will bring them back and then never do. You also run into some that even with a battery replacement, still don't work.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks racer...I will have to find you if i cant find anything at HTU. Whats your real name? Adam, Im gonna need the batteries, I got the OK to race, but Im gonna have to mooch some goodies. Thanks guys!

Jason
Old 12-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

ADAM, I will also need to borrow a personnal transponder if you have one. Thanks Bro!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Damn bro, you are a mooch . I could snag the one out of my truck. Others usually have some hanging around.

My batts need cycles so good deal. I got a 12x2, its a revo endbell on a reedy platinum you can use if you need it, it flies.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moondog
ADAM, I will also need to borrow a personnal transponder if you have one. Thanks Bro!
Moon, I have an extra PT if you need one. I will be there.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Is it Sunday yet?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Geez.....ur generosity makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. This is the true RC Hobby....lol. Seriously though, thanks guys! I thought hobby town was open til 8pm but I was wrong. Im gonna try to hit it on the way up there tomorrow and pick some stuff up. Kinda on a budget though. I will get what I can to make it run. What time you all get there and who is coming? J. Black??
Old 12-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Racer57....looks like Im gonna have to take you up on the brush offer!! HTU dont open til noon on Sunday...no stopping on my way up. I apppreciate it!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sounds good. I will have to make a trip out to the house to get it. I won't be there until around 12 or 12:30

see ya in about 12 hrs.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Moondog, I believe his real name is Dustin.....

Tomorrow could be the day that slicks work if the dirt doesn't Freeze overnight. The dirt was very wet and grippy today.

See everyone tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jetmechG550
I would say no on buying them, as the house transponders are absolute junk. Battery replacement is quite expensive, if you only did half of them. For the cost of buying them, then having the batteries replaced in even just half of them, you could buy a bunch of personals and rent them out.
I see your point. I didn't know if there was a "deal" there or not. If replacing batteries is expensive, then it would not be worth it. Just thought it was rare that someone might be selling a rack of them on ebay.

I've been searching for a used AMB unit on on ebay...looks like the going price is about $75 looking at completed auctions. They are selling them new at HTU for $105.

Trying to make the ol' hobby stash stretch as far as possible!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think Doug has them (pt's) cheaper at Slot's. If you have access to S Grid, there's almost always one that pops up there used for a good buy. Unfortunately, house transponders redefine the term "pain in the a$$!"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.