Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jube
We had 21 entries Saturday compared to your 25 Sunday. So you say no one showed for Saturday but Sunday was killer? I didnt realize that 4 entries made such a difference in things. ????? You guys blow my mind
I think he meant the whole experience in general was killer compared to the previous day, we were not prepared for the ultra traction hero conditions.
I myself didnt have the right tire foam combo and didnt feel like wrencing on my car to change my entire setup, since we were racing the next day. I also had catostrophic failure and was unable to continue. Jube dont read too much into whats being said on here!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't we all get along?? Let's go racing!!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el Bourlando
I think he meant the whole experience in general was killer compared to the previous day, we were not prepared for the ultra traction hero conditions.
I myself didnt have the right tire foam combo and didnt feel like wrencing on my car to change my entire setup, since we were racing the next day. I also had catostrophic failure and was unable to continue. Jube dont read too much into whats being said on here!
Jubal, do not pay any attention to what Bourland just said. Becuase this is on the Internet, it has secured its fate forever and it MUST be true. Why would this not be 110% truth and fact if it did not have an area for a "Signature". Would you sign off on something if you knew it wasnt fact?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, like I said, parts are on the way and hopefully the guys will have inventory this weekend.

You suggest advertising, I try to put a positive word out on every forum I frequent and some that I do not frequent.... this being 1 that I didn't follow at all until Mark started this track. If left up to the track owners, this support of the forums would not even exist. They do not get on the forums at all. (for obvious reasons.)

I personally do not make a penny from the turnouts so I am not going to go to a school etc to hand out a handbill. I want to see a huge turnout every week because I like racing with most everyone and the more the merrier. My sole motivation for coming on here is to try and communicate civilly with the 10th scale crowd to hear your concerns and relay them to Mark to try and help things be desireable for you. I think the current layout is quite fun for electric and nitro both. Heck it is even fun for the spec slash class. ( the most fun I have out of all of them)

As for the guys on here arguing with Frank that haven't even been down to race, seriously guys, neither side of that arguement is helping anything. If you know Frank in person he is a good guy as are you. Chill out. If you haven't been there you have no basis to argue. Come out an have some fun, then argue if you don't have fun LOL!

A big race has to have a different entry fee Jacob, a big race will involve not running nitro, two days worth of heat lights etc. so a club race entry won't cover it. (the heat costs a ridiculous $$$ per day)

Everyone, keep telling everyone you can to come out and race, electric nitro, slash, etc. I do. I think the place is really exciting for the Indy area and want every racer I know to see how kick a$$ the track is.

On another note, we do have nitro guys that come from St Louis, Lexigton, KY, and Nashville Tennessee all based on seeing the Youtube video. I think that speaks voulmes about how good the track is.

I hope that I am not coming off abrasive in my posts as they are not meant to be at all. I want to see everone have a good time!

And as a final note, go back and read the posts EJF has made, he doesn't post often but when he does he is spot on. It is off road, the cars have shocks. You may need to change your setup to suit the track instead of asking that the track change to suit your set up..... LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

I am an elite nitro racer.

Greenwoody hobby town, havent been to the northside one since they had the carpet track.

I have 20 and 15wt shock oil to soak up the bumps
Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

"Hey guys wanna know why turnout is low, your giving a good example yourselves. Cant say I wanna take a chance of spending a day with a bunch of people that sit around and complain like they do on here. Some of the same people that talk advertising are on here bashing each other. Yea you guys are advertising alright and dont even realize it. Maybe some constructive tips and friendly chat could convince a NEW racer to come out. But after reading these forums i cant imagine why even a seasoned racer would want to show up let alone a new guy not sure what to expect. So theres my two cents, now bash everything i just said and make me want to come even less."

I agree with you.

How could racing with us be any fun as much as we all complain.... The sad thing is as you well know most of the guys that are complaining are great guys to hang out with at the track!!

Don't judge this facility by the posts here, come check it out!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 What Steve said.Exept for Steve..
Old 12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Dude Chris, you just blew my mind!

Back to electric related issues, I just picked up a trinity 10.5, after seeing Mikes 13.5, im hoping itll be just right for me.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

I am thinking of putting a 13.5 in my b4, I will definitely use a novak speedo, what motor do you guys favor? I heard the checkpoint motor are pretty rippin! is there really any difference with brushless from one brand to another?

I just won't use LRP speedos as I had two in KS. Put the first in and it went up in flames, second one did the same thing and the car never moved an inch....LOL! Won' try that again!! I have never had any luck with the Blue electronics.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Bourland you will love the Trinity 10.5. You have to gear it to the moon though. I was running 78/26 when I ran mine in my B4 at Hoosier.

I ran one for a couple practice sessions in my truck the first week at HCRC and was clearing everything with ease.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think novak motors may have the best life span and power combination. I have been running a trinity duo, the new pulse's arent that great from the intial reports.

I like my lrp speedo, never really had an issue with them or novak stuff. I really like it due to how much smaller of a setup it is compared to the novak and the lights and features it has is superior. There should be a new Novak in the works, heard it was being run in lrp cases. Now it will blowup this weekend like bourlands servo after he commented it was good on the b4/t4 thread.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

i myself have had a few probs w/ LRP ESC's, but its hard to dispute the POWER of Blue. They run 20* cooler than a novak will. i have had great luck with Novak motors.
My Car or truck is always fast and like 2 weks ago i was clearing the same stuff the mods were.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
Guys, like I said, parts are on the way and hopefully the guys will have inventory this weekend.

You suggest advertising, I try to put a positive word out on every forum I frequent and some that I do not frequent.... this being 1 that I didn't follow at all until Mark started this track. If left up to the track owners, this support of the forums would not even exist. They do not get on the forums at all. (for obvious reasons.)

I hope that I am not coming off abrasive in my posts as they are not meant to be at all. I want to see everone have a good time!

And as a final note, go back and read the posts EJF has made, he doesn't post often but when he does he is spot on. It is off road, the cars have shocks. You may need to change your setup to suit the track instead of asking that the track change to suit your set up..... LOL
+1

Funny thing is, there is always a lot of bitchin' and fightin' in this forum, but at the track, I never hear anything but people having a good time.

I plan on being there this weekend for stock buggy, bro's. Hopefully my speedo for my wheeler will be back from Novak this week all Li-Po'd out but I am not going to hold my breath on that.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mooney, what up bro! Your gonna make an appearance? I been racin pretty solid, gotta take a break, wish I could make it out.

The old lady loves christmas displays and the park in danville has a nice one. HMMMM, maybe I can convince her...

Almost forgot the mandatory complaint... ditch the vert wall. Fun by myself, not fun in traffic.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

I have a rb mod 528 in my lossi buggy.Can I run it in regular buggy class or do I habe to run pro class? I also have a 5.5 for electric. It should be good for the jumps ,right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.