Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would agree that there needs to be more advertising outside of this website. I know a lot of people who look at hobbytalk and there isn't much there. If it wasn't for Adam I wouldn't even know the track was there. I drive within 3 miles of it everyday. Maybe taking some flyers to a Basketball game or two. There are some pretty big schools in the area. I just got a T4 and plan to start racing there but damn you guys need to quit all the bitching. I have raced Dirtoval for the past few years and I've never heard this much whining.

See ya all soon.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian, are you going to be there this Sunday? I am thinking of coming, and I want to make sure I can bum some of your table
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by white48rc
Now I know why electric guys don't run outside.Because thay have to bring their own table chairs!!!C'mon that piss pore excuse let me know when your coming out and i'll bring an extra table and chair.

Ah, that and most of the tracks are blown out for electric.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Where are we? Not everyone checks out rctech and besides jcp's site only place this is advertised on. This is the only reason I found out about this place, besides word of mouth. Doesnt help that some of those people posting come off as arrogant, thats not helping in bringing in more racers. When someone says bring 3 we will run and then says well since no one showed up we got done faster and I could care less, i think that spells out that words definition. Now if you put flyers at hobbytown you may get some calls, its about the only hobbyshop around with parts.

A big race doesnt need to be big money, hell you charge that to club race when i have to bring all my shit and then a table chair and cash and all the parts ill need. To charge big money hopefully there will be some kind of trophy or mystical prize involved.

With the economy being the way it is, maybe you think its fine and dandy, but it isnt. The DOW is down and the fed cut the rate to the lowest rate ever today. People dont have the disposable income anymore to come out and race and spend there money they earned. Would they rather spend money racing or feeding there family? With job cuts and other things going on your going to lose racers. I know that I dont like to spend a ton of money when I'm currently in school and not working.

I plan to come out and try the place, hopefully when I do end up come out and race I will feel that this place is in a we want you to run mode than a oh sure go for it mode.
Well, maybe I am arrogant but at least I have the nutz to come out and say what is the truth. Sorry to offend you, but all summer on a few sites I posted about any and all electric guys to come out to JCP, I ran into guys in places that ran at Planet and told them to come out and tried to encourage more people to register and get involved with the electric state series as we gave Ben a section on the forum and support for the race. So after weeks of trying, and none of the electric guys showing up, am I really supposed to care? I don't think so and neither would you if the role was reversed. And what's wrong with 3 to at least make a class? Nobody hosts a class with less than that and a lot tracks want 4 or 5. Should you really waste the time with two? Pfft I don't think so. You, Jacob, who has not even come out and raced or has been to the facility, are one of the one's to continually bitch about crap and what you think is a high entry fee. You have no clue as to what you think is a high entry fee even covers. 5 guys from TN came up, that drove just over 4 hours in this crappy economy and made the comment to me that $20 was bargain especially with heat in the building.

Ok, so there's a couple guys jobless right now (sorry Jason, didn't know you were out of work), I stand corrected, but just those couple of guys don't add up to these numbers of people some of you insist aren't coming out because of the economy or a $20 entry fee and having to, OMG, bring a table and chair.

I have no stake in the track, I only contributed some of my time when my regular job allowed as did time away from my family. These are my feelings and not those WITH a stake in this track. The place has always been in the we want you to come out and race mode, so whatever you are getting at there holds no merit. The changes guys asked for were done short of making the racing surface onroad with a some jumps (I mean come on, it's off-road).
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

When people (WITH a stake in the track) ask why electric racers are not showing up, OR when they announce prices, that, when compared to tracks in the area (which happen to be an easier drive for at least 4 people I can think of), we will speak up. It is not bitching as certain people like to call it, it is someone that gives a damn about rc racing, wants to see a place do well, attract racers, and become successful. Numerous people called out the fact that having higher entry fees (while yes, only 5-15 bucks more in this flourishing economy) would hurt the consistency and turnouts. Is that the only reason? No, but its a contributor. When you ask for criticism and suggestions, maybe you should listen to them, dont get defensive because of the feedback you are receiving, and maybe good things will happen? Just some food for thought.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ms3 Chris
Brian, are you going to be there this Sunday? I am thinking of coming, and I want to make sure I can bum some of your table
Yes Chris, I will be there and I will bring an extra table for you and Jaco.
You will have a fun time I guarantee it.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

nevermind, hope you all come out and have fun
Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Frank your not good for public relations for any track!The things you say,my goodness.I've heard you Cuss people out on the PA WITH CHILDEREN PRESENT!!! I run both eletric and nitro and i've listened to your mouth non-stop, dude seriously your really making yourself look like an ASS even to me.All of THIS isn't helping the TRACK and isn't that why we are all here to HELP the TRACK? From the look of things your only hurting it. whats up dude?

Blackstone out!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Glad to see things haven't changed...lol. People complain when there is not a track...people complain when there is one. supply vs demand. To keep a track open it takes money....yes maybe the price could be dropped, but geez the place has only been open for what...a few weeks. RC is all about disposable income...that all it is! Even if a trophy or mystical prize was given you would still be out several mortage payments from a year of racing. So if 20 dollars is too much, maybe we should look for a more profitable hobby....Oh yeah hobbies are usually nothing but a waist of money for the mear pleasure of participating in what you enjoy. Maybe all the peeps who arent happy should bite the bullet and build thier own track with heat, tables, electric, shop and crappers thats 20 min from thier house and charge 5 dollars per class. Let me tell ya....people will still complain, racers will find a reason not too come...and the will prolly complain because the building that has 20 tri-axle loads of dirt in it is too dirty....track is too dry, to much bite, layouts suck, driverstand too small or its too cold. Who knows?? I agree opinions should be heard with open ears and with willingness to hear negative comments, but racers who have no responsibility find it very easy to throw stones and it gets old. Hobbies are too be fun..not stressful...and for track owners/operators...the fun is gone!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

ANGRY! Will you be there Sunday? Should I keep my mod in? Can I cound on 3 qualifiers and a main w/ you guys! (that last comment was a little a-hole humor on my part..sorry)
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Black...Sorry I could not make it Sunday...Flu stricken household. I don't think you woulda wanted to share a pit with a guy crappin in the horse stall like a horse. How was ur double header?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Jason, man you need to come out and race with us, youll have blast!
I heard a rumor you might be coming out last week?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J.Black
Frank your not good for public relations for any track!The things you say,my goodness.I've heard you Cuss people out on the PA WITH CHILDEREN PRESENT!!! I run both eletric and nitro and i've listened to your mouth non-stop, dude seriously your really making yourself look like an ASS even to me.All of THIS isn't helping the TRACK and isn't that why we are all here to HELP the TRACK? From the look of things your only hurting it. whats up dude?

Blackstone out!
Jeremy, ever heard those that live in glass houses should not throw stones? Pot calling the kettle black, eh Mr Black. I, along with most others in midwest have witnessed enough of your temper tantrums and hissy fits to make anyone not want to come around either, and trust me, I've heard it. So while I may have slipped an f'bomb over the PA to someone that wasn't paying attention, I have a long way to go to catch up to you. touche
Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Why does electric cars need a dirty carpet track, they have shocks and different oils , springs, etc for varying track conditions, its offroad, everyone is spoiled by the smooth traction hero tracks, nobody remebers back in the day when electric cars ran on rutted up rough tracks with BIG pin tires. If you break 6 front arms on a certain part of the track it should give you a clue, slow down, find a new line, dont go for the jump, etc.

I know I havent been out and raced yet, but been trying to put the word out, there is plenty of racers in the state, how about the hardestee guys, some drive to danville ill now,race carpet . The chitown crowd sticks to Leisure, but I think what hurts Indy is there is really no RC dedicated hobby shop, there is a hobby town on the north and south sides, but as we all know thats a place mainly for bashers, Indy slots has a good stock of stuff but they have a track, its carpet though and on-road guys dont like to get dirty, The location isnt an issue, the track is still young, give it time and a great track will speak for itself, but people already bitching about it because they dont like something isnt gonna help issues, take you complaints up witht he owner, offer sugestions in a way that its not putting down the facility, once a bad word is out people are reluctant to go, then the doors close and we have to resort back to carpet offroad

Done .
Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Chris yes keep the MOD in the track is sweet!! Yes you can count us in for the long haul!!!!!!

Jason not so good Sat. no one showed upSun was killer come out this weekend!!Hope ya feel better!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.