Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just a thought...a "big" race on Feb 1 might draw some of the Columbus electric racers since there is no club race at CRCRC that day. I know I would consider it.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetmechG550
It's funny how so many people say the economy can be blamed, unemployment, etc, all just excuses. I don't know one RC racer that is out of a job right now, and to add to that I don't know one person that has lost their job as result of the the economic downturn, PERIOD.
I would not say it is excuses, I know first hand that it is happening.

I have been laid-off now for the past couple of weeks and it has slowed my racing down a lot. Until I go back to work after the first of the year my RC racing will be very slim to none.

I will say the track Sunday was a lot better then it was the week before. The table is still a littel tricky but atleast is is not all chopped up on top and you can actually land on it without getting all jacked up and breaking parts. The track was also a lot smoother and made for better racing for the 1/10 scale cars. I for one will go back to the track.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For those who have came out and raced, do you feel that an earlier start time is in order??? I can put that request in and probably get 12:30 to happen if that would help the turnouts.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I havent race at the track yet but after the new year I plan too. I would say move up practice to 9 and racing to 1230 and it should be bette.r
Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

I think a earlier start time would be okay, but the weather plays into it a little.

the track may not come in right away if its really cold out, but last week it was in the 50's and you could have gotten away with earlier start, because the track came in pretty quick after a light spritz of water. (that spritz is still up for debate as to whether or not we even needed it, i think we need to experiment and take that as case by case decision.) The first week it was really cold out and it took a few hours for the track to warm up.
I know there is talk of tarping the track and i think that will help alot with the colder temps.

So i guess what im really saying is : starting earlier is okay with me, but it really depends on how quick the track can be ready, to allow for adequate practice for everyone.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
For those who have came out and raced, do you feel that an earlier start time is in order??? I can put that request in and probably get 12:30 to happen if that would help the turnouts.
I am in for an earlier start time than 2:00 PM. However, I am from Indy so it's not that big of a deal...just for my own convenience. I am down for whatever the most people are happy with.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FRANK I NEED HELP!!! I need a job..
Old 12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

both weekends we were out of the building by 6 oclock, i forget what time we actuall started but it was after 1pm.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Steve

I think Rod has a good point about feb 1st for a trophy race date, Maybe the 1st annual Winterslam @ HCRC Electroplex!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer357
Guys, I was not trying to start a flame war, I was sincerely asking WHERE ARE YOU?

As for a "BIG" race, "BIG" races always warrant "Big" entry fees. I am unsure if that is a solution or not? I do know that in Feb or March that we are going to try and hold a big race for each discipline. Specific layout for electric and specific for Nitro.

Perhaps I assumed too much as apparently central Indiana electric off road racing died while I lived in Kansas. I hope we can see more of you after the holiday as I want to hack each and every one of you!!! I am ordering a 13.5 system for my b4 ASAP!! LOL!

Where are we? Not everyone checks out rctech and besides jcp's site only place this is advertised on. This is the only reason I found out about this place, besides word of mouth. Doesnt help that some of those people posting come off as arrogant, thats not helping in bringing in more racers. When someone says bring 3 we will run and then says well since no one showed up we got done faster and I could care less, i think that spells out that words definition. Now if you put flyers at hobbytown you may get some calls, its about the only hobbyshop around with parts.

A big race doesnt need to be big money, hell you charge that to club race when i have to bring all my shit and then a table chair and cash and all the parts ill need. To charge big money hopefully there will be some kind of trophy or mystical prize involved.

With the economy being the way it is, maybe you think its fine and dandy, but it isnt. The DOW is down and the fed cut the rate to the lowest rate ever today. People dont have the disposable income anymore to come out and race and spend there money they earned. Would they rather spend money racing or feeding there family? With job cuts and other things going on your going to lose racers. I know that I dont like to spend a ton of money when I'm currently in school and not working.

I plan to come out and try the place, hopefully when I do end up come out and race I will feel that this place is in a we want you to run mode than a oh sure go for it mode.

Last edited by AxiomJacob; 12-16-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Michael#81;5174951]I would not say it is excuses, I know first hand that it is happening.

I have been laid-off now for the past couple of weeks and it has slowed my racing down a lot. Until I go back to work after the first of the year my RC racing will be very slim to none.

QUOTE]

+1 Mike.

For those saying the economy is not an issue, thats just BS. I still have my job, but it is in a volatile industry. Some of you may live paycheck to paycheck, but I dont. RC racing is called a HOBBY. When money gets tight (and for a lot of America, it HAS), people cut out movies, restaurants, hobbies Read: Their DISPOSABLE INCOME... When you dont know if you will have a job in a few days or weeks, you dont want to spend money on things you do not "need". So when the thought of going to a track (where I have seen some really "friendly" electric comments made), have to bring extra stuff, have minimal amenities, and have to pay a higher entry fee (yes I opened up that can of worms again), the idea of staying in and watching the Colts for free sounds pretty appealing.

I still would like to support area tracks and do want to see how this track is for myself, so I will probably be out there this Sunday (if enough show- who is coming?)
Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Jacob you drive from lafayette to linton or wherever you stay at.
Havent you raced in the summer? what other track, other than summit did you have tables and chairs provided. When you raced out at lynn didnt you have to bring your own table. Cmon tables thats the issue. I have an extra table in my pits Jacob, you and shieldsmith are welcome to use it, but you still need a chair! I agree with some of what you said but not all.

Yes asking Bob Cordell or getting Ben to put in a good word at hobbytown, to allow some flyers to be posted there would be a big help.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

For those of you who were here the first week and not the 2nd week,
just to let you know the partition between the pits and track have been redone. Both entrances from the pits to the track are now framed in with wood and Doors have been hung. This does a much much better job of keeping heat in the pits and keeping smoke out on friday practice days. Just thought everyone should know that the owners are continually making improvements to the track.

jacob you need to come out and race, bring shieldy and then you guys will know what the real deal is!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I know why electric guys don't run outside.Because thay have to bring their own table chairs!!!C'mon that piss pore excuse let me know when your coming out and i'll bring an extra table and chair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.