Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy) >

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

H.C.R.C.R.....C. (new track outside of Indy)

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Plan a layout change, end of Jan/ early feb (minus vert wall, and 40 ft jumps)

Plan a "big race" around the layout change

Promote the hell out of it.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Well, one racer told me last week he got laid off. I aint much better.

Bottom line is rc racing in IN just aint what it used to be.

Of course the nitro guys dont complain, it was made by them for them, and maybe we'll let electric run. ITs just like planet in reverse.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Frank, I dont wanna start dramafest II, but........the reason no electrics showed up to race through the summer at jcp is because..........THE TRACK IS GEARED FOR 1/8 NITRO BUGGIES.......just saying you will run a class if 3 show doesnt do it (maybe you sleep better i dont know) the track at jcp is nitro, has been and prolly always will be.

Also first impressions are a big part of whether or not people will come back or not... The table top jump didnt promote postive racing experience. We had asked to make minor change to it the week before and were denied. (pride) i dont know
The following week we were allowed to change it and it is now perfect.. But dont know how many were discouraged from coming back because of it.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

I hope there is a good turnout this weekend, the track is dialed now for electric.

I wouldnt get discouraged though if this week and next week are light on the numbers because it is right before christmas.

Also i have 2 extra personal transponders i will lend out for the day if that is keeping you from coming out and racing.

And my work has slowed dramatically and may be on umemployment myself in the next month. so put that in your column of effected racers.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Huge jumps may be good for show but in reality there pretty pointless. You have to hit them perfect to do it and if you hit a rut on the face its game over. Electric in indiana has really suffered more than nitro since nitro to begin with is an outdoor vehicle to me. Indoor its really noisy and the smell doesnt help.

The current track while its nice and I plan on making a trip there next time I race. It has no parts or hobbyshop which is a disadvantage with those huge tables and jumps since if you break and the parts arent there your day is fun. Tables and chairs and the personal doesnt help much either. I ran the planet show for a while and not all those transponders were bad. There was a couple but mod of them were fine. Albions had the same transponders for the last 10 years and there wasnt an issue with those.

If you do advertise which I recommend see if you can get some kinda kits in that you could bring to the track so if someone stops by to check the place out and enjoys that you can get them started with what they need to start racing whether it be a slash or a T4 or a rc8.

I ran at jcp last year with a 13.5 Lipo buggy i had to hit almost every jump full tilt.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, I was not trying to start a flame war, I was sincerely asking WHERE ARE YOU?

As for the layout, It was built by nitro guys, but every obstacle on the track was built for electric to have an option. ( The big jump not working was my fault. I thought 13.5 could get there easily) Now I know and the next layout will be better for you. In Indy I honestly expected 50 entries from the "old school" you guys are on the web and most of you still have at least three or four buddies that still have toys. I assumed a track this good in Indy would warrant calling your buds and getting them out racing.

Changing the layout will occur after every 4th week of racing. TOTAL rebuild, not moving pipes. Two more weekends and then this layout will be GONE.

As for a "BIG" race, "BIG" races always warrant "Big" entry fees. I am unsure if that is a solution or not? I do know that in Feb or March that we are going to try and hold a big race for each discipline. Specific layout for electric and specific for Nitro.

Perhaps I assumed too much as apparently central Indiana electric off road racing died while I lived in Kansas. I hope we can see more of you after the holiday as I want to hack each and every one of you!!! I am ordering a 13.5 system for my b4 ASAP!! LOL!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ON SITE PARTS are coming!

The jumps are quite small for Nitro..... LOL!!

Just come out and play Dang it!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

A one time big race big entry fee isnt really a problme for most racers. Making it out for all points races is a problem.

IF your gonna have the big races get it sorted out asap! Gotta get the word out early to get any chance of a turnout. Even a month isnt long enough.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racer357
Guys, I was not trying to start a flame war, I was sincerely asking WHERE ARE YOU?

As for the layout, It was built by nitro guys, but every obstacle on the track was built for electric to have an option. ( The big jump not working was my fault. I thought 13.5 could get there easily) Now I know and the next layout will be better for you. In Indy I honestly expected 50 entries from the "old school" you guys are on the web and most of you still have at least three or four buddies that still have toys. I assumed a track this good in Indy would warrant calling your buds and getting them out racing.

Changing the layout will occur after every 4th week of racing. TOTAL rebuild, not moving pipes. Two more weekends and then this layout will be GONE.

As for a "BIG" race, "BIG" races always warrant "Big" entry fees. I am unsure if that is a solution or not? I do know that in Feb or March that we are going to try and hold a big race for each discipline. Specific layout for electric and specific for Nitro.

Perhaps I assumed too much as apparently central Indiana electric off road racing died while I lived in Kansas. I hope we can see more of you after the holiday as I want to hack each and every one of you!!! I am ordering a 13.5 system for my b4 ASAP!! LOL!
I think you guys are doing great so far. They layout is nice and knowing that you are planning on changing it so often is awesome. I appreciate the change made for the flat top in front of the driver's stand. I think all in all the track is very electric friendly. The only big jump has a down side to soften the landing. If you break on that, it's the drivers own fault. You don't have to try and clear the whole thing in one giant leap. I have a feeling that electric turnouts will get better after Christmas. We'll see. It seems that Nitro has a bigger following these days. I hope more of the old Planet regulars will come out of hibernation and retirement. I am trying to tell as many people as I can but honestly, I don't know that many racers outside of the crowd who is already there.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Brian, I ran my electric at JCP on a couple layouts and it wasn't an issue. What I am saying is nobody bothered to even come and try. No flame war nor do I give two $hits to be perfectly honest. It was less heats to run and have to worry about or cut into nitro time.

Why is when people see three jumps in a row they automatically think they have to triple it? Why when people see a table top do they think they have to up an over it instead hitting the top and rolling off the back? If you think it's a nitro track and "oh yeah we'll let electrics run too and see what they break" then you are sadly mistaken and pretty much just a crying and bitching just to hear yourself bitch.

Again, these are my opinions and not those representative of the track or it's affiliates. The nitro points series is going to have some cool prizes, maybe if there's electric one they should give away Victoria's Secret gift cards so some of you can get some new panties.

Rant two over....next.....
Old 12-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Frank I'll agree that the economy is not to blame at all.

MI is one of the highest unemployment states in the US ( 2nd I believe in u/e, and 5th-6th in poorest? ) yet Factory tracks gets over 100 entries, along with the track in Washentnaw ( sp ) that gets 225 entries every other weekend.

I know I'm probably just adding to the conitnued opinions, but I don't want crowds getting a bad wrap.

Nitro guys are dedicated, but at the same time don't care. Yes die hard nitro guys don't bitch and moan, and are there every weekend, but most nitro guys I know ( not saying all are like this ) could care less about getting new people into the sport, and improving there current racing.

It does seem that alot of electric guys are "bitching" but they really just want to give their opinion as to what they would like to see done that they think would help the facility. Every guy that has made any comment on this track, has showed up to race, period. Electric guys have seen the entries die off, and know first hand we need to get NEW racers in this sport to supoprt any track. The ideas of the guys aren't ment to come off as "bitching", but what we have seen lead to failure, or lack of entries at other tracks, and don't want to see it happen here.

Way to go Steve, look what you started!!!! LOL just kidding.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know Ben, and I really don't want to sound like a real dick about everything. Some have more tact than others when it comes to offering insight and some come off sounding like all they are doing is complaining.

I for one, and as a hardcore nitro guy, would love to see more people get into the hobby. Many of you only know me from being brutally honest and holding nothing back but many don't realize that I am one of the first guys trying to help someone with parts, setup help or just help in general. I think the big hold up we have as hobbyists, is the lack of any really good hobby shops in the area. Yeah there's Hobbytown, and they have a good supply of the common stuff and basher stuff, but it's lacking in some area's. Same with Slot's, they really don't promote. If you go in to some places and try and promote racing a little bit you get looked at like you are trying to steal their business.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Earlier start time can help. Traveling is starting to get old, but I will continue to do it. Coming from Ft wayne this track is about the same distance as going to CRCRC. They start at noon which is a alot more attractive on Sun. Factory tracks runs elect on Sat.... thats another option for myself. I will try to make it down atleast once and try to bring some fort guys, but the late start time is a turn off for those of us travelling from afar. I envy you guys from that area. Summit outdoor is not what it used to be. It's a shame that outdoor track got ruined.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BenEllis

It does seem that alot of electric guys are "bitching" but they really just want to give their opinion as to what they would like to see done that they think would help the facility. Every guy that has made any comment on this track, has showed up to race, period. Electric guys have seen the entries die off, and know first hand we need to get NEW racers in this sport to supoprt any track. The ideas of the guys aren't ment to come off as "bitching", but what we have seen lead to failure, or lack of entries at other tracks, and don't want to see it happen here
+1
Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenEllis
It does seem that alot of electric guys are "bitching" but they really just want to give their opinion as to what they would like to see done that they think would help the facility. Every guy that has made any comment on this track, has showed up to race, period. Electric guys have seen the entries die off, and know first hand we need to get NEW racers in this sport to supoprt any track. The ideas of the guys aren't ment to come off as "bitching", but what we have seen lead to failure, or lack of entries at other tracks, and don't want to see it happen here.
+2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.