Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Esc help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 07:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Esc help

Hi everyone I have a really high kv low turn motor and a nice esc but it's keeps shutting off at full throttle for some reason it's the 10bl120 and a 3.5t motor
Old 05-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Foss Family Rc
Hi everyone I have a really high kv low turn motor and a nice esc but it's keeps shutting off at full throttle for some reason it's the 10bl120 and a 3.5t motor
There is come critical info missing here... What battery, what kind of vehicle, what gearing, and what gauge of wiring you're using. Do you have a temp gun to measure how hot the motor/esc are getting? Are you running a sensored motor?

Also... that ESC is a budget one. I mean no offense by this, but, it really is NOT really a nice ESC... it's a "gets the job done decently" ESC. You're REALLY pushing it with that motor. If it's in an off-road car then it's just a straight up bad setup. If it's in an onroad car, then improperly gearing it could cause some MAJOR issues. With that motor on that ESC, picture a weight lifter holding 300 lb's over his head... and any extra strain you put on that ESC, would be like tickling said weight lifter while supporting all that weight. Chances are... he's gonna get hurt...