Any racing near Petoskey, MI?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Any racing near Petoskey, MI?

After several google searches and some Facebook browsing... I can't seem to find any racing anywhere near Petoskey. I am going to be moving here later this month (I am up here right now as well), and I brought along one of my cars (my SC5M) in hopes of finding either somewhere to race, or finding local folks who might wanna bash around a little bit, or maybe even someone with a backyard track... since I literally don't know anybody in this town, and before I leave on Sunday, it'd be nice to know SOMEONE in the RC community around here (if there even is one), so that when we move up here later this month, I have some folks to race or bash with. I can't even find any solid information on local hobby shops! Anyways... yup... REALLY hoping i'm not moving to an RC dead zone... :-/
Old 06-26-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Unfortunately, northern Michigan is a dead zone when it comes to outdoor racing. NMRCC in Gaylord was our last great outdoor track.

There is a place in Fife Lake, about an hour and 15 minutes south on 131, that has been having races. I've not been there myself though, so I cannot confirm what it's like.

KC Hobbies in the wintertime is where it's at. Great group of racers up there, I make the trip almost every month from downstate to race there.