Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
2nd Annual Oliver's Pizza Race  12/02/18 - Larrys Performance RC in Shelby Township >

2nd Annual Oliver's Pizza Race 12/02/18 - Larrys Performance RC in Shelby Township

2nd Annual Oliver's Pizza Race 12/02/18 - Larrys Performance RC in Shelby Township

Old 09-25-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 2nd Annual Oliver's Pizza Race 12/02/18 - Larrys Performance RC in Shelby Township

2nd Annual Oliver's Pizza Race! This is round 1 of the Triple Crown trophy race.

Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST

Oliver's Pizza will be supplying us with pizza once again for us to eat while racing.

Classes we will be running:

Novice
17.5 Blinky 2wd Buggy
13.5 Blinky 4wd Buggy
13.5 Open 2wd Short Course
Mod 2wd Buggy
Mod 2wd Stadium Truck
Mod 4wd Buggy
4wd Short Course

Price: $20 first class, $10 each additional

Time: Doors open at 9am, sign in closes at 10am. Racing starts at 1015am

Updated:11/27/18

Last edited by {tpc}; 11-27-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Updated info
Old 11-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Bumping this up!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure if I will make this race I am still to new. But what are the tires of choice to run at Larry's?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't worry too much about being new, just have fun! To start out, (assuming your running blinky 17.5) i would recommend a set of proline pyramid in the z3 compound for the rear, or z4 if you can't find z3. z4 is just softer, so it wears a bit faster. For the front, proline wedge in the z3, slim or regular size, not wide. Again, if z4 is the only compound it is a bit softer and will wear faster. It may give you better traction in the rear, and for the front it may give more front steering.

Other options to consider are proline pinpoints, or prisms in the rear, schumacher cactus in blue compound for the rear, proline wide wedge in the front (if you have the wide front wheels), and jconcepts swaggers for the front.

Depending on how much practice you can get in, one set of tires may last you the day (for the rear). The fronts hang on a bit longer. If your running mod, for some reason it seems tires last longer, and some of the mod guys put their worn out stock tires on their mod cars. I don't run mod.

Lately I have been running proline wide wedge fronts, and proline pyramids in the rear. On occasion I'll switch to cactus. With the cactus you will also need to buy the blue inserts as they don't come with inserts, where the prolines do. Cactus and inserts are typically less expensive than prolines that come with inserts.