Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Idaho Racing
Whats Going on With the Fort Boise Track? >

Whats Going on With the Fort Boise Track?

Whats Going on With the Fort Boise Track?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Whats Going on With the Fort Boise Track?

Went to the Fort Boise Track today and dusted off my Losi 8ight 2.0. Drivers stand was partially torn apart and there were weeds on the track. Id like to get back into racing. What is going on with CDB and the Fort Boise Track?

Looks like there is no racing and I cant find anything on CDB. What are people in Boise doing with their 1/8 Nitro vehicles?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Everyone's 1/8 nitro are sitting on their shelves basically. I've heard about an 1/8 nitro track in Caldwell, but haven't been there myself (good friend of mine has though, he said it's big, but really rocky. Probably similiar to the dirt at Fort Boise)

TQ Speedway in meridian is now allowing 1/8 electric E-Buggies on their indoor off-road track. And thats where a LOT of us race our 1/10 electric off-road, and on-road stuff at.
http://www.tqspeedway.com/

But yea, Looks to be that Fort Boise is on it's way out. the city took back the track in Feb. of this year and had given the club the opportunity to get it back after a bunch of repairs were made. A big group of us went out and cleaned the place up, and made a few repairs....but since then, nothing else has happened. And yea, vandals busted half of the drivers stand, and nobody has done anything about it since. There really isn't an operating "club" right now, so it's all up in the air. I'm 90% sure there wont be any racing at FB this year....and to be brutally honest, I'm betting the city tears it down.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info.

Sad to hear that its a bit of a mess, and probably more to the story.

Anybody know if there is much opportunity for an individual (or group of individuals) to resurrect the site?

Its a great location and Im guessing that once the City takes it back and tares it down it will be gone for good which would be a real shame.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drunkcaballo View Post
Thanks for the info.

Sad to hear that its a bit of a mess, and probably more to the story.

Anybody know if there is much opportunity for an individual (or group of individuals) to resurrect the site?

Its a great location and Im guessing that once the City takes it back and tares it down it will be gone for good which would be a real shame.
Yes there is a lot to the story...most of it has been going on for the past 2-3 years. The club has a real bad stigma associated with it right now and it's pretty sad. It's one of those deals where nobody wants to get involved because it's like voting yourself off the island lol.

Check FB again, I posted a link to the CDB FB group for you...and you will want to talk to Jos Zamzow (he is the acting "temp" CDB president) about what you can do to help!