Idaho Racing
 Tekin Racing

New off-road track

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default New off-road track

I know Billings is a BIT of a drive for ya'll, but we travel further several times each year for events ourselves (Spokane, Minot, Denver...all approx. 7-8 hours).

The Billings Flying Mustangs RC plane club has built an off-road track out at their flying field. It is to ROAR spec re: safety features and lane width and has an EXCELLENT permanent drivers stand. PLENTY of parking, permanent toilets, concession shack, etc. We'll even be able to support campers/motorhomes/etc on-site camping for race events. Heck...they've even got a permanent BBQ pit...you shoulda tasted the pork from the pig roast!!

Pics attached.

The Flying Mustangs have contracted with Magic City RC for race directing/scoring services...scored using the full-Pro version of RC Scoring Pro, the same program used at ALL major events in the US.

We just held the first race on the track this past Saturday and it went VERY well. Lap times right around 40 seconds...fastest I saw was a 37 and change.

We are holding our first 2-day event at the new facility July 21-22 which I know is a bit short notice. If there is sufficient interest from ya'll we'd be open to holding another 2-day event later in the summer. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Scottrik; 06-27-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Less than 2 weeks to the first Billings Flying Mustangs 2-day off-road race. Pack your kit!

Held our second race on the track this past Saturday. Fastest laps were in the 35 second range, I think someone will see the 34's at the next race.

Another pic of the track, this one from the east. As you can see, nice wide lanes and a fairly scenic location.

Last edited by Scottrik; 06-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)