Building an onroad program for indoor carpet

Idaho Racing
 Tekin Racing

Building an onroad program for indoor carpet

Old 01-14-2023, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Building an onroad program for indoor carpet

Helping a local track with their on-road and oval programs. The oval is doing fine and I have a ton of experience there. Not so much with onroad. My last onroad outside of euro truck was nitro touring cars in 2002.

We run on-road 1-2 times per month, oval 3-4 times per months and the rest of the month is carpet offroad. There has been no on-road in this area for the better part of 7 or 8 years.

The track is black office carpet, with good grip, but we're still working on the tire angle. We do run foams on the oval cars and they are working, but you do have to set up your car for them. We have little experience with rubber tires and that experience hasn't been great. We may need to do more work in that arena and they could end up work. No saucing is allowed.

On-road currently consists of euro trucks which are really popular and a 2wd street stock class combined and an offroad buggy class to allow for easy transitions from oval or offroad. There have been a couple touring cars that have showed up and a couple F1 cars.

We're looking for a couple things. First is a potential spec class which would be a next step beyond eurotruck. I think there also needs to be at least one class beyond spec that gives some flexibility, a higher level of competition and the opportunity to grow.

I do like the idea of USGT and similar programs, but maybe there are better options out there.

Spec chassis suggestions?

Mid-level class suggestions?