R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Hong Kong Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing-21/)
-   -   Is GPM Racing Products Good? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing/8729-gpm-racing-products-good.html)

NitroNutz 10-15-2002 09:08 AM

Is GPM Racing Products Good?
 
Hi, just wanna find out from you guys whether the products from GPM good? Especially the hop-up parts for v1r?

Is the things at Chin Ngai Hobby & Co cheap?

If not, which shop would you recommend? I'm looking at the hop-up parts for v1r.

Thanks,

ernestf 10-15-2002 09:39 AM

according to a teenages who worked in GPM, their product is superb. it make your car lighter, stronger, look better, and run faster .....

dtm 10-15-2002 10:07 AM

In 1 word........CRAP!!!!!

Manticore 10-15-2002 10:26 AM


Originally posted by ernestf
according to a teenages who worked in GPM, their product is superb. it make your car lighter, stronger, look better, and run faster .....
they are very good staff ! always listen to the boss and try to pull your money from your wallet for their crappy tofu !

NitroNutz 10-15-2002 10:10 PM

Is there anything worth buying from them??

ernestf 10-16-2002 07:53 AM

buy out the teenages, open your own shop, and u will make serious $$.

dtm 10-16-2002 10:37 AM

Their body clips are OK.......and I hear their foam bumpers are acceptable too!!!

Tommi Makkinen 10-23-2002 03:50 AM

I was wondering why some guys just want to hate GPM and Chin Ngai shop. now i know why, a friend of mine who does business in HK told me the lowdown recently and all i can say is "now i understand those fellows who hate GPM". i'll just leave it at that... no offense to anyone concerned...

dtm 10-23-2002 06:11 AM


Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
I was wondering why some guys just want to hate GPM and Chin Ngai shop. now i know why, a friend of mine who does business in HK told me the lowdown recently and all i can say is "now i understand those fellows who hate GPM". i'll just leave it at that... no offense to anyone concerned...
Welcome to the "clan"..................:D :D

Tommi Makkinen 10-29-2002 09:48 AM


Originally posted by dtm
Welcome to the "clan"..................:D :D
Thanks... let's just say, i also got a nasty taste in the mouth from using gpm stuff in my mini-z. good thing a friend of mine bought off my gpm stuff. now im using factory kyosho stuff on my mini-z:D:D:D:D:D

M 5 10-30-2002 04:35 AM

gpm products are of very high standard in for its market

if you compare gpm to other brands its hard to find a better aftermarket who makes aluminiums better than gpm

Tommi Makkinen 10-30-2002 05:48 AM

GPM may be good quality wise... but sometimes they slip up. i bought a mini-z motor mount but strangely the mount does not have the threads in them to put the screws in. it was a waste. i bought a team homies mount for my car and the GPM mount is on my table. a reminder to me to be wary of GPM in the future... Having said that, i'm using GPM narrow front and wide rear rims on my mini-z...

dtm 10-30-2002 08:15 AM


Originally posted by M 5
gpm products are of very high standard in for its market

if you compare gpm to other brands its hard to find a better aftermarket who makes aluminiums better than gpm

Only problem is that GPM alloy is equivalent to "Tofu"......have you ever tried biting it? leaves teeth marks there!!:eek: :eek:

Tommi Makkinen 10-30-2002 08:25 PM


Originally posted by dtm
Only problem is that GPM alloy is equivalent to "Tofu"......have you ever tried biting it? leaves teeth marks there!!:eek: :eek:
So if you have a mini-z with all GPM mods, get the Kyosho Initial D "Hachiroku" for your body... since the hachiroku has the "Tofu Delivery" markings on the door...hehehehe:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yokomo Fan 11-03-2002 06:27 AM

Aiyayayay, I found that GPM parts are very expensive and are very soft.

The employees working there were all sticking decals onto their cars. Hehe, and they had no GPM parts on their cars.


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:06 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.