HK Talk Version 1.0

Old 09-01-2001, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dtm, i saw one or two rs4 micro kit in MK today, but not sure if it is the Viper.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:58 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

dtm, oh so you have it already...kewl....

when you get your camera, please show me a picture of your car...

also, if you are goin to Mongkok anytime...can you please help me check if they still have it??

Thanx...
Old 09-01-2001, 11:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

M5: just one thing.....masami doesnt drive mtx2 or serpent, and he doesnt drive nitro, hes a electric car dude!! and for brian hes a off road person...he rarely drives on road or touring cars!...hum...talking about reading RCCA for a long time, i think i brought you into buying that magazine, and doesnt seem you read RCCA that well...you dont know the drivers drives, how could you say that you "read the magazine for a while"? if you say that skills is more important then the car, then y dont i see shumacher win the F1 with a civic? he got skills, hes the world champ, so what are you trying to say?

i just want you to get the right car, not ones that are "unique" or "rare". who cares if you have that car? no ones is going to ask you if that car is good or not....they obviously know that MTX2 or serpent, even v-one-r is better then that car! you've bought a lot of cars, but most of them are wrong choices, you always told me that you regret buying the car, so i dont want to hear it again, think about it, you want to be special in the crowd and show everyone you got a different car then they or have fun with the crowd? share setup tips and what hop ups to buy?

its your call!
Old 09-01-2001, 12:18 PM
TFR
Tech Master

now i have to agree with 999...
Old 09-01-2001, 08:07 PM
Regional Moderator

have to agree with 999 also. winning a race is a combination of both car and driver. no matter how good you drive, if the car isnt up to par with those you are competing with then you wont win. it also goes the other way, if you have a great car but the driver sucks, then the end result is the same - no races won!

i get your point about david jun that if they go over to hk he'd win even if using a tao4 - but thats becuse he isnt racing against the likes of masami or pavidis or hara in that scenario. do you think he stands a chance agiainst them if he used an 04 instead of his 414? i dont think so.

and very good point regarding schumi in f1. there was no doubt he was a great driver when he moved to ferrari. but when he first joined them, the car sucked. it took him and the ferrari team a few years to develop the car to what is today to make more competitive and bring him and the ferrari team to a championship. thats why they have championships for both car and driver!

just my thoughts on the matter. sorry that was long
Old 09-01-2001, 09:28 PM
TFR
Tech Master

i always liked Mika....
but he is not getting the job done....
Old 09-01-2001, 11:01 PM
Regional Moderator

to all: is it possible to get the tires off the rim if its CA'ed on to the rim?

i read it somewhere that you could boil the CA off...does that help?

thanks!
Old 09-01-2001, 11:26 PM
M 5
Tech Regular

Yes Ferrari is the best F1 out there. You guys know why ferrari got better results after shumacher joined? Its bcos shumacher is good.He gives ideas to his engineers on how to improve the performance of his car.
Just like top drivers in RC. They make their cars run better. They have those experience and skills to run the car better.
Don't be stupid saying you get a Civic into F1. Should I say you get a mini-Z and race it with the 1/10 onroad nitros? Why David Jun will win with a ta04 in HK? You guys have better cars right? Like yours 999, you got the best mr4tc. mr4tc vs ta04....man, you gotta be kidding! mr4tc is gonna kick the old and slow tamiya butt...does it mean 999 will win david jun? well I bet no..

I don't give a damm on how you look at me and my car, as long as I'm happy with it now. I didn't regret my mind on getting my ta04pro, its just that I wanted to upgrade it to a 414!

when I was talking about Masami or Brian Kinwald, I was refering to White Cat..
999, one more thing. I read rccaraction back issues from the time 97 onwards, so don't speak to me like you the guy who came first knows better!
Old 09-02-2001, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

M5: I am sure people here just want you to think twice before you get the 4-tec. Generally people think that its less competitive then other nitro cars they mentioned. Anyway, if you feel comfortable about getting the 4-tec, why not?
I want to point out 1 thing, don't trust everything on RCCA. I always feel that their views are quite biased, just my thought.

999: Masami do race nitro, and BK also have not bad results in TC
Old 09-02-2001, 02:17 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

You mean people actually READ RCCA? HaHa..... that magazine is really only good for the colour pictures!

Every car they review they say its the best handling car they have driven! Mars is right they are bias..... always in favour of whichever car manufacturer gives them a free car to review!

Their articles are so shallow it really tells you nothing about the product at all......... I remember they had a comm lathe article once, thinking that this would be a good article to decide on which comm lathe to buy... I actually read it! Ended up to be a load of pretty pictures and re-quoting the manufacturers specs... hey.. I can read magazine adverts for specs!

Anyway... I've let off some steam now.... I still subscribe to this comic.... like I said...... good pictures!
Old 09-02-2001, 02:23 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Disaster999
to all: is it possible to get the tires off the rim if its CA'ed on to the rim?

i read it somewhere that you could boil the CA off...does that help?

thanks!
You can boil them but this is just to save the wheels.... the tires normally get chewed up during the removal. Place in boiling water for 10 minutes, let it cool and then pull off! Some rims will soften if boiled. I have had some success with a set of carbon fibre loaded plastic rims I have.. boiled twice and they are still good. With normal rims I just throw them away!
Old 09-02-2001, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

dtm: I stopped subscribing for the RCCA already. For pics, Japanese ones are even better la
Old 09-02-2001, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

FYI.

Brian Kinwald is the fastest guys here in Socal(an indoor track located at Southern California) both Stock and Modified touring class..he is running the TL XXX-S.

wai

Originally posted by Mars
M5: I am sure people here just want you to think twice before you get the 4-tec. Generally people think that its less competitive then other nitro cars they mentioned. Anyway, if you feel comfortable about getting the 4-tec, why not?
I want to point out 1 thing, don't trust everything on RCCA. I always feel that their views are quite biased, just my thought.

999: Masami do race nitro, and BK also have not bad results in TC
Old 09-02-2001, 05:07 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Hey everyone.... found an interesting link on the Orion website about the new Sanyo RC3000HV batteries. If the graph is anything to go by this these are definately the batteries to have!

http://www.team-orion.ch/products/im...isch-curve.jpg
Old 09-02-2001, 05:36 AM
Regional Moderator

dtm: what is the different between rc3000hv and rc3000? and also what is the powers patteries?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.