R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Hong Kong Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing-21/)
-   -   Kwong Wah Street (https://www.rctech.net/forum/hong-kong-racing/782197-kwong-wah-street.html)

JellyBeans999 12-31-2013 09:26 AM

Kwong Wah Street

Hey everyone who lives in hong kong
Last time i was in hk, kwong wah street was full of rc stores, now it's empty except for the 3 on the carpark end of the street? does anybody know where the other ones went, like harmoney models and Rcmodel? im pretty devastated. :confused::confused::cry::cry:

lanevogsr 01-01-2014 11:15 PM

hi i'm from singapore and going to HK soon for holidays and shopping for my RC kit and items. from what i understand, kwong hwa street is an area full of hobby shop but there's only 3 now?

i'm very interested to know where to get better priced items and good variety. can anyone pls help us

TASMANIAC 01-06-2014 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by lanevogsr (Post 12865103)
hi i'm from singapore and going to HK soon for holidays and shopping for my RC kit and items. from what i understand, kwong hwa street is an area full of hobby shop but there's only 3 now?

i'm very interested to know where to get better priced items and good variety. can anyone pls help us

There are still a bunch of good Hobby Stores on Kwong Wah. Try Action Hobby, Hobby Hobby and a few Blocks away there is Jet Hobby (which is my personal favorite store in HK). For Jet Hobby, you can check their website and call them for directions from Kwong Wah. They have everything imaginable there.

PM me if you need more help.

TAS

chaziu 01-27-2014 03:05 AM

Heard Lots of these hobby stores actually go out of business because of the rent raised so rapidly in HK, sad story.

Fletch7276 02-03-2014 01:06 AM

Hey All,
I hadn't been to HK in a few months, so was anxious to see what stores had closed/moved based on this thread. after visiting last week, I agree with tasmaniac - most/all the stores I remember are still open. as long as you're there after 3pm or so, you have about 6-7 stores to choose from. selection is still as good as ever.

bonididit 02-05-2014 02:18 AM

Greetings

A nephew is going to HK second or third week of February and wants to know which hobby shop carries the biggest variety of RC boats (electric, nitro and gas) there. Any suggestions and store location directions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

TASMANIAC 02-05-2014 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by bonididit (Post 12977923)
A nephew is going to HK second or third week of February and wants to know which hobby shop carries the biggest variety of RC boats (electric, nitro and gas) there. Any suggestions and store location directions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I know 'Waigo Hobby' at Yau Mei Tai MTR Stop (Exit A2) sells Boats. Your best bet is to call them and check if they carry what you need but I have seen decent variety there.

There is another Hobby Shop a bit further away on the MTR called 'Radar Hobby' and they have a Warehouse Size selection of Boats that is unbelievable.

The have a website but if you have trouble locating either I can let you what trains to take where and how to contact them.

Try Google and then let me know.

TAS

bonididit 02-06-2014 10:05 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing that info. I will inform my nephew so he can check it out when he leaves soon.

Boni

jeffreynky 04-06-2014 08:26 AM

Hi... I am going over to Hong Kong this Easter for holidays and want to get 3racing parts. Any shop to recommend that is open that weekend?

TASMANIAC 04-06-2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jeffreynky (Post 13161933)
Hi... I am going over to Hong Kong this Easter for holidays and want to get 3racing parts. Any shop to recommend that is open that weekend?

They should all be open.

Do stop by Waigo Hobbies as well.

jeffreynky 04-14-2014 05:13 AM

Thanks tasmaniac!

Another question. Any shops that sell eagle racing parts?

TASMANIAC 04-17-2014 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by jeffreynky (Post 13182757)
Thanks tasmaniac!

Another question. Any shops that sell eagle racing parts?

You're Welcome :)

Try Action Hobbies. It's the first Shop on the left when you enter the Street.
Make sure you use Google Maps to find Waigo Hobbies as it's the only on that's a few blocks away.

acepaw 05-06-2014 08:28 AM

Harmony model is good store the price is reasonable although they don't have a lot variety of rc

lolrcmunk 05-07-2014 01:19 PM

waigohobby ~ largest rc store in hk. many radios,servos,batteries & model brands ...blah blah cant list all...

their web: www.waigohobby.com

cheers

holeinone 05-08-2014 11:39 PM

I have been to the shops there many times in my previous trips. Seriously, I dont find that their prices are that competitive compared to what we can find in the local hobby shops or online. Only selected items are worth buying from there and unless you know your prices well, it's very easy to end up buying something there and end up finding out that it's the same price or cheaper in Singapore or online.