Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Hong Kong Racing
bought my first r/c car in hong kong! >

bought my first r/c car in hong kong!

bought my first r/c car in hong kong!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default bought my first r/c car in hong kong!

I had been eyeing the shops for a while but never got around to checking them out.

I had decided to get a Traxxas e-revo 1/16 as i didn't want anything huge for my first r/c car and after checking out some shops, found only one store that had some traxxas models in stock. They only had the e-revo 1/16 vxl brushless (i wanted the cheaper/slower brushed model) but the price seem same as online places (2500hkd) so I just bought it on an impluse. since that was the only shop that had it didn't succeed in bargaining much.

the shop was not on kwong wah, but inside the building with all the r/c shops. very small shop but surprisingly well stocked.

any shops in hk selling traxxas parts? want to get the peak charger and a battery for longer runs.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rumnyc View Post
I had been eyeing the shops for a while but never got around to checking them out.

I had decided to get a Traxxas e-revo 1/16 as i didn't want anything huge for my first r/c car and after checking out some shops, found only one store that had some traxxas models in stock. They only had the e-revo 1/16 vxl brushless (i wanted the cheaper/slower brushed model) but the price seem same as online places (2500hkd) so I just bought it on an impluse. since that was the only shop that had it didn't succeed in bargaining much.

the shop was not on kwong wah, but inside the building with all the r/c shops. very small shop but surprisingly well stocked.

any shops in hk selling traxxas parts? want to get the peak charger and a battery for longer runs.
Just go back to the shop you bought the e-revo from and they should be able to get the parts for you. All Traxxas stuff is made in China so most shops should be able to get it if needed.

Likewise there are plenty of chargers on KWS as well. It may pay to look into Lipo batteries for the ease of use and longer run times. Get a charging sack to be safe though.